Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama flip flops again:Health plan won't include illegals

Friday, July 25, 2008 - 1:16 PM MST | Modified: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 1:16 PM
    Obama says his health plan won't include undocumented immigrants
    Phoenix Business Journal - by Mike Sunnucks

Some liberal and left-wing groups are pushing for possible universal health insurance plans to cover the more than 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S..

But Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign Friday said his universal health plans do not extend to undocumented immigrants.

The Progressive Democrats of America and some Democratic congressional members want to see universal insurance programs, if enacted, to include illegal immigrants.

They want that concept included in the Democratic Party platform for the 2008 elections, and also favor federal legislation for that goal. Obama spokeswoman Sharon Gilson said Friday Obama's health plans would not extend to undocumented migrants in the U.S..

There are an estimated 47 million persons on the U.S. without health insurance. Illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born children make up 8.3 million of that uninsured number, according to the Center for Immigration Studies.

Thirteen percent of American citizens do not have health insurance compared to 69 percent of illegal immigrants in Arizona, 70 percent in Texas and 64 percent nationally, according to CIS.

Many of the undocumented immigrants in Arizona and other Southwestern states are from Mexico and come from extremely poor conditions and when they work in the U.S. they often labor in jobs that do not offer health benefits.

There are 579,000 illegal immigrants in Arizona.

Obama's health plans entails a mix of government and private sector programs aimed at covering the uninsured while Arizona Republican John McCain prefers more consumer-driven plans and tax credits to help with health insurance costs.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stor ... ily77.html

I don't believe or trust a word that Obama says about illegal aliens. He has no credibility on this issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please......as a person from Ill.....is anyone getting this? Obama stands for nothing......I said ions ago this guy spends more time picking splinters out of his butt from his fence riding than anything. He's a finger to the wind guy. Supports everything, stands for nothing, and stays silent when things are really crucial. The perfect "not my fault" guy. But darn....he's so cute and talks so nice...... Sign me up!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Listening to Obama is like listening to elevator music - he has nothing to say. As another Illinoisan, I've had practice listening. Most of us are quite active, sending faxes and emails and making phone calls to our elected officials to express our opinions. Every one of mine - with the exception of Obama - at least responds in some way, typically by email or letter. His is the only office that has never, ever, responded to my calls. Now he wants my vote - pft!!
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Also from Illinois.

Once the illegals become "legal", you can be certain that Obama and Congress will find a way to give them all social welfare benefits including health insurance. After all, they are here and we must be humane- et.c etc. etc.

Obama is a duplicitous and a snake charmer. Do not believe a word he says.

During one of the debates with Hillary Clinton, Obama stated his universal health care plan wouldn’t cover illegal aliens. When he released his plan in July, it did cover illegal aliens. Two weeks later, Obama said that his health care plan would not cover illegal aliens. With Obama riding the fence, bending with the wind and keeping everything in flux, no one really knows what he is looking to do here. Whatever it is, look for a huge inefficient and ineffective government bureaucracy costing billions of dollars for exceptionally bad health care.

Quote Originally Posted by goudy1
    Once the illegals become "legal", you can be certain that Obama and Congress will find a way to give them all social welfare benefits including health insurance.
    Good point. If he gave them amnesty, they're citizens so they would be covered under his health care scheme anyway.

Too bad McCain is just as bad on illegal immigration as is Obama.

OMG!

NADER IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Please......as a person from Ill.....is anyone getting this? Obama stands for nothing......I said ions ago this guy spends more time picking splinters out of his butt from his fence riding than anything. He's a finger to the wind guy. Supports everything, stands for nothing, and stays silent when things are really crucial. The perfect "not my fault" guy. But darn....he's so cute and talks so nice...... Sign me up!
    That's why I'm hoping we can "push" him to the center (or right) or demand he be more conservative with our tax dollars. Perhaps he is starting to see the light ? Might our message be getting thru ? I believe him to be a "left" leaning liberal, but it's hard to successfully get elected that way.

I suspect he would give away amnesty and benefits to all illegal aliens and invite even more to our county. We must point out how damaging this is to legal residents, to working Americans. Every dollar spent on an illegal alien, is a dollar denied an American citizen.

Pls continue to call, fax and email yr elected reps. Never let them forget us.

NEW...Must see movie...HYPE The Obama Effect:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-124974.html