Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VisjrZXat9Q&feature=related

Look at this.
    Judge says bush will not pardon the agents cuz bush thinks they are
    GUILTY
    If I could stomach looking at him, I would watch it but I have seen all of him I can stand. He a pathetic and cruel man.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VisjrZXat9Q&feature=related

Look at this.
    Judge says bush will not pardon the agents cuz bush thinks they are
    GUILTY
    It's ok to watch, Bush isn't there. If he comes on tv I can't look at him either.

So does this mean all the other people he has pardoned were not guilty in his mind?

And even if he does feel the agents are guilty it doesn't mean he can't lessen their sentences. But perhaps Bush has something to prove to Mexico, that's what it has seemed like all along.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is no reason for Ramos and Compean to be in seperate, high security prisons. I think this was done to them in retaliation because of the public pressure. That makes them martyrs.
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

Decided to add to this thread since it is related.
    ~~~

Saturday, January 3, 2009
    SAUNDERS: Unpardonable
    Debra J. Saunders
    COMMENTARY:

If President Bush had been looking for a textbook case of a federal offender who should never win a presidential pardon, Isaac R. Toussie would fit the bill.

Toussie is the sort of amoral swell who contributed to the 2008 mortgage meltdown. In 2001, he pleaded guilty to making false statements to the Department of Housing and Urban Development. In 2002 he pleaded guilty to mail fraud in a scam to get Suffolk County, N.Y., to overpay for land.

The New York Times noted, "The name of Isaac Toussie is detested by many working-class people in the New York metropolitan area. In 2001, several hundred of them sued in Federal District Court, accusing Mr. Toussie and his father of masterminding a scheme in which inexperienced or first-time buyers were promised affordable and comfortable suburban houses but instead were sold shoddily built homes in poor neighborhoods and saddled by mortgage payments that shot up surprisingly." Newsday reports a pardon would clear the way for Toussie - who already served his five-month prison sentence - to win back his real estate license.

And the fact Toussie's father recently and uncharacteristically donated $28,500 to the Republican National Committee would taint any presidential pardon with a pay-to-play stench.

Yet on Dec. 23, as Mr. Bush was working on exiting the White House on a high note, came the pardon that never should have happened. It was then followed by a Dec. 24 announcement by Press Secretary Dana Perino that Mr. Bush was rescinding Toussie's pardon "based on information that has subsequently come to light."

Credit Mr. Bush for taking back a bad executive decision, although some experts assert that cannot be done. If Mr. Bush had done nothing, the Toussie story likely would have been buried among stories on retail sales slumps, violence in Gaza and the latest proofs of President-elect Barack Obama's impressive physique.

Mrs. Perino's statement explained that Mr. Bush granted the pardon based on the advice of the White House counsel, Fred Fielding. She also told reporters Mr. Fielding was unaware of any GOP contributions. Talk about shoddy staff work.

And you have to wonder if Mr. Fielding would have done the necessary homework if Toussie's lawyer had not been Bradford A. Berenson, a former Bush associate White House counsel.

My fear is that the negative fallout from the Toussie story will prompt Mr. Bush to issue fewer pardons and commutations. Mr. Bush has been too stingy with this power, even as the foolish inflexibility of federal mandatory minimum sentences has created many worthy recipients. Among them: Clarence Aaron, who is serving a life-without-parole sentence for a first-time nonviolent drug offense. Add Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, two Border Patrol agents sentenced to 11 years and 12 years respectively for shooting and wounding a fleeing drug smuggler in 2005 and covering up the incident.

What's the difference between Aaron, Ramos and Compean and the individuals who rated a Bush pardon or commutation? My guys aren't well connected, but they also were not career criminals. Aaron was a college student who made a serious criminal decision - and deserved to serve some prison time. Ramos and Compean covered up the questionable shooting of a fleeing drug smuggler. Yes, juries found all three men guilty, but juries had no input into their draconian sentences.

Only the president of the United States has the power to right the wrongness of their sentences. Only Mr. Bush can bring justice - for in these cases, a commutation would not bring mercy but justice - to men who have known mindless punishment without leavening proportion.

The outrage is not simply that a well-connected white, white-collar, criminal won a pardon. It also would be an outrage if Mr. Bush failed to do right by Aaron, an unconnected African-American man serving life for a first-time nonviolent offense, and two Latino Border Patrol agents who, if they did break the law, did so in the heat of the chase, not the cool of a boardroom.

http://washingtontimes.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Injured by a service revolver?

I have always found it amazing that this man, Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, who alledgedy was shot with a service revolver in the buttocks, through the spleen and with the slug lodged in his pelvic bone, did not cry out, fall down or show any indication he had been shot while escaping back to Mexico. How can that be explained?
    I do think President Bush has some other reason we are not looking at for not giving a pardon to these two agents. I know he really likes Jonny Sutton but there is something more going on here. I have been trying to figure that one out for some time.

HKTokman
    Welcome to Alipac
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    HKTokman
    Welcome to Alipac
    Good point HKTokman.

Welcome to alipac. There is so much that will be going on this year -you will find lots of information here and assistance if you are active locally.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELCOME to alipac HKTokman ...glad you have joined us hope you stay around for the fight this year!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

HKTokman, Happy New Year and welcome to Alipac. We appreciate your desire to join in to preserve this great nation and to help end illegal immigration.

I too hope that Patty Compean will receive time with the President. She has endured so much, along with her husband.

Have a great day everyone.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast