Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I wonder if Mrs. Smith had the permission to use the names of the people who wrote her. The illegals around here are not the nicest people. If my name was in the newspaper with comments against illegals I'm sure my home or property would be graffitied and/or vandalized or my car windows would be shot out. There's a good reason to remain anonymous when dealing with illegals. I hope she didn't put any of those people in danger when she printed their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    I wonder if Mrs. Smith had the permission to use the names of the people who wrote her. The illegals around here are not the nicest people. If my name was in the newspaper with comments against illegals I'm sure my home or property would be graffitied and/or vandalized or my car windows would be shot out. There's a good reason to remain anonymous when dealing with illegals. I hope she didn't put any of those people in danger when she printed their names.
    Excellent point
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you Cayla for getting on your soapbox! You are right we can not stoop to the OBL's level.

"Mayday"
    I wonder if Mrs. Smith had the permission to use the names of the people who wrote her.

I was wondering about that. My name was put in the Phoenix Times about 6-months ago. Anyone know?

There's a good reason to remain anonymous when dealing with illegals. I hope she didn't put any of those people in danger when she printed their names.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Don't surrender our country to the invaders.

Don't give away our citizenship rights.

NO SURRENDER - NO AMNESTY - EVER
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    The initial reaction – from people who actually buy the newspaper – was pleasant, though not plentiful.
    People buy their paper? I bet sales are on a downward trend.
    Becasue the people that buy the paper have been mushroomed into thinking illegal aleins are just here to work with good family values. If the paper told them the truth, then the readers would all be calling her an idiot.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wrote – and believe – that a pragmatic approach is preferable to a situation that condemns these children to a life in the shadows as adults and ensures that society will have no chance to reap the benefits of their talents.

Does this twit not believe we have plenty of American children whose talents we can "reap the benefits" from???? Does she think the only ones who offer anything good to this nation are the offspring of a bunch of lawbreakers???

They would, of course, turn right around and, by chain migration, bring these same lawbreaking illiterates in as "valuable" citizens, no doubt. If we give them citizenship it should only be with the requirement that the rest of their families go home with no chance ever of chain migration. Let's see if they're willing to stay here without their lawbreaking parents. Let's see if those "family values" kick in then and compel these paragons to go home with the same family that taught them those lawbreaking so-called "values".

Be sure to send her an email to let her know how you feel about this article.

"Sylvia A. Smith has worked at The Journal Gazette since 1973 and has covered Washington since 1989. She is the only Washington-based reporter who exclusively covers northeast Indiana.

Her e-mail address is sylviasmith@jg.net. Her phone number is 202-879-6710."
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Notice how she totally ignores this letter that was sent and printed:

Letter (Web version): Legal immigrants should have dreams granted

Sylvia Smith’s column “Lugar’s bill aids immigrant childrenâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If this woman purports to be a reporter, she should spend her time on reporting what is happening with the people she covers in Washington, rather than promoting her own political platform. Yes, these writers in response to her article were not the kindest, but that is no reason to devote precious newspaper space to laugh at your fellow Americans who happen to disagree, no matter what kind of language they use.
    And who was that anonymous blogger that devastated your treatise? I wonder how many of these comments came in through the newspaper website and not some blogospheric forum, where you had no defense? This is called freedom of speech, such as you like to take advantage of and get paid for it, while those that disagree are voicing frustrutations with no pay whatsoever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast