Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Military to allow undocumented immigrants to serve

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

RS

FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR

Americans forced out of US military; illegal aliens allowed to enlist

By: streiff (Diary) | September 26th, 2014 at 01:30 PM | 22

This is an interesting juxtaposition of events. On the one hand, the armed forces are undergoing a reduction in force, thousands of junior enlisted men and women are being denied the opportunity to re-enlist while a few thousand junior and mid-grade officers and non-commissioned officers are being involuntarily separated or retired. Many of those are currently serving in combat:
    Of the more than 1,100 Army captains notified last month their military careers would soon end, 87 were deployed worldwide and 48 were serving in Afghanistan at the time, Army officials said Wednesday.
    The Army has been talking for months about the need to separate the captains as well as more than 500 majors this summer as part of the broad Army drawdown, but it’s the first time details have emerged about the sobering business of delivering pink slips to troops in harm’s way.
    …
    According to Army officials who spoke Wednesday on the condition of anonymity, deployed troops who receive separation notices return to the United States as quickly as possible. For staff officers, that can happen within days, while others who wield more authority, like company commanders, may need up to 30 days to wrap up their assignments and return.
    The 500 to 550 majors will receive word of their impending separations in late July or early August, officials said. Further early retirement and officer selection boards could be announced for late this year and early next year, an Army official said. Those notified have nine months to transition out of the active duty Army, and many are expected to continue in the Army Reserve.
    Somewhere between 800 and 900 NCOs are likely to be selected for separation in 2015 as brigade combat teams are inactivated, another official said. About 500 were selected early this year.
    In the big scheme of things, that’s life in the big city. During a draw down, tough decisions have to be made and some good people get forced out; though one would think that the Army could use a bit more commonsense than RIFing officers who were serving in combat.
    On the other hand, we have this:

A small number of young immigrants who grew up in the United States without legal status will be allowed to join the military and have a fast-track pathway to citizenship, Pentagon officials announced Thursday, the first time those young people have been able to enlist.
    Undocumented young people who have been granted deportation deferrals by the Obama administration will be eligible to apply for the military under a recruitment program for immigrants with special language and medical skills, according to a memo issued Thursday by Jessica L. Wright, under secretary of defense for personnel and readiness.
    But administration officials emphasized that the number who would succeed in enlisting would be very small, probably not more than a few dozen. The requirements are stringent and the program is currently limited to 1,500 recruits each year, and already has a huge backlog of applicants.
    So on the one hand we are forcing out people who are already trained and, in a large number of cases have combat experience. In return we are bringing in people who are illegal aliens and who owe no formal allegiance to the United States and who require training. There is no possible reason for this that makes sense from either an operational or personnel management standpoint. [UPDATE] In fact, all four services had met their enlistment goals for Fiscal Year 2014 (which ends September 30) by May 31. This is simply a sop Obama is throwing to his base and the race-based constituencies the Democrat party is beholden to and it is done so at the expense of American men and women who have, in many cases, put their lives on the line for this nation.

Tags: Army, Dream, illegal aliens, Immigration

http://www.redstate.com/2014/09/26/a...llowed-enlist/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Defense Department Comes Up With Way to Deal With Illegal Immigration, and It’s Not Deportation

3,177 Shares By Kevin Boyd 10 hours ago
    Getty - David McNew

The Department of Defense is set to allow undocumented immigrants, or illegal aliens, to serve in the U.S. armed forces, if they possess a skill that is in high demand by the military.
    Among the skills that are prized right now are an expertise in certain languages such as Arabic, Chinese, Pashto, and Persian.
    USA Today has more:
    The new rules will expand an existing program allowing recruiters to target foreign nationals with high-demand skills, mostly rare foreign language expertise or specialized health care training.
    For the first time, the program — known as Military Accessions in the National Interest, or MAVNI — will be open to immigrants without a proper visa if they came to the U.S. with their parents before age 16. More specifically, they must be approved under a 2012 Obama administration policy known as Deferred Action for Child Arrivals, or DACA.
    The new Pentagon policy may be the first phase of a broader government-wide effort to ease pressure on immigrants and create new paths to citizenship. President Barack Obama, frustrated with the failure of Congress to pass any substantial immigration reform, has vowed to aggressively use his presidential authority to change the way immigration policies are carried out.
    The requirements to qualify for DACA include entering the U.S. illegally before age 16, graduating high school or obtaining a GED, military service, and living continuously in the U.S. since June 15, 2007.
    The U.S. military recruits around 5,000 noncitizens a year, and the MAVNI program is capped at 1,500 recruits a year. Foreigners recruited for the U.S. military become eligible for expedited U.S. citizenship, and more than 92,000 foreign-born soldiers have become citizens while in uniform.
    The comments on the USA Today article were mixed, with one commenter lamenting the Obama defense cuts and the fact that the military is turning away American citizens yet accepting illegal immigrants.

However, another commenter points out that the military is a path for young men and women to better themselves:

It’s actually not uncommon around the world for militaries to recruit foreigners, despite their immigration status.
    The French Foreign Legion is the most famous example, but the current war in Ukraine has drawn in foreign volunteers on both sides as well.
    During the American Revolution, the 1st Partisan Corps of the Continental Army, which was also known as Armand’s Legion, was recruited from mostly foreign volunteers.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/09/1815...ed-immigrants/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From the blog ..

---------------------------------

William Bush • 9 hours ago

To be absolutely honest, this pisses me off to no extent. I was turned away from serving in the United States Air Force. I took the Officers' Qualifying Test and passed with flying colors, yet still denied. Now someone who may not even be loyal to the United States of America gets to serve where I, a law abiding citizen with a degree in Physics was turned away?! Unbefreakinglievable.

•
    •
    Share ›

Mark William Bush • 9 hours ago

I served 15 years and was pushed out into early retirement. At least the early retirement was offered instead of being given the boot 15 years into a 20 year career. Regardless, I'm now unemployed and struggling to make ends meet while criminals who aren't even citizens are being allowed to join. I'm right there with you, this is some BULL.
    •
    •
    Share ›
    Rob Tipton William Bush • 8 hours ago

I agree, William. Just so you know, the officer candidate pool is very shallow. Depending upon when you tried to get in, they may have been over the fiscal quota by then. And, it greatly depends upon career field.
    I sympathize with you, though--and this new legislation pisses me off to no end.
    •
    •
    Share ›
    metalmagican William Bush • 6 hours ago

I get what you're saying, William. I commend your desire to serve in the military. But the point is that they didn't need another pilot. They needed an interpreter. Can you speak Arabic?
    I'm worried about the loyalty of these "immigrants" too. I have a bad feeling this is going to blow up in our faces at some point in the (probably) not-too-distant future. We've already had that Army officer shoot up the military base (in 2013, was it?)
    •
    •
    Share ›
    docola metalmagican • 2 hours ago

Remember the pilots who trained in FL and PA and then flew the planes into the World Trade Center! That is what I am afraid of, how do they really know who is not affiliated with the bad guys? But I think we need to have more language schools and teach the Americans the languages more than ever before. That solution would be much safer for all of us. We also need to start teaching second languages way earlier than high school! In Germany we learned English starting in fourth grade, everyone did and then later they could add a third language which most do.
    •
    •
    Share ›
    docola William Bush • 2 hours ago

Remember just this summer all the soldiers and sailors and air personnel getting pink slips, surprising almost all of them when they haven't finished their 20 yrs. I understand if they are not getting ahead, but many were officers and also higher enlisted. Now we do this and recruit illegals? The pictures they had up before on another site looked like these guys just came across the border, not some who had been here since childhood. They are lying about that I am sure of it. This is really frustrating and what gives that president the right to do everything without the approval of Congress. He just does what he wants to do without regards to anyone.
    •
    •
    Share ›

Mark • 9 hours ago

I was forced into retiring early at 15 years (even though I was in a career field that has become one of the most important in recent years) and now we're allowing people who have already demonstrated their inability to follow our laws?

Seriously, WTF.

•
    •
    Share ›

danielle Mark • 5 hours ago

Forced into retiring early? Medical or were u in trouble?
    •
    •
    Share ›
    Ferrari fan danielle • 4 hours ago

usually in a forced retirement situation it is because the career field has become "overstaffed". When I was in the Air Force there were several times they forced Senior NCO's to retire and even in the lower ranks gave them the choice to cross-train into a new career field or simply did not allow them to re-enlist. Doesn't always mean the person had medical issues or was a problem child.
    •
    •
    Share ›

Thomas • 9 hours ago

Among the skills that are prized right now are an expertise in certain languages ........yea right ...... they no speak englisha even after being here for decades .... BUT I am sure all the ISIS members that snuck across our southern border speak arabic just fine .,....

•
    •
    Share ›

Al Mahany Thomas • 9 hours ago

Remember the Islamic Major who turned on his fellow soldiers and opened fire on them right in the Army base? It seems Obama did not remember.
    •
    •
    Share ›
    Harry Al Mahany • 9 hours ago

He remembers and hopes it happens more frequently.
    •
    •
    Share ›
    Chris Thomas • 4 hours ago

YEP!! That is what is gonna happen!
    •
    •
    Share ›

Carl Borcherding • 9 hours ago

Let me get this straight, ...the government is DOWNSIZING the military, releasing THOUSANDS of QUALIFIED NCO's and Petty Officers, yet they still have critically understaffed MOS's and NEC's? Does anyone else have a problem with this? I'm certainly glad I served when I did (Navy, 1981-1997) because THIS crap would piss me off to no end if I were active duty today. This is what happens when you take the world's greatest military and turn it into a friggin social experiment.

•
    •
    Share ›

Rob Tipton Carl Borcherding • 8 hours ago

Yep--BIG problem, man!
    Read what the AF did and implemented about 3 months ago....
    This is bullshit!!!
    •
    •
    Share ›
    docola Carl Borcherding • 2 hours ago

Exactly! That is what I have been saying ever since the news came out. This is horrible what the president is now doing. another order against Americans and this country, he is putting us all in danger!
    •
    •
    Share ›

Al Mahany • 9 hours ago

The requirements to qualify for DACA include entering the U.S. illegally before age 16

This is a quote right out of the article. So if someone comes here legally, he does not qualify for the program? In other words, better to sneak in than get a visa?

•
    •
    Share ›

Samuel Robinson Al Mahany • 7 hours ago

DACA is specifiacally for illegals, so legal immigrants have no need of DACA. Not that I believe DACA is legal, as it just encourages crime and hurts legal immigrants and citizens.
    •
    •
    Share ›

Mike Brittain • 9 hours ago

What are we going to do have someone watch their backs while watching his buddies back too to make sure they both don't get shot?? We have honorable kids wanting to join and being turned away and the oath I took to go in the air force no longer applies so WTF?

•
    •
    Share ›

Harry Mike Brittain • 9 hours ago

Why do foolish people in USA vote into office persons who are not born in USA and they even tell you they want to transform our nation.
    What do you all expect? And "You Vote Twice" For More Lies.
    You get what you vote for: Abuse, Higher Taxes, Poor Health Care, Evil, Greed, Lies, Corruption, Death.
    •
    •
    Share ›

Samuel Robinson • 9 hours ago

This is just opening up another avenue for terrorists. And this time, there is no denying that our government is directly responsible for any attacks that will most assuredly happen.

I'd say, when more attacks happen, that is when all true patriots should not hesitate to head to Washington, and rid the government of every one of the scumbags responsible.

P.S. Secret Service, this is not a threat, this is an expression of the 1st & 2nd amendments!

•
    •
    Share ›

Allen Lindsey • 9 hours ago

Hmmm... "Illegal" says it all. Lawbreakers or children of lawbreakers that know they are now breaking the law. Clearance level .... won't pass the ENTNAC of SECRET so how are we going to employ them in the military?

•
    •
    Share ›

SilverState • 8 hours ago

So, how many decimal points must one go out in order to calculate the percentage of people crossing our southern border that speak Chinese or Pashto, or have even rudimentary medical training? Geez, how many of them even know what Pashto is? How many would be able to correctly identify at least three countries on a map of the entire Middle East?
    Something about this whole story doesn't pass the smell test. Not sure if it's sloppy reporting or some kind of mis/dis-information campaign.

•
    •
    Share ›

Ferrari fan SilverState • 4 hours ago

actually, iirc, this is part of the Dream Act nonsense that had been proposed. in order to give illegals a path to citizenship they could serve in the military for a certain number of years. very bad stuff.
    •
    •
    Share ›
    danielle SilverState • 5 hours ago

I agree and if they had these abilities why wouldn't they have a job in their own country why illegally come here
    •
    •
    Share ›

llea • 9 hours ago

how stupid can they be---that's right give them a gun, educate them and the first time they get the chance they will turn on you with that weapon. it's idiotic!!!

•
    •
    Share ›

Leonard • 9 hours ago

The only thing I can see illegals can offer our military is that they can be cannon fodder ! ! ! ! ! !

•
    •
    Share ›

Allen Lindsey Leonard • 9 hours ago

That is why the French Foreign Legion recruited like they did. I am not knocking those men, they were treated like dogs and did serve the Legion honorably. (Yes, I am a veteran of the US military)
    •
    •
    Share ›

Rob Tipton • 7 hours ago

This is just part of Obama's plan to destroy America from within.
    Did anyone else take a good look at the requirements?
    Besides the illegal status, two things jump right out:
    --Must have completed HS/GED
    --Military service

How would any of them have prior military service, unless they served Mexican military?!?!?

•
    •
    Share ›

Tom • 9 hours ago

I've got another idea. Have them build a 10 foot fence as their chance to stay. Getting food and water only.

•
    •
    Share ›

Titos Rando • 9 hours ago

I say if they want to come here and get the freebies I say ok, and your not deported but sent to the army and put them in the front lines to defend your new country for a 6yr tour. If They survive and come back to the states they become citizens and have earned the right to be called American. That should be the new direction we need to take, it strengthen are military and teaches them what it means to be Americans. With all the new illegals arriving this might make them take another look and what it means to be American.

•
    •
    Share ›

robert fee Titos Rando • 9 hours ago

Titos....ever heard of friendly fire...just one person could kill a lot of our soldier's. ...these are brothers in arms....would u trust them
    •
    •
    Share ›
    Kyra Dockery Titos Rando • 7 hours ago

Robert A. Heinlein wrote about joining the military for a set time to "earn" citizenship in a book from 1959 called "Starship Troopers." It was also made into a movie in 1997.
    •
    •
    Share ›

Marc Daniels • 8 hours ago

What happened to the DOD Language Institute in Monterrey, CA? Special Forces are taught Pashto, Arabic, etc.

•
    •
    Share ›

robert fee • 9 hours ago

Why don't we just let them run the friggen cia

•
    •
    Share ›

Cyndi • 9 hours ago

Are you f****** kidding me...!!?

•
    •
    Share ›

Alex hernandez • 27 minutes ago

Don't get alarmed. I served from 1986 to 1992. In that time I had rudely find out that there were a vast majority of Filipino Nationals, Puerto Ricans, Spanish Nationals and citizens if the West Indies serving in our military. It's been going on for years.

•
    •
    Share ›

Guest • an hour ago

The part that bothers me is this comes after the Armed forces announced that due to budget cuts, about 30% or more of our current service men and women will be laid off/discharged. So while it is an interesting idea, it should go nowhere, as there are no openings because we can't afford a standing army if we have nearly half the population of the country on food stamps. So, Obama, doing political masturbation...

•
    •
    Share ›

Thomas Mcleese • 2 hours ago

GOOD PLAN BUT MAKE THEM SERVE AT LEAST 15 YEARS

•
    •
    Share ›

Kat McAvoy • 3 hours ago

Great as of we didn't have enough Pashto, Arabic etc speakers turning on our service men and women overseas. Now we can expect it in the homeland as well. Oh joy. These same genuises issuing orders also want us to lose our rights to arm ourselves.

•
    •
    Share ›

Chris • 4 hours ago

Sure doesn't make sense to put illegals into our military does it? This is one my plot from the HUSSEIN party to piss us off and piss on us too. What about learning ENGLISH! What about COMBAT TRAINING? What about taking in MUSLIMS? I am SURE THIS WILL BE NEXT and then we will not know the ENEMY from our own AMERICAN PATRIOTS! SOMEONE STEP UP MAN this is totally OUT OF CONTROL!

•
    •
    Share ›

Doug Wotton • 4 hours ago

time to get obama gone

•
    •
    Share ›

TNSnackman • 5 hours ago

Sign 'em up and teach them how to build fences.....very TALL fences.

•
    •
    Share ›

Dentgolf • 8 hours ago

I would never trust anyone who speaks in a language I am not familiar with.LOL

•
    •
    Share ›

JeffandBrenda Howard • 9 hours ago

Much ado about nothing.....this will only recruit 20-30 "specific" individuals. I worked JROTC in Phoenix, I had several GREAT young men and women who were brought here as infants. They excelled in school, sports and academics. Held leadership positions in JROTC and all they wanted to do was join the military, but were denied because of status. I knew these kids well. They wanted to serve THEIR country.

•
    •
    Share ›

Trish Duffey JeffandBrenda Howard • 9 hours ago

This is not THEIR country!
    •
    •
    Share ›
    tina Trish Duffey • 4 hours ago

I'm not going to say weather I agree with this or not, but lets get something straight , if you want to get real technical it is not your country either. It was taken by force from the native American nations, so although I do agree we have far to many coming over illegally, if you really want to serve justice any one who is not at least half native American would have to pack up and leave.
    •
    •
    Share ›
    Allen Lindsey JeffandBrenda Howard • 9 hours ago

I hate it, if they found out the hard way they were not legal Americans. Faulta nada excepto sus padre y madre.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Should illegal aliens be allowed to join US military? Because they are.

Once again the consequences of the unilateral political ambitions of the White House have resulted in an outcome that the vast majority of Americans neither expected nor knew happened. Quietly, in 2009 the Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) program hit the ground. The MANVI program was scheduled to end September 30, 2014, but has just been extended. That extension included an expansion of the program few expected.

The MANVI program was initially a pilot program to allow the military access to legal non-citizen residents that could provide skill sets vital to the military. An example of such a skill set was foreign language or professional medical skill. The program in many ways was similar to previous programs such as under the Lodge Act of 1950, to help with the Korean War effort or the Military Bases Agreement of 1947 that allowed Filipinos to enter the Navy until 1991. A key point of the original MANVI program was that it allowed only legal immigrants, a point that changed September 25, 2014.

Due to the unilateral imposition of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) upon the nation, the MANVI program has now been modified to accept illegal aliens (or undocumented immigrants as they are referred to under DACA). It has been suggested that the change in requirements is part of a broader immigration reform policy to be enacted by President Obama, as stated by the Military Times,
    "The new DoD policy may be the first phase of a broader governmentwide effort to ease pressure on immigrants and create new paths to citizenship."

Whether or not this is the first step towards a path to citizenship, or some other aspect of the promised actions on immigration reform without the consent or authorization of Congress that President Obama has promised to enact after mid-term elections in November, remains to be seen. What is clear is that this move by the Department of Defense (DoD) has caught the attention of certain opponents and supporters of expanded rights for illegal aliens. Justin Vιlez-Hagan, the founder of the National Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce, has stated,
    "I know enlisted people who are getting pushed out of the service right now. It’s hard [to deal with that] and at the same time have people who aren’t in the country legally [replace them]."

In February 2014 Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel proposed to cut 80,000 Army troops and a fleet of Air Force fighter jets, reducing the military to the smallest size in 74 years. Still the impact of MANVI, with or without illegal aliens, is small. To be exact, the MANVI is capped at a total of 1,500 people in any given year that can access the program.

There has been no word on the number of illegal aliens that would be allowed to fulfill that program cap, or if any additional restriction on illegal aliens that apply may have. Which has led supporters of DACA and granting expanded rights to illegal aliens to state, as Felipe Sousa Rodriguez, deputy managing director at United We Dream, did,
    "It’s really important that this does not become a new benchmark, where the administration believes that if it gives us a new benefit that only benefits very few people it will silence our demands.”

Ultimately the final outcome of illegal aliens in the military may be resolved in November or shortly thereafter. President Obama will present the public with his immigration reform agenda. Congress (especially the House of Representatives) will weigh in on the potential Executive Branch overreach. An overreach that the Obama Administration expects may lead to impeachment proceedings. Then the public will voice its opinion in various polls. Political leaders on both sides of the issue will certainly take their cues from that.

Presidential approval is currently at 41.3%, with both Republicans (56%) and Democrats (46%) being seen as not doing a good job on immigration reform. If the new DoD policy is a test for the November announcement, changes in polling may well tailor how and what is presented after the mid-term elections. Either way the question remains, should illegal aliens be allowed to join the military as the DoD will now allow?

http://www.examiner.com/article/shou...cause-they-are

SESSIONS: PRESIDENT’S PROGRAM TO RECRUIT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS FOR MILITARY WILL ‘DIRECTLY DISPLACE' U.S. SERVICEMEBERS DURING TIME OF MILITARY LAYOFFS

WASHINGTON—U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), a senior member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a statement today concerning the President’s new effort to recruit illegal immigrants and visa overstays into the U.S. military. Sessions also detailed the actions the President should be taking, instead of pursuing an illegal executive amnesty:

“With an unprecedented illegal immigration crisis raging, the President announces not enforcement actions to reduce illegality, but yet one more in an endless series of executive actions to further undermine immigration law. Once more, he has taken unilateral executive action that signals to the world that our borders are not being enforced.

The President is launching a new effort to recruit illegal immigrants and visa overstays for the military at a time when thousands of career military personnel are facing layoffs—meaning that the President’s recruitment program will directly displace American military personnel. Military service is a high calling, and a noble career, and is most certainly not a job Americans won’t do.

The President has further pledged that, following the midterm elections, he will issue a sweeping executive amnesty for 5–6 million illegal immigrants and visa overstays. This executive amnesty will include work authorization, taking precious jobs directly from American workers at a time when 28.9 million Americans in their prime working years (25–54) don’t have a job.

In our economy, like our military, we have a shortage of jobs—not a shortage of workers.

Instead of circumventing the law to eliminate our immigration controls, any President who cares about the rule of law would instead be taking lawful, constitutional executive actions to restore those laws and end the illegality. Here are just a few of the concrete, lawful steps the President is duty-bound to undertake:

• Complete the border fence that Congress has previously passed into law;
    • Create the exit-entry system to track foreign visa-holders, which Congress has repeatedly mandated;
    • Cancel visas to any country that won’t take back its own citizens;
    • Stop the improper issuance of billions of dollars in child tax credits to illegal immigrants,
    • Enforce the currently un-enforced public charge rule for immigrants to the U.S., both legal and illegal;
    • Crack down on abuse of the H-1B guest worker program that is displacing U.S. workers;
    • Increase, don’t reduce, prosecutions under the proven Operation Streamline;
    • Instead of suing states that are trying to enforce the law, target sanctuary cities that are defying the law; and
    • Cancel all meetings with pro-amnesty groups to plot executive amnesty, and instead meet with Chris Crane, Ken Palinkas, and Chris Cabrera (of ICE, USCIS, and Border Patrol). Instead of ordering them not to do their jobs, sit down with them ask what they need to end the lawlessness and restore integrity to our nation’s immigration system.”

While We Are Distracted, Military Announcements That Will Make You Sick.

What do you think of this mess?

While We Are Distracted, Military Announcements That Will Make You Sick.
    instead it looks like a pair of military blunders that will hurt our Military further have been made by the Administration.
    madworldnews.com

in News, Politics / by Brandon Walker / on September 27, 2014 at 1:04 am /

While the United States is watching Eric Holder’s resignation and holding our breath at the President wanting to start WWIII in Syria, the US Army just announced it was cutting 30,000 from its roles. In a time where you would think we should be strengthening our forces, instead it looks like military blunders that will hurt our military further have been made by the Obama Administration.

As of April 1, 2014, the Army was cut down to 519, 786 according to the Department of Defense. However, by October, we were only to be drummed down to 530,000 from 550,000 according to the estimates for fiscal year 2013 – 2014. And, they are thinking of drawing down more than that.

Nearly 30,000 soldiers must be removed from the active rolls in the next 17 months if the Army is to make the first waypoint in a drawdown that eventually will reduce the force to 450,000, or even 420,000, soldiers. ~Army Times

According to the Pentagon, budget cuts are cited as the number one reason they will be drawing down to 490,000 by the end of fiscal year 2015.

In budget testimony and documents presented to Congress early this spring, Army leaders indicated the drawdown will continue through the end of 2017, when manning will hit 450,000 to 440,000.
    If lawmakers do not ease the threat of further cuts, called sequestration, the active component could reach 420,000 by the end of the decade, according to Pentagon sources. ~Army Times

Last year with the big scare of the Sequestration, Congress and the President’s paychecks were completely safe from any automatic budget cuts.
    In fact, the President was given full authority as to where to make a 3% budget cut in light of not being able to pass a budget in 6 years. He even admits as much in his plan. Instead of making cuts to entitlements or not giving entitlements to illegal aliens, he chose specifically military retirement and now a military draw down. It’s made many form the opinion he is blackmailing the taxpayer while blaming Republicans.

For the soldier, they now have to worry that one wrong move will result in Involuntary Separation. In fact, the linked chart is the “benefit” of a one time payment you receive in lieu of the retirement you were putting up to 10% of your pay check into with plans to serve 20 years.
    Now the Pentagon is saying “don’t worry,” it will take months to process who they want to get rid of — really comforting to a career non-commissioned officer (NCO) with a family that is struggling to get by as it is (sarcasm intended).

Meanwhile, we just informed you about the New Department of Defense policy, allowing illegal aliens, which this Administration likes to refer to as “Dreamers,” being allowed into the Armed Services as a path to citizenship by Presidential Executive Order signed the same day as Eric Holder resigning. So what qualifications do they need?
    Well, according to the Pentagon:

The Pentagon program is capped at 1,500 recruits per year. Officials say it’s unclear how many of those might be unlawful DACA status immigrants as opposed to others who are also eligible for military service under MAVNI, including those with legal, nonpermanent visas such as students or tourists.
    Estimates suggest between 1.2 million and 2.1 million children, teenagers and young adults in the U.S. have no legal immigration status but meet the criteria for the DACA program. Those targeted by recruiters under the MAVNI program likely will be immigrants with language skills critical to national security, such as Arabic, Chinese, Pashto or Persian. ~Military Times

Now for those that believe these “children” are just a bunch of “kids escaping violence” from Honduras, did you catch the part of Arabic, Chinese, Pashto (language of Pakistan and Al Qaeda), or Persian as a requirement? If these are just children escaping violence in the Central American rural areas controlled by drug gangs, how do they know these as “their ancestral language to the proficiency required by the military” as according to the Department of Defense?

The Department of Defense is looking to cap this number at 1,500, but that means 1,500 other US Citizens serving in today’s voluntary military must be removed as part of the draw down to make room for these Muslim and Chinese “Dreamers.” In other words, our citizens will be scrapped to make room for Obama’s plan under his new Executive Order.

Let that sink in and see if that doesn’t make you sick.
    What do you think of this mess? Tell us below in the comments.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12