Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All us taxpayers already pay something for all illegals in prison. It may not be the total cost, but if California insists on doing nothing about illegals, let the "broke" State pay their own way. Just another nail in the coffin for their stupidity about illegals. Although I do feel sorry for the California taxpayer. No wonder an exodus is occuring in that state. The illegal low skilled people can never pay the taxes needed to keep that state in operation.

BILL NUMBER: SB 125 AMENDED
    BILL TEXT

AMENDED IN SENATE MARCH 23, 2009

INTRODUCED BY Senator Benoit
    ( Coauthors: Senators Cox,
    Harman, Huff, and Runner
    )
    ( Coauthors: Assembly Members
    Tom Berryhill, DeVore, Galgiani,
    Harkey, Jeffries, Knight,
    Logue, Niello, Silva, and Smyth
    )

FEBRUARY 4, 2009

An act to add Section 5028.5 to the Penal Code, relating to
    undocumented criminal aliens.

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

SB 125, as amended, Benoit. Undocumented criminal aliens: costs of
    incarceration: collection of data.
    Existing federal law requires the federal government to compensate
    a state for the costs of incarcerating undocumented criminal illegal
    aliens, or to take the undocumented criminal alien into federal
    custody, as specified.
    This bill would require the Secretary of the Department of
    Corrections and Rehabilitation to annually bill the federal
    government for the costs of incarcerating undocumented criminal
    aliens within California's correctional system . The bill
    would require the Attorney General to utilize all available legal
    resources to obtain reimbursement compliance
    with payment of the written bill if the federal government
    fails to make payment.
    This bill would also require the Department of Justice to collect
    data on the total number of, and percentage of, undocumented alien
    inmates in all state and local correctional institutions in the state
    and to publish the data on its Internet Web site. The data would be
    required to be annually updated and published.
    Vote: majority. Appropriation: no. Fiscal committee: yes.
    State-mandated local program: no.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1. Section 5028.5 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
    5028.5. (a) (1) The Secretary of the Department of Corrections
    and Rehabilitation shall annually bill the federal government, in
    writing, for the full cost of incarcerating any undocumented criminal
    alien incarcerated within California's correctional system.
    (2) In the event that If the federal
    government does not make the payment demanded in paragraph (1), the
    Attorney General shall utilize all available legal resources to
    obtain compliance with payment of the written bill.
    (b) The Department of Justice shall collect data on the total
    number of, and percentage of, undocumented alien inmates in all state
    and local correctional institutions in the state and publish this
    data on the Internet Web site of the department. This data shall be
    initially collected and published on or before July 1, 2011, and
    thereafter updated and published annually on or before July 1 of each
    year.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California needs to prove that they will start working to reduce the IA population in this state before asking for a bail out such as this bill. Before (and after) the trillions Obama is spending on bailouts, people have a right to see proof that thier money is going to work.

I don't blame the rest of you in other states who resent helping CA out, but keep this in mind "as California goes, the other states are soon to follow".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is a site where you can send free e-mails in support of SB 125.

http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=13010641
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is another suggestion.

Have the Feds give California the money earmarked for LaRaza,ACORN and any other group who promotes Illegal Immigration. Problem solved !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

The link for the web site for daily updates to CA. SB 125 is:

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/s ... n_v98.html
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    California needs to prove that they will start working to reduce the IA population in this state before asking for a bail out such as this bill. Before (and after) the trillions Obama is spending on bailouts, people have a right to see proof that thier money is going to work.

I don't blame the rest of you in other states who resent helping CA out, but keep this in mind "as California goes, the other states are soon to follow".
    A good statement SicNTiredInSoCal. I understand everyone's frustration with California. When I lived back east I might have felt as they do. I was distanced from it. But this isn't the case in other states anymore. The invasion has spread. And since living here I've discovered how the legislators here overrule the voters! This is the reason I said we need the rest of the States to bring pressure to bear on California legislators. I hope this Bill passes and it spearheads EVERY state proposing the Fed pay for illegals in their prisons. Not just here. Let the federal government finally be forced to take some responsibility for their inaction over the years. If they are, they won't like it much and they'll take action to enforce our immigration laws and secure our borders! And they'll be sure to deport them after they get out of prison and hopefully before they can commit crimes that would land them in our prisons.

I will support every action legislators take to finally enforce our laws. Regardless which state or locality. I think Senator Benoit knows that the only way they will pay attention and take action is by hitting them at the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Here is another suggestion.

Have the Feds give California the money earmarked for LaRaza,ACORN and any other group who promotes Illegal Immigration. Problem solved !
    I LOVE this idea USPatriot!

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

A good statement SicNTiredInSoCal. I understand everyone's frustration with California. When I lived back east I might have felt as they do. I was distanced from it. But this isn't the case in other states anymore. The invasion has spread. And since living here I've discovered how the legislators here overrule the voters! This is the reason I said we need the rest of the States to bring pressure to bear on California legislators. I hope this Bill passes and it spearheads EVERY state proposing the Fed pay for illegals in their prisons. Not just here. Let the federal government finally be forced to take some responsibility for their inaction over the years. If they are, they won't like it much and they'll take action to enforce our immigration laws and secure our borders! And they'll be sure to deport them after they get out of prison and hopefully before they can commit crimes that would land them in our prisons.

I will support every action legislators take to finally enforce our laws. Regardless which state or locality. I think Senator Benoit knows that the only way they will pay attention and take action is by hitting them at the bottom line.
    Yes to all of that! Only another who lives here can really understand. Believe me, we are not ALL fruits and nuts here!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO AMNESTY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast