OUR NATIONAL SECURITY HAS BEEN COMPROMISED

By Michael Cutler
June 28, 2009
NewsWithViews.com

I receive news reports from a number of people including a highly placed official on Capitol Hill whom I have had the privilege of working with for more than a decade, as well as Bruce DeCell, a good friend and a founding member of 9/11 Families for a Secure America, an organization created by the families of the victims of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Before we delve into the news article http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1978609.html and the obvious success of the agents and prosecutors, I think it is extremely important to put things in perspective.

How many times have you exceeded the speed limit and not been pulled over by the police? How many times have you witnessed some prime examples of idiotic driving and were frustrated that "There are no cops around when you need them?"

I do not intend to minimize the achievements of the law enforcement officials who collaborated in this case and succeeded in the successfull prosecution of 5 outrageous criminals. What I want to make clear is that for every criminal who is arrested, there are ever so many others who go unidentified and unpunished.

I can assure you, without any equivocation, that there are many, many more individuals "out there" conspiring with aliens to enable them to commit immigration fraud and successfully game the immigration system each and every day.

I also must call your attention to a sentence that appears at the beginning of the report: http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1978609.html

Prosecutors said it was one of the most audacious immigration scams in the nation, one that resulted in hundreds of foreigners winning asylum in the United States by concocting phony claims that they were being persecuted in their homelands.

Now I ask that you consider the sentence that appeared towards the end of the article:

Meanwhile, immigration authorities must decide whether to review the cases of hundreds of immigrants who were granted asylum through the scheme.

Please stop and consider that sentence. The immigration authorities must decide whether to review the cases of the clients of the lawyers who were granted on committing fraud on a wholesale basis, running what appears to have been an assembly line?

Is this a serious question that needs to be asked?

The attorneys were just convicted of conspiring to commit immigration fraud and the authorities need to ask if they should review the cases involved?

How in blazes could this question even be asked?

Do you think that the IRS would not review all of the tax returns of an accounting firm that had been involved in large-scale conspiracies to commit tax fraud or tax evasion?

Immigration fraud is an embedding tactic of terrorists. Don't take my word for it, check out what the 9/11 Commission had to say about immigration fraud.

An extensive report was prepared by staff members of the 911 Commission that was entitled, “The 9/11 Commission Staff Report on Terrorist Travel. You can find the entire report online. http://www.9-11commission.gov/staff_sta ... ograph.pdf

Here is a passage from that report that I believe is of critical importance:

3.2 Terrorist Travel Tactics by Plot

During the 1990s, al Qaeda was either directly or indirectly involved in a number of terrorist plots in the United States that partially or totally failed. A study of these plots and how those involved in them moved about clearly indicates that foreign terrorist operatives were being planted in the United States and that foreign terrorist operations were being planned against Americans here at home.

The attempted operations were valuable to those carrying them out despite their lack of success: they gave Islamic terrorists critical operational experience in entering and “embeddingâ€