Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stop the sympathy here, please. I was empathetic until I read this part:

"I thought since we were married and I had a Social Security card and driver’s license and military ID, I didn’t think about the paperwork. I had everything a normal person has over there — a car, a house, a family, student loans, a dog," she recalled.
    How does a non-citizen get a social security card and well we all know they can get drivers licenses, but that doesn't make it right.

Where did this SSN come from?

And I have no sympathy for pot heads.

You can get a social security card if your married to a US citizen. It takes
    a while and you usually have to get a lawyer etc, its the beginning of the long expensive process to be come a citizen. A lot of students sell grass
    to pay for school.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeDome
    One can't help but have sympathy for this family,especially as the wife is trying to do everything the right way,but on the other hand she was caught with 400 grams of illegal weed while here on a student visa.That somewhat dampens the sympathy one feels.I want to be consistent when I say that the law allows entry to be barred to those that commit crimes while here on visas.Although she never served time I understand immigration can still bar her.Am I wrong?I see both sides on this issue.
    I hear what you are saying, I say if they wanted to deport her they should have done it after her pot conviction, not wait nine years later after she marries an American and has a kid. There should be a statue of limitations on this kind of deportation, especially since it would help free up ICE resources for illegal aliens.

You have a good point.

MW
    ChromeDome wrote:

One can't help but have sympathy for this family,especially as the wife is trying to do everything the right way,but on the other hand she was caught with 400 grams of illegal weed while here on a student visa.That somewhat dampens the sympathy one feels.I want to be consistent when I say that the law allows entry to be barred to those that commit crimes while here on visas.Although she never served time I understand immigration can still bar her.Am I wrong?I see both sides on this issue.
    Makes a lot of sense to me.

Bowman wrote:

I hear what you are saying, I say if they wanted to deport her they should have done it after her pot conviction, not wait nine years later after she marries an American and has a kid.
    I'm betting "they" (federal law enforcement) didn't know anything about her felony drug bust. Remember, many local law enforcement agencies do not contact federal law officials when an immigrant is busted.

IMO, her visa should have been cancelled and she should have been deported immediately after her felony drug bust. That probably would have happend had the federal authorities been notified. I'd bet my bottom dollar that local law enforcement is to blame for this not happening. This is one of those situations where her past finally caught up to her. We shouldn't be hypocritical. Either we support our immigration laws or we don't. I don't believe it's right to make exceptions - we need to remain consistent. You know, many Hispanics could perceive our support of this lady in a negative light simply because we're willing to make an exception for a caucasian European. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions, regardless of where they are from or the color of their skin. Like I said, we need to remain consistent. Just my opinion.

My goodness, the lady was caught with almost a pound of MJ. I'm confused as to why she didn't do some time behind bars. I probably sound pretty cold hearted to most of you, however, it was my country's failure to adhere to the rule of law that brought me into this fight (illegal immigration & border security).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    ChromeDome wrote:

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Bowman wrote:

[quote:is2s4xz8]I hear what you are saying, I say if they wanted to deport her they should have done it after her pot conviction, not wait nine years later after she marries an American and has a kid.
    I'm betting "they" (federal law enforcement) didn't know anything about her felony drug bust. Remember, many local law enforcement agencies do not contact federal law officials when an immigrant is busted.

IMO, her visa should have been cancelled and she should have been deported immediately after her felony drug bust. That probably would have happend had the federal authorities been notified. I'd bet my bottom dollar that local law enforcement is to blame for this not happening. This is one of those situations where her past finally caught up to her. We shouldn't be hypocritical. Either we support our immigration laws or we don't. I don't believe it's right to make exceptions - we need to remain consistent. You know, many Hispanics could perceive our support of this lady in a negative light simply because we're willing to make an exception for a caucasian European. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions, regardless of where they are from or the color of their skin. Like I said, we need to remain consistent. Just my opinion.

My goodness, the lady was caught with almost a pound of MJ. I'm confused as to why she didn't do some time behind bars. I probably sound pretty cold hearted to most of you, however, it was my country's failure to adhere to the rule of law that brought me into this fight (illegal immigration & border security).[/quote:is2s4xz8]

No MW! I feel you make a very reasonable case. I can sense you feel for this woman and her family, as I also do. I especially feel for the husband as he is serving this country, risking life and limb! He deserves better communication from our government than he's getting!

I do not know much about pot, but my gosh, a pound of pot seems like an awful lot of weed to have for personal use. I have no idea why this woman's student visa was not revoked after this conviction. I do not understand that.

Something else is bothering me about this case as well. She has been in this country for 17 years on a student visa and is just now, at 33 years of age, going to medical school? What has she been doing all this time.

I just get the feeling there is more to this story than we are being told.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    NoBueno wrote:

You're probably right. Unfortunately, most of these sad stories only provide the 'supposed' victims side. I guess we're supposed to fill in the blanks ourself.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NoBueno wrote:

You're probably right. Unfortunately, most of these sad stories only provide the 'supposed' victims side. I guess we're supposed to fill in the blanks ourself.
    The facial expression that she has screams sob story plus the va-voom picture of herself with her hubby that she's holding makes me wonder.

MW
    NoBueno wrote:

No MW! I feel you make a very reasonable case.
    Thanks, NoBueno.

NoBueno wrote:

Or, as I like to say...everytime I read a story like this, i'm always reminded to read between the lines, for that's where the real story is...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SORRY, BUT SHE IS OUT OF HERE, TOO. HER HUSBAND AND CHILD WILL HAVE TO MAYBE GET DUAL CITIZENSHIPS.

UNLESS THE PRESIDENT CAN EXPUNGE HER FELONY.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12