Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good point, but do they care if they have permits? A permit gives permission, just like a visa or green card gives entry. I am not sure that these people care any longer about any law or anything else that interfers with their demands.

What would the police do? Would they arrest them? What a mess.

Luke 24
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Good point, but do they care if they have permits? A permit gives permission, just like a visa or green card gives entry. I am not sure that these people care any longer about any law or anything else that interfers with their demands.

What would the police do? Would they arrest them? What a mess.

Luke 24
    The marchers may not but the organizers won’t be too happy when the fines roll in and god for bid anything happen that would require the police to get involved in. It may prompt some uncomfortable questions and will only highlight our assertion about them ignoring the laws of this nation.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

They will do away with us----

They will do away with us----by any means. Disease, illegal entry, anchor babies, costs of health, welfare,loss of jobs to them, any way they can.do it--they will. The new world of communication which many of the world's poor can see has, somehow, imprssed a feeling of entitlement on millions of people. While I admire the chance for these poor folks to improve their lives, they are using their new knowledge in the western hemisphere to demand rights that are not theirs. They assume by the act of birth that they are entitled to participate in the wealth of any country they choose. They watch American and European television. They see aliens suing the governments of republics and democracies and feel it is their right to do the same. They see the spineless English clergy and government strip the citizens of weapons and then start granting Sharia law to those who have invaded the countries.
    And in our case, here in America, they revert to history and are attempting revanchism. They want to turn the clock of land ownership back to the time when Mexico owned a large piece of the southwest. They have no interest in going back before that because the cruelty of their ancestors would then be exposed to the world. If the rest of the world followed suit, it would be war and chaos in a short period of time. This disease of hate has now spread to multiple countries in South America. The weakness of our leaders is amplifying the disease of false entitlement so that former friendly countries now publicly excoriate us without fear or concern.

In the meantime, spineless, treasonous American politicians want to aid and abet them, (Pelosi, Reid, Gutierrez, Durbin to name a few), in their efforts. They will strip the flesh from the bones of our republic. Whatever their motivation, be it misplaced compassion or the One World dream, they are surely killing us. They are stealing my children and grandchildren's dream to give it to themselves and their progeny.

This old man, for one, is done. I am not sure what actions I can take, but I will look to see what I can do. I have donated modest sums to worthwhile American groups (Alipac, for one). I blog, I vote. I have marched. I fax my Senators and representatives. My Representative has voted and acted American and conservative all the way. My Senators have not. I feel antipathy to the invaders and their supporters where I once felt empathy and understanding. They are putting me in the position where I must consider dire circumstances for my family and I will do whatever is necessary to stop that.

The idiot in the White House, Mister um-ah-er for want of a better name is hastening the day. I will not yield my grandchildren's birthright to those who think they can walk in and take it. I will fight to the death--it is their gift, not open to any taker who so chooses.

I know anyone who favors the illegal immigrants will instantly label me as a xenophobe or a racist. That is so easy to do. It is a lot easier than defending this country. I will say that were I an alien in Mexico or many other countries, I would try to come here as they have. But I accept that it would be wrong and I would be prepared to pay whatever penalty I was given.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Is there any evidence that these people have been eating halluginogenic mushrooms? Worry about the health of your fellow residents and the "flock" of illegals they are trying to protect from our laws is apparently superfluous to turning this country into something from the third world for the benefit of the illegals and our corporations just sucking us dry.
    I think we should put some mushrooms in their water. Intead of them yelling "The border crossed us!" they will be yelling "I am a tree!!" in spanish. That would make them look insane
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Why is our government asking illegal aliens marchers to wear face masks, but our Border Patrol was told not to?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

While aware of the situation in Mexico City, march organizers wish to express their demands without being singled out because of their country of origin.
    Geeez Louise. How can you avoid being singled out when only Hispanics march through our streets yelling "demand, demand, demand." Kind of hard to single out the Irish or Russians when they're not marching.

Jorge: Get back to me when you have photos of protest signs in Gaelic or Chinese.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

May Day march set for rush hour

Against the backdrop of a sputtering economy, rising joblessness and growing intolerance toward illegal immigration, thousands of immigrants and their advocates will march through downtown streets during Friday evening's rush hour to draw attention to the need for comprehensive immigration reform.

By Lornet Turnbull

Seattle Times staff reporter

Against the backdrop of a sputtering economy, rising joblessness and growing intolerance toward illegal immigration comes this annual event: the massive May Day march that draws thousands onto downtown streets.

Friday's demonstration also comes amid strong indications President Obama is willing to move on long-sought demands of protesters: immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for the 12 million immigrants in the U.S. illegally.

Marches are planned in cities from New York to San Francisco. Seattle's will be during Friday evening's rush hour, with a predicted 5,000 or more participants.

Beginning at 3:30 p.m. near St. Mary's Church in the Central Area, marchers will go through the International District, to Westlake Center and finally rally in Pioneer Square's Occidental Park.

In addition to immigration reform, demonstrators are also demanding universal health care, worker rights and an end to wars instigated by the U.S. "I think it's important this May Day to go out into the streets very strong and say this (immigration reform) is an issue that has not been resolved," said Jorge Quiroga, of the organizing group, el Comité Pro Reforma Migratoria. "Every year we can find a reason for not solving this problem — war, elections, the economy. We ... need attention and we need it now."

But those who favor tighter immigration enforcement say marchers may find less public sympathy than in the past. As joblessness soars, there's corresponding rancor among those who think that immigrants — legal and illegal — take jobs U.S. citizens should rightfully have.

"I think the economic situation will make the public even less receptive to the idea of amnesty than a few years ago when it first came up," said Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform.

Indeed, things are different this year.

Like others in this economy, immigrants, particularly those who been employed in the construction industry, have lost jobs in large numbers. With no safety net, growing numbers are homeless. After years of marches that haven't resulted in the changes they seek, some have become discouraged, organizers worry, and believe it's best to leave it to those with direct access to Congress and those in the Obama administration.

They've seen how a grass-roots approach can bring about results.

Obama promised during his campaign he would back a plan to fix the nation's immigration system and recently has stated he would like Congress to move soon on a plan. A Senate hearing is scheduled today.

Lornet Turnbull: 206-464-2420 or lturnbull@seattletimes.com

Copyright © 2009 The Seattle Times Company
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... cation=rss

Against the backdrop of a sputtering economy, rising joblessness and growing intolerance toward illegal immigration, thousands of immigrants and their advocates will march through downtown streets during Friday evening's rush hour to draw attention to the need for comprehensive immigration reform.
    Whoo-hoo - thats rich. March during rush hour - piss off even more people! I can hardly wait....

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Whoo-hoo - thats rich. March during rush hour - piss off even more people! I can hardly wait....
    With how people are feeling about swine flu right now, I hope they do it. You're so right SicNTiredInSoCal!!!

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Well, I guess Obama gave them the thumbs up to go ahead and march all over our cities since he said yesterday he will help them with amnesty reform by the end of this year. No problemo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12