Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    2ndamendsis, I think you're right, unfortunately. There's far more going on behind the scenes than is ever presented to the public.

Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Here's the scenario.... Bush gladly signs the fence bill and appropriates the funding (totally out of character for him, but he did sign it). That puts all his republicans back in their seats this election.

Then.......the UN steps in and says "No, you can't" (after the election, of course). And our dear Commander and Thief must then stop the construction of the fence.

We'll see how this plays out.... but I smell a rat.

Mexico is one of the reason's the whole world has lost respect for the U.S. This is a threat Mexico is making, Bush better do what they say or they will take him to the UN., how childish, I will tell on you! Besides, they know that any money that goes to a country to help with infrastructure at least 25% ends up in politicians pockets. No wonder they want us to fund highways and development. Why would they want to do anything for their country as long as they can get a free ride on the american taxpayers back. Why work when it is all handed to you on a silver platter.

JAK
    "There is no money to build it, so it won't be built," Aguilar told reporters.
    Is this why Bush signed the bill!

CUT ILLEGALS COMPLETELY OFF ALL BENEFITS TOMORROW! We will have plenty of money to build the fence and then some!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are an estimated 11 million Mexican living in the United States, about half illegally.
    Isn't it interesting how this number changes depending on the arguement? When they are bullying, marching and screaming Si' Se Puede, they say their numbers are 20 million, with 11-12 mil being illegal. Now, when they are trying to run our country, there are only 11 million Mexicans total, and 5.5 million illegals.

What a joke. We need to work harder than ever to get this thing built.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Please, the U.N. [especially under Annan (sp?)] isn't going to do anything, they are a joke.

But, people are right. This is a diversion to get us to look one way while they sneak something else in.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Mexico and the UN

The UN only works if a country lets it. It is time that we get out of the UN and let it fall on its but. We pay 22% and have just agreed to pay 27%. All aid to Mexico and their illegals inAmerica need to go. All contracts with Mexico need to be desolved immediately. The federal government needs to depot all illegals and America needs to be an independent country once again.

Banned
    Well bear in mind that we have MANY international "agreements" (as opposed to treaties). These agreements, unlike treaties, are commercial, not political, documents. Signatories are bound by the lex mercatorum. I'd be interested to see whether Mexico's claim is that the border fence is a violation of one or another of the agreements our government has signed over the last couple of administrations. Under international law (which is commercial law), commercial agreements supersede the sovereignty and internal laws of signatory nations. In other words, if the President signs an agreement (like NAFTA) that conflicts with our Constitution, that's an internal problem and immaterial to the commercial court. As far as international law is concerned, the President is presumed to have the power to make agreements on behalf of the country and the country is therefore bound by any agreement he has signed. This is true whether Congress "ratifies" the thing or not (there is actually no such thing as "ratifying" an agreement, because we are talking about an extraconstitutional instrument, making the gesture symbolic, not binding). That's why this country needs to heed the words of the Founding Fathers and sever as many of its foreign entanglments as possible. Getting out of the UN and getting the UN out of the US would be good first step.

I am with 2ndamendsis in that I also think this is more of a diversionary tactic than actual indignance. Even if (and thats a big IF) the 700 mile fence gets built, that still leaves what, 1300 - 1400 miles of vulnerable border space for them to breach. Nah, I think this particular display of Mexican "outrage" has more to do with keeping up the billions of U.S. dollars flowing into Mexico.

Let's face it, as much as some of us want a fence built, it will do very little to stop that illegally earned money from heading south. The ONLY way that that will happen is if we STRICTLY ENFORCE the law against hiring illegals! THAT above all else, is what Mexico truly fears.

This latest bit of Mexican melodrama reminds me of a line in the story Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby:

"I don't care what you do with me, Brer Fox, says he, "Just so you don't fling me in that briar patch."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast