Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

North Carolina Protest

Sorry, but I don't yet know how to paste the photo with the article. You can view it at :
    http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/ol ... legal.html

I love the good press the writer gave to Senator Dole, but I'm saddened that he chose not to list Senator Burr and his pitiful position by name! I WILL NOT FORGET!

Anybody within earshot of the Jeff Katz show out of Charlotte tomorrow be sure and listen in around 5 PM! He is going to bodyslam Burr on his handling of Thursday's cloture vote. For those of you who have no idea what I'm referring to, it appears our good Senator Burr-ito failed to cast his Nay vote on cloture when his turn came to vote. (You may know the role is called in alphabetical order) After the 40 votes were logged in opposition and the bill had no chance of advancing Burr conveniently submitted his "Nay". Burr's office had advance notice of a Nay vote the previous day and released it to all of us who called. His staffer told me personally Thursday morning in his Winston-Salem office that he would be voting Nay on cloture. Howbeit then that the Senator could not find the Nay button when his vote was called...Potty break perhaps??? Somebody was certainly full of it I'd say....

__________________________________________________ ___________

Protesters rally against illegal immigration
    By Mike Wilder / Times-News
    June 30
    Sam Roberts / Times-News Protesters hold signs opposing illegal immigration Saturday during a rally at Court Square in Graham. GRAHAM — Men and women who stood outside the courthouse in Graham on Saturday to protest illegal immigration got thumbs-up signs and honks from some who drove by.

Others drivers slowed down as they circled the courthouse and leaned out their windows to make comments in Spanish.

Between 15 and 20 people were stationed outside the courthouse late Saturday morning to hold up signs for people to see from each side of Court Square.

Protest organizer Kim Oliver said some arrived a little before 7 a.m. and planned to stay most of the day. Others were participating for part of the day.

Oliver said the government needs to do two things: prevent people from crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally and fine employers who hire illegal immigrants.

“Let our law enforcement enforce the law,â€

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT ELIZABETH DOLE AS PRESIDENT? She could beat Clinton!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you for this extra info about Burr. I thought I did not hear his vote when the cloture votes were first counted.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)