Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In N.Va., a Latino Community Unravels (illegals flee)

In N.Va., a Latino Community Unravels
    Job Losses and Pr. William Law Hit Illegal Immigrants and Others
    N.C. Aizenman

A vibrant Latino subculture built in Prince William County over more than a decade is starting to come undone in a matter of months.

With Latinos fleeing the combined effects of the construction downturn, the mortgage crisis and new local laws aimed at catching illegal immigrants, Latino shops are on the brink of bankruptcy, church groups are hemorrhaging members, neighborhoods are dotted with for-sale signs, and once-busy strip malls have been transformed into ghost towns.

County officials who have campaigned for months to drive out illegal immigrants say they would be unhappy to see businesses suffer or legal immigrants forced out in the process.

“But I believe the benefits will far outweigh the drawbacks,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“But I believe the benefits will far outweigh the drawbacks,â€
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No tears from me . What a bout the American's laid off cause of them ? Where is THEIR story . And the Americans aren't bleeding the system dry like Dubya hopes
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

[quote]But that was before such work dried up in Prince William. Two weeks ago, all five men moved to take jobs in Pennsylvania.

Silda said her husband plans to send for her and the children as soon as he can find a suitable home, even though it will probably mean abandoning their current house to the bank. “There’s no way we can sell it,â€
    "

[quote]Until recently, Fuentes said, she could have counted on nearly 40 people to join her at the front of the church. Members of the group call each other “brotherâ€

And there will continue to be . . . a thriving Latino community in the county into the future.
    How about just saying for once " A thriving American Community!" when refering to hispanics. Why is it they refuse to become Americans.

I dont feel sorry for them. Who on earth gave them mortgages? Why does it take so long for illegal aliens to wake up? Suddenly, when laws get tougher, they start getting afraid and move?

This is just another "poor Hispanic illegal alien me" story.

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A little slanted

Could this story have been slanted any more? My God, pull out the bags, we're going on a guilt trip.

Gee, if we were going for tears perhaps they would've mentioned:
    -The hardships of the LEGAL construction workers they displaced.
    -The costs passed on to LEGAL citizens when illegals bail sign a bad ARM and then bail on the mortgage.
    -The costs incurred by the hospital (and taxpayers) serving illegals without insurance.
    -The depressed wages suffered by other LEGAL residents due to illegal labor.

But hey, it's the Washington Post, what can we expect?

"Inside, it was cold and pitch black. Mauricio lit a candle and handed it to Erica. She dripped the wax onto the kitchen table to make a candle holder."

This is one reason we hear weekly stories of houses and apartments burning down. Many innocent neighbors and adjoining apartment dwellers suffer the consequences.

Sob story alert.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast