Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Crazybird...I never heard of charging for a shopping cart! Are you sure that's not in Ca??? I hope Lloyd Levine is reading this blog...we don't want to give him any more ideas.
    It is the honest to Gods truth.....it's done at Aldi's markets here. It is a poor mans grocery store and it's to make it so they don't need an additional employee to go out and retrieve carts. This is also a pack your own and bring your own bags store. They don't even bother offering empty boxes . Wouldn't bother me so much if it worked or that you knew in advance what to expect. I have put countless quarters in and have yet to get 1 back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

guys, this is a great idea for my poor state. It takes 15 years for a plastic bag to break down in a landfill.

There are so many homes that do not recylce in this state. If you contribute to our trash problem you should pay a tax.
    To a point I agree. It changes when I have to pay a tax of 10 cents on each bottle. can, bag..... and I recycle and get 2 cents per pound to turn it in and have to pay tax on that "income". I pay almost a hundred dollars a month to have 1 garbage can taken 1 time each week. It's not like I'm not already paying a fortune. I have to pay extra for large items, yard waste,( THAT i WOULD BURN MYSELF IF THERE WASN'T A LAW SAYING i CAN'T) We pay........when do we stop paying?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok alleycat...by this logic then California needs to tax the suppliers of the goods who contribute to the problem. Milk companies, cereal companies, etc etc. Where does it end? Americans are already taxed to death! If California wants to solve a problem don't do it by taxing the very people who can't even keep the state afloat financially. Solve the problem at it's root...the companies who make a killing providing the products.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat
    Sorry guys, this is a great idea for my poor state. It takes 15 years for a plastic bag to break down in a landfill.

There are so many homes that do not recylce in this state. If you contribute to our trash problem you should pay a tax.

Grocery stores give you a choice, and you can provide your own bags in other stores. I'm sure you can even take your used and saved plastic bags to use whereever you go. The point is if you ask for plastic you are going to pay for it.

As California goes, so goes the rest of the nation. Dont' forget it.
    That's the good and the bad.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

There is no debate when it comes to the importance of recycling in our state, and the need for all Californians to do our part to reduce littering.
    But Assembly Democrats have taken the push to encourage more recycling to a new extreme this week by passing a misguided proposal that will force grocery stores to charge their customers a new tax of at least 25-cents-per-bag on all the paper and plastic bags they use to take groceries home.
    This legislation has little to do with recycling, because if it did, we would not be taxed for using paper bags!

Rather, this is merely another attempt by our retarded legislators to gouge the citizens of California under the guise of
    "saving the environment," in an effort to generate additional revenue for this state.

If plastic bags are so bad, ( I realize they are) why not prohibit grocery stores from using them in the first place and institute a paper only policy(which also has negative consequences as indicated)?

When was the last time our state legislators passed anything that made sense and saved us money at the same time.

Better yet, why not ban all plastic containers and packaging instead of gouging the end consumers?

Re: What is the California plan---

Quote Originally Posted by misterbill
    What is the California plan---for your biggest plastic bag???
    Nancy Pelosi that is!!!!!!
    Dont you mean "GAS-BAG"?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Better yet, why not ban all plastic containers and packaging instead of gouging the end consumers?
    Have you experienced the new eco-friendly water bottles? Oh they are a treat......once you open it it's about as sturdy as a wet paper cup. Just trying to hold it squeezes out half the water. It's plastic but I swear it's so thin it's simply enough to just maintain a form till the air is let out by opening it. After that you are on your own. My husband still can't get the cap back on without the bottle twisting and squirting more water out. I wouldn't dare try and put it in a purse, back-pack or anything.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12