Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico going to UN over OUR fence

Mexico may challenge U.S. border fence at the United Nations
    The Associated Press

Published: October 4, 2006

MEXICO CITY Mexico said it may go the United Nations to challenge U.S. plans to build hundreds of miles (kilometers) of fences on its southern border.

Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez told a news conference Wednesday that the proposal to put up what he called a wall was an "offense."

Asked if he would take the issue up with the United Nations, a step some Mexican lawmakers have called for, Derbez replied: "Without a doubt, we are examining with the foreign relations legal team what options are open at an international level and we will take them."

On Wednesday, Bush signed a homeland security funding bill that includes US$1.2 billion (€0.95 billion) for fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border to stop illegal immigrants and criminals sneaking over.

Outgoing President Vicente Fox has called the fence plan "shameful" and compared it to the Berlin Wall. Fox has spent his six-year term lobbying for a new guest worker program and an amnesty for Mexicans working illegally in the United States.

On Tuesday, all eight parties in Mexico's Congress joined forces to exhort Fox to use all the diplomatic means at his disposal to try to stop the construction of the fences.

Fox's spokesman Ruben Aguilar said Wednesday the U.S. Congress is unlikely to approve enough funding to finish the project, despite the US$1.2 billion (€0.95 billion) approved.

"There is no money to build it, so it won't be built," Aguilar told reporters.

While some say the whole project could be finished at a total cost of US$2.2 billion (€1.73 billion), others say it could be much higher; a 14-mile (23-kilometer) segment of fence under construction in San Diego is costing about US$9 million (€7.1 million) per mile.

President-elect Felipe Calderon, who takes office on Dec. 1, has also attacked the fence plans.

"One could stop more migrants with a kilometer of new roads and development (in Mexico) than with a wall," he said Monday.

There are an estimated 11 million Mexican living in the United States, about half illegally.

MEXICO CITY Mexico said it may go the United Nations to challenge U.S. plans to build hundreds of miles (kilometers) of fences on its southern border.

Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez told a news conference Wednesday that the proposal to put up what he called a wall was an "offense."

Asked if he would take the issue up with the United Nations, a step some Mexican lawmakers have called for, Derbez replied: "Without a doubt, we are examining with the foreign relations legal team what options are open at an international level and we will take them."

On Wednesday, Bush signed a homeland security funding bill that includes US$1.2 billion (€0.95 billion) for fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border to stop illegal immigrants and criminals sneaking over.

Outgoing President Vicente Fox has called the fence plan "shameful" and compared it to the Berlin Wall. Fox has spent his six-year term lobbying for a new guest worker program and an amnesty for Mexicans working illegally in the United States.

On Tuesday, all eight parties in Mexico's Congress joined forces to exhort Fox to use all the diplomatic means at his disposal to try to stop the construction of the fences.

Fox's spokesman Ruben Aguilar said Wednesday the U.S. Congress is unlikely to approve enough funding to finish the project, despite the US$1.2 billion (€0.95 billion) approved.

While some say the whole project could be finished at a total cost of US$2.2 billion (€1.73 billion), others say it could be much higher; a 14-mile (23-kilometer) segment of fence under construction in San Diego is costing about US$9 million (€7.1 million) per mile.

President-elect Felipe Calderon, who takes office on Dec. 1, has also attacked the fence plans.

"One could stop more migrants with a kilometer of new roads and development (in Mexico) than with a wall," he said Monday.

There are an estimated 11 million Mexican living in the United States, about half illegally.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/ ... _Fence.php
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

You got to be kidding me!!! Is there no end to their arrogance!! They have no say in protecting our borders!

Time to face your countries problems Mexico! Start with a welfare program! Your going to need it!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Instead of saying we shouldn't build a fence, how about doing something about your people slithering over here. How about taking a look at whats wrong with your country that make its inhabitants want to leave.

Send msg to US ambassador to Mexico...here:
    ccs@usembassy.net.mx

I just had to give him a piece of my mind and tell him to forward to both Fox and Aguilar!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Thanks Moosetracks!

Just gave him a big piece of my mind as well.

The nerve!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The arrogance and denial is unbelievable! Mexico needs to be told once and for all in no uncertain terms that they are to stay out of the business of the US (of course I don't actually think this will happen). They have no ground to stand on, particularly because they have not lifted a finger to constructively deal with the problem, and in fact have actively pushed their people across the border.

And they have the nerve to suggest that we should take the fence $ and build roads and contribute to development in Mexico?

Also can you ask them to pay back the millions perhaps billions the American people have had to dish out, due to your people illegally flooding our serves and committing crime..Maybe the American people should get lawyers to sue the Mexican government like a class action suit, FROM THE AMERICAN Citizens that don't want the Un Holy Union.

Now, they run to the UN to cry boo hoo..what little tapeworms they are!
    There would plenty of money for the fence then..Heck I am liken that Great Wall concept more and more! Then we could build a moat..with freakin saltwater crocs.
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

"Call me crazy but I think that this is part of the bush/foxy plan.
    Something like this:

bush--Foxy, make a loud stink so the stupid Americans take all their time looking in another direction. They'll never notice what's NOT in the bill.

Foxy--jorge, my people will think that I'm a powerful man when they see me fighting the American Congress. My legacy will be set. The stupid mexicans couldn't think themselves out of a paper bag anyway. But, jorge, you're going to have problems with those Americans.

bush--the louder you yell, the more time we have to push the SPP through. It will give us time to get the NAFTA superhighway off the ground. Go ahead and go to the UN. That will take up most of the stupid American's time. Remember, Foxy, we're working on AMNESTY as we speak so make sure you drag this out as long as you can.

Foxy--OK Jorge, we'll pull out all the stops on my end.

Of course there's no money, the illegals you keep sending 'norte' keep sucking it dry!

Shut up, mind your own business, and fix your own damn country Fox.
    We've had enough of your lobbying and your scum.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

A great deal of US Companies has already moved production there and yet they still came. Mexico needs to take care of their citizens and keep their noses out of our politics. They can take the UN south of the border as well as they have no place in the US.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast