Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Paul Poses Serious Threat to Hillary Clinton in a General E

Paul Poses Serious Threat to Hillary Clinton in a General Election Match up

Larry Fester
    Published 09/12/2007 - 8:44 p.m. EDT

Analysis: The antiwar Republican congressman from Texas poses a serious threat to Hillary Clinton and potential Democratic rivals in the general election.

The presidential race has to a great extent turned into a two issue campaign, immigration and the war in Iraq. Democratic candidates are capitalizing on popular antiwar sentiments among the public but are swimming up stream by apparently supporting President Bush’s policy of turning a blind eye toward illegal immigration and unsecured borders.

Republicans running for president, unless sentiments change, are generally positioned against public opinion with their support for the war, however, they are riding the tide of public opinion when it comes to securing the borders and stopping illegal immigration and terrorists from entering the country. (Even if half of them are faking it)

Two Presidential candidates, Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul, clearly support protecting U.S. borders from illegal immigration and terrorist attacks. Both candidates have opposed President Bush’s seeming support of the Council On Foreign Relations plans to replace the United States with a North American Union by integrating North America and erasing national boundaries.

Ron Paul sets himself apart from other Republicans by being decidedly antiwar. In a general election this may actually put Paul at a decided advantage over Hillary Clinton and most of her Democratic rivals. Paul will likely steal the thunder from Clinton’s antiwar rhetoric since he voted against the Iraq war that Hillary Clinton voted for.

At least among those voters that believe the Iraq war was a mistake, including Democrats, Paul will demonstrate his foresight was better than Clinton’s.

In a general election on the issue of protecting U.S. borders, Paul would likely ride public opinion with his support for protecting U.S. borders while Clinton would be positioned against public opinion.

Paul is generally considered more credible with his popular positions on the war and immigration than his Democratic rivals.

Paul certainly isn’t the only Republican that would give Clinton a run for her money he is however, the only Republican that would be getting energized support from both Republican and the Democratic base voters.

Of course, winning the Republican primary is still an uphill battle at this point, unless of course Paul can effectively argue that he is the most likely Republican to win a general election, which only GOP primary voters can decide.

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=86752

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ilikeemallot

Ilikeemallot

Ron Paul or Tancredo for President

Hunter is there as well

but as far as that goes .... If I had a choice between an ILLEGAL ALIEN or Hillary Clinton for President ... I'd have to bow my head and vote for the Illegal Immigrant

So dont listen to me folks
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Got a bad feeling about Paul now. He's flip-flopped in the past..Hunter/Tancredo or Tancredo/Hunter is my favorite here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul: “I Believe In National Sovereigntyâ€
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

The bottom three Tancredo, Hunter and Paul in that order are my favorite. Tancredo is the most passionate,but unfortunately I don't think he can be elected, he has trouble speaking in public and that can be a detriment to him, he does great unless he is under a time constraint.

Hunter is great but I think their is to many people who don't agree with him on Iraq.

The one most people are talking about on c-span and on the net is Paul, they are looking for someone different and I think he has a good chance to win, even though the MSM ignores him, He pisses Hannity off as he has polled so well in the debates

I could see a Paul/Tancredo win, but of course it is way to early to tell, I am still hoping a Night in shinning armor comes in as an Indepentant and saves America with an overwhelming approval from the public.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)