Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MN: Bachmann Demands Answers

Bachmann Demands Answers

Tools

* Save
    * Print
    * YouNewsTV™
    * Most Popular
    * RSS Feed
    * Digg
    * Del.icio.us

Bachmann Demands Answers
    By Caitlin Haedicke

Story Created: Feb 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM CST

Story Updated: Feb 27, 2008 at 10:57 PM CST

We learned today the woman charged with causing last week's deadly school bus crash near Cottonwood may have been pulled over one month ago. Now Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachman wants answers.
    Multimedia

Watch The Video

Bachmann wants U.S. Immigration officials to explain how suspected illegal immigrant "Olga Franco" fell through the cracks of the nation's immigration laws. It appears Olga Franco, under the alias "Alianiss Morales," was stopped by police before two years before. And again only one month before Cottonwood's tragic bus accident.

"We have to find out where the system broke down between local law enforcement and the federal government and make sure this never happens again," said Congresswoman Michelle Bachman.

Minnesota Public Radio reports Franco's boyfriend was pulled over on the same highway, in the same van involved in the fatal bus crash. Samuel Melendez, didn't have a license. Franco reportedly told the officer she had no state ID card or driver's license. But nothing more was done. An event Congresswoman Bachmann says can't happen again.

"From every level, whether it's the local, the state, or the federal, we all have to work together as a team because unfortunately, what we saw was the lives of innocent Americans and now innocent children have been paid because of this neglegence," stated Bachmann.

I spoke with members of the local Hispanic community tonight. They didn't want to appear on camera, but said believe racial profiling will only increase with Congresswoman Bachman's requests.

http://www.ksfy.com/news/16061377.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bachmann wants U.S. Immigration officials to explain how suspected illegal immigrant "Olga Franco" fell through the cracks of the nation's immigration laws. It appears Olga Franco, under the alias "Alianiss Morales," was stopped by police before two years before. And again only one month before Cottonwood's tragic bus accident.
    These politicians are something else. They vote for measures that make it easier for illegal invaders to function in this society, while denying any and all legislation that would go after illegal invaders. Yet when a tragedy occurs, they stand around like a deer caught in the headlights and act shocked that something of this magnitude this could ever happen.

I want to know what Congresswoman Michelle Bachman's voting record is issues dealing with illegal immigration. Then we will see how suprised she should be such a tragedy occured.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachman aware Minnesota has three sanctuary cities--Worthington, Minneapolis and St. Paul?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

MyAmerica - I think so. The 'accident' took place out in a rural area in SW MN (which is not a formal sanctuary jurisdiction). I passed along information regarding the 287g program and other info about state-level things that could be done as well.

Or, stated in reverse, there is someone, somewhere in Minnesota that is actually daring to question the status quo - it may be a long time in coming, and way overdue, but there's at least one person (I suspect many, many more when the towns of Cottonwood and Marshall are included) asking some hard questions....and that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    These politicians are something else. They vote for measures that make it easier for illegal invaders to function in this society, while denying any and all legislation that would go after illegal invaders. Yet when a tragedy occurs, they stand around like a deer caught in the headlights and act shocked that something of this magnitude this could ever happen.

I want to know what Congresswoman Michelle Bachman's voting record is issues dealing with illegal immigration. Then we will see how suprised she should be such a tragedy occured.
    She's brand new as of last year. Here is her ABI grades so far:

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... VIPID=1243

click on the link above and go leave a comment.
    then click on local and regional and see what other storioes are there regarding the bus crash or ICE working in worthington and leave comments there

Thanks PhredE

If Congresswoman Michelle Bachman is one of the good ones, then I apologize for questioning her voting record. However, We all know the good ones are few and far between these days.

And from the looks of her record, she is one of the good ones.

I stand corrected and hope she can get the answers to some questions the American Citizens have been asking for a long time.

NoBueno - I wouldn't sweat it.

There is sufficient reason for all Americans to be extremely cynical and guarded about the related subject matter. The only apologies required are by those elected public officials that continue to know about the problems and do nothing constructive to fix them (eg. certainly not by you!)

I will say this: I had a very constructive conversation with the staffer I spoke to and did manage to get specific information about 287g and other enforcement mechanisms to him. I hope he passes that along to the good Congresswoman. So far, she has said many good things and seems to be genuinely interested in the subject matter. As a side, she's done TV news interviews with at least one local media outlet, and was on O'Reilly last night as well ( I was tipped off that she'd be doing an interview on his show sometime - but didn't know exactly at what time that would be...).

The one thing I could derive from her interview(s), her web site and by speaking with the staffer is... she is BIG on children's issues. The fact that the 'accident' killed four innocent kids on their way to school I think was the real catalyst here. I'll continue to monitor all this. We definitely could use some local action within Minnesota to get some serious enforcement on track.

Let's give her a chance...she's new and at least she was bold enough to send the letter to ICE, and even be a guest on Bill O'Reilly and speak eloquently about this issue.....

I do hope she pushed for a state-wide 287(g) agreement at the very least, if not a nationwide mandate for such from the U.S. Attorney General.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    Let's give her a chance...she's new and at least she was bold enough to send the letter to ICE, and even be a guest on Bill O'Reilly and speak eloquently about this issue.....

I do hope she pushed for a state-wide 287(g) agreement at the very least, if not a nationwide mandate for such from the U.S. Attorney General.

MD
    Yes, let's give her a chance! Her voting record shows she's on the right track!
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast