Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain, Romney grab reins of California's GOP voters

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/poli ... field.html

The volatile Republican presidential contest in California has turned upside down in the past month and now stands as a close race between Sen. John McCain of Arizona and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, according to a new Field Poll.
    That race became even tighter yesterday when former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee dropped out.

The poll shows McCain leading with 23 percent to Romney's 21 percent as the Feb. 5 primary approaches.

A month ago, the Field Poll showed former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani comfortably ahead of the pack and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in second place.

Now, Giuliani has slipped to third place with 13 percent and Huckabee fourth with 12 percent. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas placed fifth with 7 percent.

“I've never seen such an unsettled field two weeks before an election, at least in a presidential primary,â€

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Rudi is done with it

Romeny will take Hunters 25 and probably some of Freds also

It'd be nice if the Huckster would bow out too, so we could get the anti-McCain vote going for Romney.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I suppose this is like the Michigan polls that had Romney "in a dead heat" with McCain. In other words in reality Romney is leading by 10 points!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BTTT
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

You know after thinking about this some more, this is like the polls that got people to vote for Arnold during our recall of Gray Davis. Many people I know said "I like McClintock best, but I am voting for Arnold so Cruz Bustamante does not win". Well as it turned out, both Tom McClintock and Arnold could have beaten Bustamante. The total of both Tom's and Arnold's vote together were more than twice what Bustamante got! In other words both Arnold and Tom could have had the same number of votes and they both would have had more than Bustamante. But the powers didn't want McClintock to win so they printed phony polls showing much higher support for Bustamante than their really was.

It is the same thing this time, I am sure Romney is ahead of McCain so I am going to vote for who I really want, Ron Paul.

Bowman said:
    It is the same thing this time, I am sure Romney is ahead of McCain so I am going to vote for who I really want, Ron Paul.
    Did you hear there has been an unusually high number of CA voters changing to Republican recently? In CA one has to be a member of the Rep party to vote for their candidates and my guess is it's due to Ron Paul supporters.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Did you hear there has been an unusually high number of CA voters changing to Republican recently? In CA one has to be a member of the Rep party to vote for their candidates and my guess is it's due to Ron Paul supporters.
    Unfortuantely I missed the deadline so I'm stuck voting for a Democrat - I was waiting for Lou so I could register Independent. Can I just vote on the Prop's and leave the presidential candidate blank?

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Yes I am one of them, I was decline to state until Ron Paul gained some traction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast