Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico says burning Mexican flag is unacceptable

I'm not a fan of the flag burning phenomenon, but really, what are they going to do? Invade us?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...agburning.html

Mexico says U.S. group burning Mexican flag is unacceptable

ASSOCIATED PRESS

3:25 p.m. April 10, 2006

MEXICO CITY – A Mexican official on Monday struck out at a U.S. anti-immigrant group for burning the Mexican flag outside a consulate in Tucson.
    “We consider any provocation or vandalism of national symbols to be unacceptable,” Foreign Relations Undersecretary Lourdes Aranda said in a news conference.

About 12 people from the Tucson-based Border Guardians burned the flag Sunday on the sidewalk in front of the Mexican Consulate. They carried a sign that read, “Defending American Sovereignty.”

Group members spoke out against proposed immigration laws and blamed the Mexican government for the number of undocumented migrants who enter the United States through Arizona, the busiest illegal entry point along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The protest came as hundreds of thousands people have marched in U.S. cities to support immigration reforms. Demonstrators have carried Mexican as well as American flags.

Border Guardians director Laine Lawless said the group plans to burn more flags.

“Anytime they take to the streets, we'll burn a Mexican flag,” Lawless said.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Re: Mexico says burning Mexican flag is unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother
    I'm not a fan of the flag burning phenomenon, but really, what are they going to do? Invade us?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...agburning.html

Mexico says U.S. group burning Mexican flag is unacceptable

ASSOCIATED PRESS

3:25 p.m. April 10, 2006

MEXICO CITY – A Mexican official on Monday struck out at a U.S. anti-immigrant group for burning the Mexican flag outside a consulate in Tucson.
    “We consider any provocation or vandalism of national symbols to be unacceptable,” Foreign Relations Undersecretary Lourdes Aranda said in a news conference.

About 12 people from the Tucson-based Border Guardians burned the flag Sunday on the sidewalk in front of the Mexican Consulate. They carried a sign that read, “Defending American Sovereignty.”

Group members spoke out against proposed immigration laws and blamed the Mexican government for the number of undocumented migrants who enter the United States through Arizona, the busiest illegal entry point along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The protest came as hundreds of thousands people have marched in U.S. cities to support immigration reforms. Demonstrators have carried Mexican as well as American flags.

Border Guardians director Laine Lawless said the group plans to burn more flags.

Why don`t they just leave their flags at home,and none of them will be burned.

And we consider mobs of illegal aliens in our streets demanding rights from the Government that is sitting in Washington TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. We consider the rewarding of law-breakers TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. We consider Mexico's meddling in our political affairs and AFFRONT and an INSULT of the highest nature. We consider the Congressmen who put Mexico's wants and needs first UNFIT TO FLY AN AMERICAN FLAG IN THEIR OFFICES.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Re: Mexico says burning Mexican flag is unacceptable

Why don`t they just leave their flags at home,and none of them will be burned

can you really tell me that you enjoy watching this?? i dont think they should be waving their flags at their marches but how does burning it solve anything or even help your cause? there are a lot more american flags at these rallies than mexicans. burning any flag is just wrong, i wouldnt want to see any americans flags being burned in ANY country in the news. do you remember how it felt after 9/11 when they would descretate your flag?? its not okay to do, and it doesnt help the point you're trying to make. just because you want illegals out of this country doesnt mean you should applaud at these incident. when does it stop? why doesnt this border guardians start burning flags of every country that has illegals here? or are they doing this in the hopes that someone comes and burns the american flag in retaliation... NOBODY wants to see that happen

there are a lot more american flags at these rallies than mexicans.
    Yeah only after the reconquistas told them to stop bringing the buzzard rag. They don't belong here period. Go back to Mexico and wave the buzzard rag all you want there.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    Yeah only after the reconquistas told them to stop bringing the buzzard rag. They don't belong here period. Go back to Mexico and wave the buzzard rag all you want there.
    Also, the sponsors/organizers of these events are passing out American flags before the marches.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    Also, the sponsors/organizers of these events are passing out American flags before the marches.
    yes some of them are, but you're failing to see is that some of these people dont realize that they're insulting the americans...i for one keep telling people not to even breing their flag into the rallies, it makes sense that if they love this country then should embrace it. they wouldnt want people from other countries in their countries waving their flags all over the place. yes... there are still many foreigner flags at these marches and it looks bad...but not everyone feels the same about america as some people think. as far as the "reconquista" is concerned... its not even worth fighting about, if every country tried to reclaim what once was theirs we would be at constant wars with each other..its a dumb argument and its not very popular

as far as the "reconquista" is concerned... its not even worth fighting about, if every country tried to reclaim what once was theirs we would be at constant wars with each other..its a dumb argument and its not very popular
    It's the truth. The reason you don't want to bring it up is because you have nothing to refute it.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know, before I would not have considered burning a Mexican flag, but now that I see it upsets the Mexican government, I will have to go burn one in front of their Consulate. I would love to make the feel the same way I do about their invasion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

as far as the "reconquista" is concerned... its not even worth fighting about, if every country tried to reclaim what once was theirs we would be at constant wars with each other..its a dumb argument and its not very popular
    It's the truth. The reason you don't want to bring it up is because you have nothing to refute it.
    you're not understanding me... i dont agree with the reconquista... i think its a dumb argument from their part

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast