Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NJ: B/C of OBAMA, Kenyans want to come to U.S.

Obama all the buzz in Kenya
    Immigrants share roots, and fame, with prez
    Monday, February 23, 2009

In the 17 years since Samuel Nyamwange came to Jersey City from Kenya, he's gotten used to his family calling about once every six weeks to check in.

That changed when Barack Obama, whose father was Kenyan, was elected president of the United States.

"Now, they're calling almost twice a week: 'Has he done anything yet?'" Nyamwange said. "They think he's going to announce that everybody can come over here."

Nyamwange, who works as a parking attendant in Newark, says he, like many Kenyan immigrants in America, has gained near rock-star status back home - lucky to be in America during Obama's presidency.

Many in Jersey City, home to one of the nation's largest Kenyan immigrant communities, are especially proud of Obama's roots.

"Everybody wants to come over here (to America) now," Nyamwange said. "They want to come here and see things for themselves, and to thank Obama for making Kenya great."

Wilfred Nyakundi, the owner of Mzalendo, a Jersey City convenience store that's a popular gathering place for Kenyan immigrants, hears similar questions when his relatives call.

"The first thing they ask you these days is: 'How is Obama?' - before they ask: 'How are you?'" Nyakundi laughed. "They are excited and they want to know more from us. They think since we're here, we're experiencing things directly."

Kenyans gathered in Kisumu, Kenya, on Jan. 20 to celebrate the inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th president of the United States. Across Kenya, neighbors engulfed in political violence only a year ago came together to celebrate the U.S. presidential inauguration of Kenya's favorite son.

Kenyans feel a special connection to Obama. It doesn't matter to them that he is an American, born in Hawaii to an American mother and Kenyan father, and has only visited the East African nation a handful of times - they see a source of Kenyan pride in every gesture.

"He's a very warm person; he has a Kenyan handshake," said Jaris Mogoi of Jersey City, describing a grip that's both firm and welcoming. "He even greets the journalists when he enters a press conference. That's very Kenyan."

Mogoi said while others watched the inauguration to see what Michelle Obama was wearing, or which dignitaries were in attendance, he kept his eyes on Obama's Kenyan relatives on the dais - hoping to catch a glimpse of them making a dry spitting gesture into his palm - a Kenyan sign of blessing.

Mogoi said the TV cameras may not have caught the gesture, but he's sure it happened. He said watching Obama be sworn in was the proudest day of his life.

"If I wrote a book, I would not miss to say that I was a Kenyan in America when the first African-American was elected president, and he is a Kenyan," Mogoi said. "When I saw the Americans shedding tears - and not being born here - to see Americans cry, I felt such joy I cried, too."

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

;) Good Job Legalatina..!

Legalatina, I REALLY like your ‘news’ posts, simply for one reason:

You apply LOGIC to the title of the story..

so, MORE soup for you!!

little ps: where's the link?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BIG PS:
    Mafia/Usurper Thread
    : www.alipac.us/ftopict-137238.html
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

This loops back into Zeituni, if she can stay then it just becomes a matter of who has the right political connections which is unfair and if the immigration becomes unfair and arbitrary everyone will feel entitled to break it.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Everybody wants to come over here (to America) now," Nyamwange said.
    Great, open the borders and let everyone in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, with the Obama's salaries and connections they could put Auntie Zeituni permanently in a swank hotel in Nairobi.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is why the Constitution requires that in order for a person to be eligible for President of the United States, they must be a natural born citizen so no other nation claims that citizen as theirs, so they don't want to rush in a be a part of a nation they don't belong to, so the real citizens of the US don't have to read such dribble or deal with such "wannas" in the midst of our own troubles.

A natural born citizen is a child born of 2 US citizens on US soil, with no allegiance or familial concerns or issues connected with any country but ours.

God help US, we are so screwed.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn