Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Murdered Officer's Widow Plans to Sue Employer of Illegals

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=6151539

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County jury has a life or death decision to make. Juan Quintero is facing the death penalty for the murder of Houston Police Officer Rodney Johnson. And we've also learned that Officer Johnson's widow may be taking legal action.

We've learned that the attorney for Joslyn Johnson is filing a wrongful death laswsuit against Robert Camp, claiming negligence because he employed and gave a car to Quintero, even though Quintero had a criminal record and was an alcoholic. She's seeking no less than $10 million.

She's also contemplating a lawsuit against the city of Houston to change their policy, requiring two officers per car.

Earlier in the day, he jury heard closing arguments from both sides before going in for deliberations Monday.

I wish her luck . Sounds like a good case . Not a hot cup of McDonalds coffee in your own lap deal Errrrrr !
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About time someone makes the employer responsible
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes indeed! Employers should be held liable if they hire IAs. I don't know of many employers who give their employees cars either. If they do, they should certainly make sure, they are LICENSED and ABLE to drive the cars!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Believe Robert Camp paid for Juan Quintero's plane ticket back to the U.S. after Quintero was deported after a sex-related crime. Camp also provided a house to Juan Quintero's wife.

Hope she wins big time!
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Murdered Officer's Widow Plans to Sue Employer of Illega

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6151539

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County jury has a life or death decision to make. Juan Quintero is facing the death penalty for the murder of Houston Police Officer Rodney Johnson. And we've also learned that Officer Johnson's widow may be taking legal action.

We've learned that the attorney for Joslyn Johnson is filing a wrongful death laswsuit against Robert Camp, claiming negligence because he employed and gave a car to Quintero, even though Quintero had a criminal record and was an alcoholic. She's seeking no less than $10 million.

She's also contemplating a lawsuit against the city of Houston to change their policy, requiring two officers per car.

Earlier in the day, he jury heard closing arguments from both sides before going in for deliberations Monday.

I probably am going to get boo'd for this but, I have some serious problems with this lawsuit.

1) The suit does not mention anything about the employer hiring an illegal alien (although further research on my part found that he is).

2) She is suing the employer for hiring someone with a criminal background. If precedents are set that you can be sued simply for hiring a convicted criminal, society is going to have some major problems. If once convicted of a crime (and we don't know what his criminal record was) and the criminal is released after serving time, it is now a huge lawsuit risk to take a chance and hire them, nobody will. If nobody hires them, they can not get their lives straight. we have basically given them NO CHOICE but to go back into a life of crime. Our current crime rates are astronomical. If she wins on the grounds this man EMPLOYED SOMEONE WITH A CRIMINAL RECORD, the wild wild west is going to seem tame compared to what we will then have.

3) The second basis of her complaint was that the employer hired him KNOWING he was an alcoholic. AA even admits this is not a one size fits all disease. There are alcoholics who can go months without a drink, but once they take a sip, they can not stop until they pass out, then go for months or years again without taking a drink. Then there is your stereotypical drunk all the time alcoholic, and about a thousand different varieties in between. IF she wins a lawsuit on this ground, anybody who has ever had a drink will find it difficult to get a job.

The lady is not suing because he hired an illegal alien. The reasons stated here would be a catastrophe for hundreds of millions of AMERICAN CITIZENS if she would win.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cayla99,

I think you need to read this article a little more carefully. It doesn't actually quote Joslyn Johnson, or her attorney, as saying that the criminal record and alcoholism is actually the basis for the lawsuit. The writer of the article may have haphazardly combined those facts. The best that we know from this is that Johnson is claiming that Robert Camp "employed and gave a car to Quintero." If Quintero is an illegal alien, and Camp should have reasonably known that, Camp is already in serious trouble with the law.

If Quintero is illegal (and the article doesn't say that) I think Johnson should sue. You're right that simply employing someone with a criminal record or an addiction should not be a basis for negligence--because then there would be no way of rehabbing those people. But I believe that employing illegal aliens should have civil liabilities. At least they should be considered in the same category as nuisances or uncorrected hazards. This is a serious breach of national security, illegal aliens are recognized by the US government as being inherently a danger, and people who profit from them are being unjustly enriched. So I think there should be liability. It's about time that good citizens started fighting back against this kind of abuse.

As far as Johnson changing the policies of the Houston PD--not much of a chance!!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

hell yeah. sue him into the poor house.

especially when it was reported he paid the coyote to get his worker back to phoenix

Here are a couple more threads on the history of this particular case - for the benefit of cayla99 and Captainron:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-97678.html

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-114743.html

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Here are a couple more threads on the history of this particular case - for the benefit of cayla99 and Captainron:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-97678.html

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-114743.html
    If she is suing the employing criminal on the grounds that he not only employed, but actually imported this scum bag, I hope she not only takes him for all he has, but for all he will ever have.

If it is as the article implies, simply for hiring a convict who is also an alcoholic, then my concerns remain. I want the book thrown at this employer as much as the rest of you do, it just has to be done right. or we could be opening a whole can of worms that will cause mayhem for many years to come.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast