Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar

New federal work-site enforcement policies issued

New federal work-site enforcement policies issued

12:22 PM | April 30, 2009

The Senate Judiciary Committee began hearings today on the prospects for comprehensive immigration reform as the Department of Homeland Security issued new work-site enforcement protocols, refocusing attention on employers rather than illegal workers.

The new federal guidelines instruct immigration agents to look for evidence of money laundering, mistreatment of workers, trafficking, smuggling and identification document fraud. They also direct agents to get indictments, criminal arrest or search warrants before arresting employees.

“Arresting and removing illegal workers must be part of a strategy to deter unlawful employment, but is, alone, insufficient as a comprehensive worksite enforcement strategy,â€

Re: New federal work-site enforcement policies issued

The new federal guidelines instruct immigration agents to look for evidence of money laundering, mistreatment of workers, trafficking, smuggling and identification document fraud. They also direct agents to get indictments, criminal arrest or search warrants before arresting employees.
    Sounds good.................

[quote]“Arresting and removing illegal workers must be part of a strategy to deter unlawful employment, but is, alone, insufficient as a comprehensive worksite enforcement strategy,â€
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I still believe doing away with birthright citizenship is as important as workplace enforcement. Most of the illegal men here working live with dependent spouses/girlfriends and have anchor babies in U.S. schools. With all the free benefits these moms get, I think illegals will continue stick around, particularly once their kids have started schools. What is being done to identify and deport all the nonworking illegals who are living off the free benefits?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Sounds good.................

[quote:1z1ky9p6]The guidelines lay out the new strategy of penalizing employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers and deterring those tempted to hire them. The goal, according to the department, is to slow down illegal crossings by targeting the magnet and to reduce unfair competition.
    Sounds good..................

[/quote:1z1ky9p6]

No it's not good. Illegals using stolen or bought SSNs will not be detected under this policy. Companies that hire illegals with fake SSNs will not be liable for anything under this policy, so the feds will probably not investigate them unless they are helping the illegals get the fake IDs.

What this means is only a small percentage of businesses currently hiring illegals will be prosecuted. The illegals will be prosecuted even less, since getting indictments and search warrants is very time consuming and expensive.

This is just more smoke and mirrors from the traitors in DC, pretending to do something when actually they are doing almost nothing. It will not "slow down illegal crossings", because 95% of employers do not "knowingly hire illegal workers".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No it's not good. Illegals using stolen or bought SSNs will not be detected under this policy. Companies that hire illegals with fake SSNs will not be liable for anything under this policy, so the feds will probably not investigate them unless they are helping the illegals get the fake IDs.

What about E-Verify?
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican

What about E-Verify?
    E-verify is not included, none of the Democratic leaders support it.

They hope to run it out of funding and make it go away by Sept.

Dixie

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    My response from Senator Feinstein on Apr 27, 09 about E-Verify:

Dear ________:

I received your letter and appreciate your support for the electronic employment verification program, E-Verify. I would like to provide an update on the status of this program.

The current E-Verify program operates on a voluntary basis, allowing participating employers to verify if a potential employee is lawfully authorized to work in the United States. On March 11, 2009, the President signed into law the Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009, which included an extension of the termination date of E-Verify, permitting its operation until September 30, 2009 (Public Law 111-eight). $100 million has also been appropriated for E-Verify for the fiscal year 2009 through the Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 (Public Law 110-329).

I share your serious concerns about the loss of U.S. jobs and the impact of the economic crisis on American workers. I support a tough and smart reform of U.S. immigration laws, which includes protecting American jobs, helping businesses maintain a legal workforce, and reducing unauthorized employment in the United States.

I recognize that E-Verify is a priority for you in the debate on immigration reform in the United States. I will certainly be mindful of your support for this program should the Senate have an opportunity to debate this issue in the near future. I invite you to contact my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841 if you have any questions or additional thoughts. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

I share your serious concerns about the loss of U.S. jobs and the impact of the economic crisis on American workers.

She's a liar!

I support a tough and smart reform of U.S. immigration laws, which includes protecting American jobs, helping businesses maintain a legal workforce, and reducing unauthorized employment in the United States.
    You reduce unorthorized employment by authorizing all of them???

I recognize that E-Verify is a priority for you in the debate on immigration reform in the United States. I will certainly be mindful of your support for this program should the Senate have an opportunity to debate this issue in the near future.
    Another huge Lie!
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast