Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain tells GOP: tone down anti-immigration rhetoric

Read this story closely.
    -----

thehill.com
    A familiar McCain back on old stomping ground
    By Alexander Bolton and Susan Crabtree
    Posted: 01/07/09 08:28 PM [ET]

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), fresh off his disappointing bid for the White House, returned to a familiar role in the Senate on Wednesday, shaking up his own party and reaching across the aisle to Democrats.

In a span of hours, McCain told Republicans in a closed-door meeting they needed to tone down the party’s anti-immigration rhetoric, then appeared at a news conference with his old friend Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) to lead a bipartisan call to crack down on earmarks.

McCain also unveiled a new political action committee, Country First, a grassroots organization that borrows from his campaign slogan and promises to “strengthen our party [and] better define our Republican ideals and message,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    this old man need's to drag his corrupt, broken, drunk on power backside down here to Florida and play some shuffle board

I'll kick in for a Hove~R~Round...

NEOCONS are a disease to the Republican Party and McCain is not our party head... matter of fact.. he was rejected
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO, I will not quit.

The arrogant elitist lost his presidential bid because he tried to force tens of millions of criminal ailens on us, yet he continutes to defy the will of the people.
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

ELE

Illegals and greed all integral parts of the Dperession.

Obviously someone and/or group bought and paid for Mc Cain and we know it wasn't someone or group that loves America!

If anytihng the Republican party needs to make clear to Americans in every state the connection between illegal immigration and the Depression. And show the American people that don't get it, why we must enforce our laws and use a combination of attrition and deportation.

He lost the election because of Hispandering, plain and simple.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

The "MAVERICK" lost because of his stance on illegal immigration. NO ONE WANTS A BUNCH OF ILLEGAL ALIENS TO OBTAIN ANY PRIVILEGES IN AMERICA! AMERICANS WANT THEM ALL DEPORTED!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He talked about the loss of Hispanics and the loss of young people

Of couse young Americans aern't having babies> How can they afford it with the price of health care in hopitals and Dr.s offices, Not to mention daycare. Yea real American's are responsible for their bills and have to pay!
    Buy the time a American has a baby with the cost so high> Then they have to worry how to feed them.
    Something most illegals don't have to worry about! It's free.

[quote]
    At the all-day, private GOP meeting at the Library of Congress, McCain told colleagues their poor image among Hispanics, which he attributed to bitter intra-party squabbles over immigration reform, dealt his campaign a devastating blow.

“He talked about his own race and the devastating loss of Hispanic voters and how that arose on the rhetoric on immigration,â€
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The scary part is that---

The scary part is that--- Ensign and others seeem to agree with his insane logic. The population of America is approximately 14% Hispanic and 14% black. Simple math, (which I believe is unknown to RINOs), leaves approximately 72% white.
    Out of 125 million votes, McCain got 58 million. Obama got 67 million. In the 2004 election there were 121 million voters. 4 million more voters. Interestingly, the percentage of female votes cast in this election, more closely represented the total vote than male votes. Female 53%, male 47%.

I am a conservative. While McCain proposed amnesty, I was going to vote for anyone else. When Obama won for the Democrats, I was uncertain. At the time I knew little about Obama. I decided to vote third party rather than vote for anyone who would ruin this country with a free pass for illegals whose cultures defy American principles. Then Sarah Palin came into the race. Idid not know her stance on immigration, but I heard a lot of other things I liked and I voted for McCain because of her.

McCain is every bit as eager to destroy this country for globalism as the current President is. He chased the Hispanic vote. He got 31% of it. Using population percentages , that means he got approximately 6 million Hispanic votes and Obama got 12 million.

While chasing those 12 million Hispanic votes, this writer believes McCain lost 20 million other votes. Add to that the image that Obama projected of "change in America" that definitely appealed to most younger people and females, McCain shot himself in the foot.

Someone needs to print out the definition of "maverick" for McCain. Also, he needs the definition of "loyalty" and "patriotism". He is NOT a Republican. He is opposed to almost every Republican platform, be it Global Warming, drilling, white American middle class citizens---you name it. He is Ted Kennedy's alter ego. He got what he deserved, but in the process he gave us conservatives a punishment we do not deserve. I wish he would retire.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast