Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am hanging in the wrong neighborhoods when I visit my in laws. What part of Miami is the worst. Downtown Miami? Miami Dade? I am going through the area you tell me about.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

I was born and raised in Miami, Paige. It has gone from paradise to what it is now..however you want to describe it. I've been known (among others) to compare it to a third world nation.
    It is ironic that those same words have been used to describe Los Angeles. They are hemming us in from the coasts.

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I am hanging in the wrong neighborhoods when I visit my in laws. What part of Miami is the worst. Downtown Miami? Miami Dade? I am going through the area you tell me about.
    Avoid anything with an address of Northwest "X" Street (Liberty City). Be careful around Cutler Ridge and Perrine, downtown (Overtown), Coconut Grove, parts of Hialeah. There are many other pockets of Miami to be avoided but the list is too long to post here.

Oh my gosh. Coconut Grove? When did they take over Coconut Grove?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Oh my gosh. Coconut Grove? When did they take over Coconut Grove?
    "They" didn't necessarily take over Coconut Grove. Coconut Grove is a very upscale area that is unfortunately surrounded by some slums. At night, those who live in the slums (there are legals and illegals in the slums) prey on tourists and others that are out in Coconut Grove having a good time. Being robbed at gunpoint by someone on a bike is one of the M.O.'s of the predators. I actually know a few people who have been robbed there at night in what you would think are safe areas.

There is a fast food restaurant right at the entrance to CG and undesirables hang out there late at night. I have literally seen cars surrounded by the hooligans and near riots in the area at night especially. You just need to be extra vigilant around there.

That is the problem with Dade County in general. All of the nice areas have garbage areas that are too close for comfort. Just look at some of the murders in Coral Gables which is about as upscale as it gets. In fairness not all that are committing the horrendous crimes are illegals or Hispanics. But law enforcement has its hands full down there which is why anything short of an all-out murder is ignored, which is one of the reasons why the place has turned into a third-world country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12