Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McConnell Says Immigration Doesn't Hurt Lawmakers' Re-Elect

McConnell Says Immigration Doesn't Hurt Lawmakers' Re-Election James Rowley
    May 25, 2007

May 25 (Bloomberg) -- Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (news, bio, voting record) said the controversial immigration bill in Congress won't cost ``a single member of either party'' at the polls next year and predicted the bipartisan compromise will win Senate approval next month.

Most Americans want Congress to fix a system they regard as broken even though they have reservations about the proposed legislation, McConnell said in an interview on Bloomberg Television's ``Political Capital with Al Hunt.'' Public opinion, he predicted, will trump such specific concerns as whether it amounts to amnesty to grant eventual legal status to the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S.

``This is a divisive issue'' for both parties, said McConnell, a Kentucky Republican. But, he said, ``I don't think there's a single member of either party next year who is going to fail to be re-elected over this issue.''

The Senate this week debated the Bush administration-backed compromise, defeating proposed amendments that could have undermined the agreement, and will return June 4 after a week- long break for the Memorial Day holiday. McConnell predicted Senate passage soon after the lawmakers reconvene. The measure's chances in the House remain uncertain, he said.

McConnell, who last year was among 23 Republicans who voted for a Senate-passed immigration bill that died in the House, said he probably will vote for the latest version.

``It's a big improvement over the bill that passed the Senate last year,'' McConnell said. ``I would rather act than not act, and I am not looking for an absolutely perfect piece of legislation.''

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20070 ... ahtddf84_1
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mitch McConnell is an arrogant idiot. How else could he think the most powerful issue in America would not decide races in 2008.

The fact he has come out saying this tells us that other lawmakers are scared of the public backlash and he is making these assured comments to try and ease their fears.

This is a big win for the American public!

When you first read it, it makes you mad. But when you think about it, he is admitting that the DC crowd is getting very worried and their fragile coalition is getting very nervous!

Why else would he come out playing it ballsy like this?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unbelievable! I know Democrats who are livid too because of this bill and they aren't "open borders" people. My hubby works with them and told them to call the reps. They said, "Oh ya, I should do that." DUH

Other I know are registering as Republicans to vote for Tancredo in the primaries and then to an Independent for the General Election. I think we need to suggest that to our Democratic friends. This way they know we aren't trying to get them to move over to a party. I tell them I'm voting for Tancredo then registering to Independent. I don't tell them what party I'm in unless they ask. I also ask, that they call their reps and tell them they are doing that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Seems to me McConnell has his head buried in the sand!!!!!!!!!!

Mexican sand, that is.

MW
    Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (news, bio, voting record) said the controversial immigration bill in Congress won't cost ``a single member of either party'' at the polls next year
    Who are you trying to convince, Mitch?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (news, bio, voting record) said the controversial immigration bill in Congress won't cost ``a single member of either party'' at the polls next year
    WHAT
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

He's doing just what W. said trying to convince the Republicans that are going home to meet the rath of their citizens and if he wasn't worried about it he would not have mentioned it Traitor!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To everybody out there hanging in the backround yes you!! we invite you to...
    let your voices be heard, Its time to get involved, calls, faxes, and e-mails, post at the link below to let everyone know what you are hearing, it helps our leaders to make decisions on what steps to take next. Lets let congress know what real Americans Want!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=363412

Check out Operation Bring it Home also and get your home towns involved!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63288

If anyone can't find information for contacting senators or not sure what to do, just ask, someone will help you, We have lots 0f nice people just waiting to help you!!

HINT: EASY WAY TO HELP OUT.....When you post on another site with good patriotic Americans leave behind a Momentous message, the link to ALIPAC ( http://www.alipac.us/index.php ).
    Any donations to help keep ALIPAC afloat will be much appreciated
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell is an arrogant B.S. artist.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>