Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico Retaliates

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/20/D8EK6GGO9.html

Mexico Retaliates for Border Wall Plan
    Email this story

ADVERTISEMENT

By MARK STEVENSON
    Associated Press Writer
    Dec 20 3:23 PM US/Eastern

MEXICO CITY - The Mexican government, angered by a U.S. proposal to extend a wall along the border to keep out migrants, has struck back with radio ads urging Mexican workers to denounce rights violations in the United States. Facing a growing tide of anti-immigrant sentiment north of the border, the Mexican government is also hiring an American public relations firm to improve its image.

Mexican President Vicente Fox denounced the U.S. measures, passed by the House of Representatives on Friday, as "shameful" and his foreign secretary, Luis Ernesto Derbez, said Monday the wall was "stupid."
    ADVERTISEMENT

It's hard to underestimate the ill-feeling the proposal has generated in Mexico, where editorial pages are dominated by cartoons of Uncle Sam putting up walls bearing anti-Mexican messages.

Many Mexicans, especially those who have spent time working in the U.S., feel the proposal is a slap in the face to those who work hard and contribute to the U.S. economy.

Fernando Robledo, 42, of the western state of Zacatecas, says the proposals could stem migration and disrupt families by breaking cross- border ties.

"When people heard this, it worried everybody, because this will affect everybody in some way, and their families," Robledo said. "They were incredulous. How could they do this, propose something like this?"

Robledo, whose son and mother are U.S. citizens, predicted the measure "would unleash conflict within the United States" as small businesses fail for lack of workers.

He said many Mexicans felt betrayed by the anti-immigrant sentiment.

"We learned to believe in the United States. We have a binational life," he said of Zacatecas, a state that has been sending migrants north for more than a century. "It isn't just a feeling of rejection. It's against what we see as part of our life, our culture, our territory."

The government is scrambling to fight on two fronts. On Monday, it announced it had hired Allyn & Company, a Dallas-based public relations company to help improve Mexico's image and stem the immigration backlash.

"If people in the U.S. and Canada had an accurate view of the success of democracy, political stability and economic prosperity in Mexico, it would improve their views on specific bilateral issues like immigration and border security," Rob Allyn, president of the PR firm, told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Jose Luis Soberanes, head of the government's National Human Rights Commission, suggested Mexico go further.

"I would expect more energetic reactions from our authorities," Soberanes told local media. "It's preferable to have a more demanding government, more confrontation with the United States."

Mexico has also said it is recruiting U.S. church, community and business groups to oppose the proposal.

And the government has stepped up its defense of migrants, airing a series of radio spots here aimed at migrants returning home for the holidays.

"Had a labor accident in the United State? You have rights ... Call," reads the ad, sponsored by Mexico's Foreign Relations Department, which has helped migrants bring compensation suits in the United States.

The sense of dread connected with the measures is hardly restricted to Mexico. Immigrant advocacy and aid groups in the United States are worried about provisions of the House bill that upgrade unlawful presence in the United States from a civil offense to a felony.

"This is a sad foreshadowing," said immigrants rights activist Kathryn Rodriguez of the Derechos Humanos coalition in Tucson, Ariz. She fears the bill could expose those who help sick or dying migrants to criminal prosecution.

The House bill, passed on a 239-182 vote, would also enlist military and local law enforcement to help stop illegal entrants and require employers to verify the legal status of their workers.

Mexicans are outraged by the proposed measures, especially the extension of the border wall, which many liken to the Berlin Wall. Some are urging their government to fight it fiercely.

"Our president should oppose that wall and make them stop it, at all costs," said Martin Vazquez, 26, at the Mexico City airport as he returned from his job as a hotel worker in Las Vegas. "More than just insulting, it's terrible."

____

Associated Press reporter Victor Bermudez contributed to this report from Mexico City.

_____

On the Net:

http://presidencia.gob.mx/en/

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Mr. Vasquez, how many times do we have to tell you, YOUR president is NOBODY, NOTHING as far as issuing directives and effecting the decisions of the United States of America.

Not ONE American citizen voted Vicente Fox into ANY position whatsoever.
    What he has to say is MOOT. Do you know that word ? Learn it !! Learn the meaning. Memorize it. Do whatever you have to in order to understand that this country will ELECT who they want to exercise the power of decision making, and THAT person will make such decisions based upon the WILL OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

We do not run our country the way Mexico runs their country. If
    you had half a brain you'd be in Mexico making Vicente clean out his wife's closet.

Keep talking. Nobody's listening. Look up "moot".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Will these Mexicans who are trying to RUN America ever give us any peace ?

That's it. I've had it.

George Bush, I beg of you, not only send the troops to the border...send them OVER the border. Do to Vicente what you did to Saddam. Bring down his statue. PLEASE. I'm BEGGING.

If you will do that I'll NEVER call you Jorge again, Mr. President.
    I PROMISE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

accurate view of the success of democracy, political stability and economic prosperity in Mexico, it would improve their views on specific bilateral issues like immigration and border security
    Democracy, political stability & economic prosperity in Mexico? Then why's everybody sneaking out & sending billions back there each year?

Fox will really be POed when he gets the bill for half the fence.

Re: Mexico Retaliates

Facing a growing tide of anti-immigrant sentiment north of the border, the Mexican government is also hiring an American public relations firm to improve its image.

Vicente, all a public relations firm can do is help express in nice terms what you are and what you have to offer someone.

Madison Avenue can do alot with very little to work with, but in your case and that of your illegal aliens here in the US....believe me no matter how much money you pay Madison Avenue.....they still can't make Dog Food out of Chicken Shit.....the Dogs just won't eat it.

Woof!! Woof!! Woof!!

Vicente, Shut the F*$& UP and GET LOST.....like in a rain forest somewhere in Colombia where big snakes drop down from trees and squeeze you til you can't breathe or talk anymore.

"Aint nature great?"

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OH MAN, THAT WAS GOOD !!

I CANNOT ADEQUATELY CONGRATULATE YOU.

DID YOU HEAR THAT, VICENTE ? YES, YOU DID.
    AND WE KNOW YOU DID.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Here's a link to the PR firm Mexico hired and some self advertisement from their web site.

http://www.allynco.com/

A global star in political media, Allyn & Company has served more than 300 winning campaigns for heads of state, candidates, political parties and causes in the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean and Asia. President Vicente Fox of Mexico. Three Mexican Governors. Prime Minister Perry Christie of the Bahamas. Award-winning creative for Governor George W. Bush. Independent advocacy TV ads in support of President Bush in 2000. Victories for the Republican Party, U.S. Senate, Congress, mayors and statewide offices.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yep.....there's our GOP and BushCo. Globalists at work.

But, what worked then when we were Sheeple, won't work now on Wide Awake On Alert Really Mad Lean Mean Americans.

Fox is a Bush Puppy and there's just no changin' that. His people are moochers and there's just no changin' that. Americans no longer care about their "economics" their "better lives" or any of the other "money problems" they may have. Not our problem. Not our concern. Not our worry. Therefore, no matter how much he pays Madison Avenue, old Foxey Flop will not get any sympathy from Americans.

That gig is up and the Game of Dares has begun.

And, so has the fun. I think Ill start a Broken TV Fund, since I doubt there will one left standing after his first set of ADS. Crash...there went the Coke, Pepsi, and Bud Bottles straight through the screen...250,000,000 TVs out of work..WOW...WELL.....whatever it takes.

That could put the networks out of "bidness"...broken TeeVees are not good for SPONSORS!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Brian...thanks for that INFO.

Hey, do you think these are the same people that:

1) coif their hair

2) apply make-up

3) choose their ties

4) wipe their brows

5) apply pink tone gloss to their lips

6) install those BIG shoulder pads in their suits

7) call ahead to the other guys so they can COLOR-COORDINATE

8) put that little device in their ear so they know what to say?

Oooh, this game of dares is going to be fun I tell you, FUN FUN FUN!!

Wake Up America....the Games are Starting, IT'S TIME TO PLAY and believe me, you will not want to miss these!!

Remember...WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU WERE BORN TO DO.

Here's a letter I wrote to them. I'll let you know if they write back:

To whom it may concern:

I understand you are taking on a task of trying to put a good spin on the way illegal aliens are viewed by the general public. Why bother? What do you have to gain from changing my attitude towards them? I don't use them for close to slave labor wages so what do I have to gain from them being allowed to stay in this country? I have everything to gain by the construction of a wall between the United States and Mexico.

I am very much for that wall so please convince me otherwise. Perhaps the good people, who run your company depends on illegal slave labor to cut their lawns, watch their children, clean the toilets and empty the trash in their office building? Is that what you have to gain if you keep them here? Cheap labor? It's the only answer I can come up with because as we know, most corporations don't pull something like this unless there is money involved and because of the greed that has taken hold of American companies on such a grand scale as of late, there is no other explanation.

I could give you many more reasons why it would benefit you more than it would benefit me to keep these law breakers here and why I think that your efforts will be futile but I am interested in the answers you give me for the time being to the questions at hand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast