Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Official urged

This poor guy is taking a beating from the local press, just because ONE MEXICAN AMERICAN was offended.
    He will probably be forced to resign after years of public service for using the term wetback.
    Please respond to the paper in support of Mr. Laws

Nothing like what Obama's minister uses in reference to white people. Mexicans are not a race. A Mexican is a citizen of Mexico. Is it a law that people have to be polite when referring to citizens of another country?

I haven't quite figured out how Hispanics can be a racial minority when they aren't a race. There are all kinds of ethnic groups that are not in the minority category. Why aren't people from the Balkans a minority?

Lulac lobbied to keep Hispanics counted as whites in the 50's but once civil rights and preferences came along, they lobbied to be put in the Minority category. Shows where their loyaly lies.

Rodriguez, who represents that area in the state Legislature, said no one should be surprised that people still refer to Hispanics using derogatory language. But Rodriguez said that Laws' role as a high-ranking official in two different organizations should place him under extra scrutiny.

"I think it's my duty, not only as a state representative but a Mexican American, to do whatever I can to get this man to resign," Rodriguez said.
    Geesch. This makes me so sick. When are people going to stop putting up with Mexican-Americans like Rodriguez?

One of the biggest problems this country has, is hyphenated Americans. IMO, You are either 100% American or nothing.

Mr Rodriguez SHOULD NOT be a state representative, because he only represents the interests of Mexicans. AND, THIS ISNT MEXICO! We HAVE GOT TO GET THESE people UNELECTED.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Rodriguez, who represents that area in the state Legislature, said no one should be surprised that people still refer to Hispanics using derogatory language. But Rodriguez said that Laws' role as a high-ranking official in two different organizations should place him under extra scrutiny.

"I think it's my duty, not only as a state representative but a Mexican American, to do whatever I can to get this man to resign," Rodriguez said.
    Geesch. This makes me so sick. When are people going to stop putting up with Mexican-Americans like Rodriguez?

One of the biggest problems this country has, is hyphenated Americans. IMO, You are either 100% American or nothing.

Mr Rodriguez SHOULD NOT be a state representative, because he only represents the interests of Mexicans. AND, THIS ISNT MEXICO! We HAVE GOT TO GET THESE people UNELECTED.

Well I consider it my duty as AN "AMERICAN CITIZEN" to keep those like you sir who want to pursue an ethno-centric aganda, out of office.

As a result, I have vowed to never ever vote for a candidate with a hispanic last name unless I can be guaranteed in writing they will not pursue an ethno-centric agenda. Almost a contract if you will. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing EVERY POLITICIAN have to sign a written contract to honor all those pledges he/she made which got them elected.

In other words, he gave valuable consideration (his promises) in exchange for my vote. That's a contract! If those promises ever have to be modified during the course of his term, he will be required to disclose this to the public or risk a material breach of contract, thus subjecting him to immediate removal from office.

Enough is enough. If our governemnt is not going to do anything, then we are going to have to do it ourselves. The first step is to keep these people away from power.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nobueno--

I believe it should be illegal for an elected official to belong to any ethno-centric, racial or religious caucuses that consist of only elected officials. They should separate their personal selves from the office-holder. If they do not, justice and fairness will never be served.

I do not challenge their right to belong to any type of social group. But a group or caucus of elected officials based on race, ethnicity, whatever is harmful to the country.
    I have long felt the black caucus was a form of discrimination.

Lastly, at risk of being called a racist, just because one's name ends in"Z" does not mean one must aid and abet illegal aliens in America. And to wear the mantle of public office while doing so is an outright act of treason.

I emailed the following to the Statesman:

To the Statesman:

Your article regarding the demand for the resignation of a municipal employee prompts this response. If you are responsible journalists who believe in reporting all sides of and issue you will print this and see that Mr. Rodriguez gets a copy. If not, I will know you are just another media outlet controlled by special interests groups who will report everything with a slant to please those interests.

Mr. Rodriguez:

The underlined words in your statement "I think it's my duty, not only as a state representative but a Mexican- American, to do whatever I can to get this man to resign," are at the heart of a very serious problem facing the United States today.

Until recent years, citizens of the United States were Americans. People who immigrated here became Americans. They learned the language and became an integral part of our Nation . Even if they chose to live in communities with others of their ethnic background, they still learned English and blended into the mainstream of American life. Now, especially with the veritible flood of illegal immigrants from Mexico, this great nation is being divided and fiscally drained by people who demand "rights" but refuse to even learn English to fit in here.

You are making such a strong protest over a few words used by a minor local employee in regard to Mexicans. Where is your outrage as an American when a Mexican flag of is flown above that of the United States at a high school that is educating children who are not even in this country legally; when the Mexican flag is flown above the United States flag over businesses; when a Mexican embassy employee states (on film) that "This was Mexico, and will be again." when young Mexicans on the street, here illegally, shout "This is Mexico!" ?????? Are you an American, or are you not? Why the silence when America is being demeaned and threatened in such a way?

You, sir, should either (1) be an American or (2) be a Mexican and return to that country. YOU CANNOT BE BOTH.

If you , and others like you would be Americans and spend your time and efforts to help our country, the United States of America, become one nation, not several non-English speaking sectors, rather than pick up on every little word you consider derogatory to one ethnic group, and try to help your constituents learn respect for the country that is supporting them, we would all be better off and we would all be Americans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12