Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    This is all I could find right now but there is supposed to be another article out today that says Calderon is imposing sanctions because we have not given up our sovereignty. I can't be sure yet. Still looking.

Thank you for posting bordersoldier.

But, I'm afraid I'm confused. The article itself is an older one and I've seen nor heard anything about Calderon imposing sanctions because we won't give up our sovereignty.

It doesn't seem to make much sense that he would demand surrender to his country.....which would be considered a threat of war.....with such a minor ultimatum as trade sanctions as the big "or else"

If we dont take his people we dont get his apples

Big deal He can
    Keep his rotton apples...

LOL......I'm with you on that one!!! I'm sure we're more than capable of growing our own apples. After all, we had 'em long before we had all of the IAs.

I'm sure we'll manage............
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    It would make absolutely no sense for Mexico to impose trade sanctions against us. You don't butcher your milk cow while it's still producing milk, and you certainly don't cut off the hand that's feeding you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is what happens when your country allows imports of products of other countries that your country really doesn't need. Why should we import steel from Japan if we have plenty of it here? The answer of 'it cost less' isn't an answer. The idea should be that we raise the standard of living of other countries to our standard, not lower ours to theirs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    ALL this and these idiots STILL want to sign the LOST treaty????!!! Are they insane???
    I figure if the nation was a person it would be certifiable.

Sorry about changing the subject but to make my point.

Talking about attacking Iran for getting a weapon is like me talking about driving from California to someone’s home in Connecticut to attack someone because I've heard they where thinking of getting a shotgun for hunting quail.

And on top of it convincing everyone they don't need a shotgun.

If this country were a person it would need to be put under observation so as not to hurt themselves or others.

This is all I could find right now but there is supposed to be another article out today that says Calderon is imposing sanctions because we have not given up our sovereignty. I can't be sure yet. Still looking.

Lou Dobbs discussed this tonight. You may want to refer to a transcript of the show.

From ( a poor) memory, Lou said Calderon or the Mex. Congress threathened this, but it didn't make sense. Mexico exports to us, more than they import. I suspect the threat was due to our bad manners toward illegal immigrants ;(

Dobbs: Mexican president's blatant hypocrisy
    By Lou Dobbs
    CNN
    Lou Dobbs' commentary appears weekly on CNN.com.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Mexican President Felipe Calderon Sunday demanded the United States surrender its sovereignty, abandon the rule of law and accede to Mexico's inherent supremacy.

In his state of the union address to the Mexican nation, Calderon established his imperialistic imperatives: "I have said that Mexico does not stop at its border, that wherever there is a Mexican, there is Mexico. And, for this reason, the government action on behalf of our countrymen is guided by principles, for the defense and protection of their rights."

Calderon protested the U.S. government's increased raids on illegal employers of illegal alien employees and work site enforcement. In what is little more than a faint nod to the Bush administration's responsibility to enforce U.S. immigration law, the Department of Homeland Security had planned to send out notices to employers from the Social Security Administration informing them of non-matching records between an employee's name and Social Security number. These employers would then be forced to resolve any discrepancy within 90 days or be required to dismiss the employee or face up to $10,000 in fines for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.

But then, ethnocentric advocacy groups and some labor unions, trying to bolster their membership, sued to stop the crackdown on hiring illegal alien workers. A federal judge in California last week issued a temporary restraining order blocking the plan, giving a victory to the AFL-CIO, the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Immigration Law Center, all of which brought the suit alleging DHS exceeded its authority in making the rule.

That U.S. District Court judge ruled as if she were an employee of the Mexican government, rather than the U.S. government. Homeland Security was simply enforcing existing immigration laws. Are we not a nation that follows the rule of law? If not, we're no country at all.

Calderon must have been delighted by the judge's decision. Calderon, like his predecessors, Carlos Salinas and Vicente Fox, has failed miserably to establish policies that would create jobs for the Mexican people and to eliminate shameful, unchecked corruption and incompetence in the Mexican government.

Even by Mexico's standards, Calderon's blatant hypocrisy is breathtaking. Calderon told the Washington Post more than a year ago that he believes laws are not a relative concept, nor subject to a personal concept of justice. Calderon declared a big difference between himself and his rival for the Mexican presidency, Manuel Lopez Obrador, was this: "I believe in the rule of law." Obviously he does not believe in the rule of U.S. law on U.S. soil.

Calderon can't have it both ways. He cannot fail his citizens at home and then act as the Great Imperialist Protector of his citizens who are driven by poverty and corruption to enter the United States illegally. The United States provides Mexico with an annual surplus of $65 billion in trade, an estimated $25 billion in remittances from Mexican citizens living and working here illegally, and at least another $25 billion generated by the illegal drug trade across our southern border.

But it is President Bush and this Congress who should be most embarrassed, because they are failing to assert rights for Americans in their own country, rights far short of those demanded by Calderon for his citizens living illegally in our nation.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the writer

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/04/Dobbs.Sept5/

Call me confused about this whole free trade, global trade, etc.

Why is it America is exporting it's jobs, businesses, etc., because they can't afford to operate in America - yet businesses from other countries are locating or relocating in America?

Why can a company from Spain build roads in America - but somehow American companies can't make a profit doing it?

Why can foreign companies operate our toll roads - but Americans can't?

I think all these trades deals have so many little clauses, no one really knows what they say or what part of America and our freedom they have signed away.

Not sure it is isolationism to think if we can produce something in America - for Americans - that we should. The idea seems to be if China wants to make Tiny Tots - we should somehow move the factory there - even though we could make it here in America?

How, with the price of transporting all this stuff around the world, is it such a bargain? Yes, labor is cheaper, but when you add the price of shipping, etc., I am not sure.

Also, the price of things might, might, be cheaper - but the quality is so bad. It is one of the main reasons Americans are having such a hard time. The cheaply made, shoddy merchandise we are being sold these days is wasting our money.

I don't think the profit is in labor, I think it is in a lack of quality. We would never have accepted such poor quality from American made products. Because, however, we no longer have American made products, we must accept whatever the world wants to send.

Could it be all this intertwining of commerce is not really done for economic reasons, but just to perhaps diminish the capabilities of America and make us more vulnerable - to bring us down? Could it be it is being used to simply sell off America or allow so much of America to be owned by foreign companies - we are no longer America?

The article I posted had a current date. You guys have been doing this longer than me so I believe you when you say it is old.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    This is all I could find right now but there is supposed to be another article out today that says Calderon is imposing sanctions because we have not given up our sovereignty. I can't be sure yet. Still looking. The article I posted first was dated Nov 2007. I did not change the date, but you guys have been doing this longer, if you say it is old, I believe you. Sometimes when I think about illegal immigration and everything Bush has done and doing, It feels like I entered the twilite zone.

Thank you for posting bordersoldier.

But, I'm afraid I'm confused. The article itself is an older one and I've seen nor heard anything about Calderon imposing sanctions because we won't give up our sovereignty.

It doesn't seem to make much sense that he would demand surrender to his country.....which would be considered a threat of war.....with such a minor ultimatum as trade sanctions as the big "or else"

If we dont take his people we dont get his apples

Big deal He can
    Keep his rotton apples...

LOL......I'm with you on that one!!! I'm sure we're more than capable of growing our own apples. After all, we had 'em long before we had all of the IAs.

I'm sure we'll manage............

Truth is the United States is so BIG we are,for the most part,self sufficeint and do not need to trade with anyone to survive !!

In fact it has hurt citizens terribly to trade with countries who use slave labor and have little human rights laws so now Big Business wants to import slave labor and put citizens out of work !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast