Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I cancelled my t.v. almost a month ago and it is the most incredible thing: we actually like it!

My kids aren't being brainwashed into thinking that they have to take a backseat to Hispanic kids, which was the main thrust of the donations made to PBS by "No Child Left Behind". They aren't being taught to speak fluent Spanglish (see 'Dragon Tales' and 'Maya y Miguel') by Public T.V.

My two year old can now count to 20 and speak full sentences, whereas two weeks ago she couldn't. My three year old "reads" instead of zonking out to the tube nightly, and wants to hear classical music to go to sleep to.

My wife and I talk more and read more. We sit down and plan our future instead of watching t.v. together.

I say throw out your t.v.!!! Go to the library and get a book instead. All television advertising these days is teaching is white guilt. Commercials are all made to make whites look like idiots.

Example 1: A Dunkin' Donuts ad with a white executive at a boardroom meeting with his hair in cornrows. The nerdy Asian guy with him looks at him quizzically and asks if everything is o.k. The white guy says
    "Yeah, I just wanted to try something new!" and drinks his new coffee.

Example 2: A Levi's ad with a handsome black guy and his white girlfriend
    romping about in their hotel room to Stevie Wonder's "Superstition". The black guy throws his Levi's jeans out the window, and a nerdy white guy comes along, steals them and tries to pimp about town in them. The white guy just makes a fool out of himself, because he just isn't cool like the black guy and ends up returning them before the black guy and his white girlfriend are done.

Example 3: A Sprint commercial with a dumb white guy outside a stadium with five other dorky looking white guys behind him. A black guy with an outrageous afro shows up and chastises him:

Black guy: "Why didn't you call me?"

White guy: "I tried, but my network wasn't working."

He points to the five other white dorks behind him, who are his 'network'.

Black guy: "Well, you should try my network."

The black guy points to a multitude of sophisticated looking tech-people, with the "Can you hear me now? GOOD!" guy front and center. That's his network.

Then the black guy rubs the head of the white guy and they go into the stadium together.

All of these ads are merely topical evidence of how the mainstream media is out to defame and "dumb down" white people. If any of the racial roles were reversed in these three ads they would be decried as horribly racist and insensitive. That is the main reason I got rid of my t.v. I will not have my children growing up with racial inferiority complexes taught to them by years of exposure to mainstream television. It's pure crap.

Like I said in an earlier post; I don't hate somebody because of how they look, but I won't be made to feel guilty or inferior because of the way I or my family look either. The only way Hollywood or Madison Ave. will get the message is if we stop watching altogether.

I'm not playing ball. It sucks during football season, though.

nhantimassredrebel---

love your post! I am throwing out the TV tomorrow. Have wanted to for some time.

btw, I agree that MA is the gateway to hell, but unfortunately I live there... help!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

nh--unbelievable!! It really made a positive difference in your life! More should do this. "classical music" for the two year old to sleep by....now THAT IS COOL.

I'll share a story. I was with my family up in Virginia recently and I'm at my sister's house visiting her and my niece and nephew. Nephew goes to his room and gets in bed to go to sleep and before I leave to go back to my Mom's place which about two blocks from my sister's, I check in on my nephew to say Good Bye and He's Listening to Classical Music!! He's 9.

What is happening? A Classical Music Revolution? To Whom Do We Owe This?

It's a "good thing".

I'm happy for you and your wife, too.

For football season, there's always the sports bars?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There was only one thing that Bush has done that was worse than calling the Minutemen "Vigilantes". It was that he was standing there with his ARM AROUND VICENTE FOX when he said it!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Story suggestion for Law&Order:

Rick Wolfen,producer of the Crime&Punishment crime drama series on NBS is the suspect in a child prostitution and drug smuggling ring which results in the death of 27 children over a 3 year period at the hands of Hollywood elites. Detectives learn that children are being smuggled in from central America across the porous border between Mexico and the U.S. to satisfy the perverted desires of the entertainment moguls.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    Story suggestion for Law&Order:

Rick Wolfen,producer of the Crime&Punishment crime drama series on NBS is the suspect in a child prostitution and drug smuggling ring which results in the death of 27 children over a 3 year period at the hands of Hollywood elites. Detectives learn that children are being smuggled in from central America across the porous border between Mexico and the U.S. to satisfy the perverted desires of the entertainment moguls.
    I think that would be great. foward it on to: Gary Sheffer Executive Director
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12