Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pelosi: Dems may sacrifice path to citizenship for illegals.

This comes from a pro-amnesty website which is pissed with Pelosi's commenting that amnesty may be a priority that will be sacrificed due to the economy.

Nancy Pelosi Proves that Dems Aren't Immigrant Friendly Either
    09:00 H | Topics: Immigration - Politics

Still think that electoral politics is going to solve the immigration issue? Or that being a Democrat means a magic answer to save Latinos once we, as a sleeping giant that everyone keeps talking about, vote? Gracias to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who is keeping it real by stepping away from offering a path to citizenship to immigrants.

…Pelosi also said Congress would have to tackle the politically sticky job of overhauling immigration laws in the new Congress, after a bipartisan measure collapsed last year.

The estimated 12 million immigrants in the U.S. illegally "are part of the U.S. economy. We cannot send them all home, and we cannot send them all to jail, so we have to address it," Pelosi said.

Any solution would have to be bipartisan, she said, so it may require sacrificing some of Democrats' past priorities, such as giving illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.

"Maybe there never is a path to citizenship if you came here illegally," Pelosi said. "I would hope that there could be, but maybe there isn't."

What's with this maybe business all of a sudden? Maybe now the Dems are telling the truth, that they never intended for there to be a path to citizenship or any sort of recognized status? Maybe it's easier to keep millions of people and their families struggling in underground economies, living in neighborhoods that that are third world nations within this first world nation until ICE catches and deports those that survive horrific prison conditions?

It's so convenient for the politicos and their reps in the mainstream media to blow smoke up out collective Latino asses and make us feel important, when already they are planning on backing out of promises even before your vote is cast.

Remember that on November 4th.

http://vivirlatino.com/2008/10/23/nancy ... either.php

I heard her recently say something very similar.

Wonder where and when she said that.

The Bologna muders must have been a wake up call for her.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nancy Pelosi comes from Sanctuary City loving San Fran. She hasn't met or provided free health care, education, welfare, food stamps or any other "freebie" to any illegal alien that she did not love.

If she said these things she did so because people are still so freakin angry over bailing out (i.e.thru hard earned tax dollars on the backs of the "working class of Wall Street) and also the new "enlightenment" by over 6 million small business owners, like Joe the Plumber, that Obama is going to "raise taxes".

People are sick and tired of working 60 to 80 hour work weeks, so that others sit on their as...... getting free care that hard working Americans don't get.

Living in Southern CA - I see it every single day. In Los Angeles County alone, in the month of August (one month only) tax payers paid 43 million for free food stamps and welfare (just those two services, does not include education, or health care).

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaragosia is one of three men that gutted Prop 187, the law that was overwhelming voted into law, in CA in 1994 that would prevent illegal aliens from getting benefits. The other two men were CA Democratic Chairman Art Torres, and ex-Gov Gray Davis.
    Gray Davis was "recalled".

Here is what Art Torres says:
    Message from California Democratic Party Chairman Art Torres:
    The last gasp of white America understand that, and people say to me on the Senate floor, when I was in the Senate - why do you fight so hard for affirmative action programs, and I tell my white colleagues, because you are going to need them.

Mayor Antonio Villaragosia: "It is not enough to elect Latino Leadership, if their supporting legislation that denies the undocumented they don't belong in office friend, they don't belong here" "We are millions, we just have to survive, we have an aging white America, they are not making babies, they are dying, it is a matter of time, the explosion is in our population"

I would speculate that many illegal immigrants would be pleased if they were amnestied and able to stay and work, even if they weren't technically allowed to become citizens. In other words, IAs could still be rewarded with mass amnesty (i.e., legal status) even if they didn't get a "path to citizenship." This would still be terrible public policy and I'm not buying it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I would speculate that many illegal immigrants would be pleased if they were amnestied and able to stay and work, even if they weren't technically allowed to become citizens. In other words, IAs could still be rewarded with mass amnesty (i.e., legal status) even if they didn't get a "path to citizenship." This would still be terrible public policy and I'm not buying it.
    Still, this indicates that Pelosi can read the polls and knows that Americans will not support a "path to citizenship" for millions of illegals during a recesion. The fact that she admited it to the L.A. Times is progress for our side.

20 million

Why do they always come up with the stupid comment that we can deport them all and the bogus 12 million number.
    First if they took away the jobs ,welfare and started to deport a small minority of them , most others would leave. Then we could concentrate on deporting what left over.
    20 million is much closer to the real number and everyone knows it.
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

build

Build the wall on the border with a swimming pool-like slide on the top and a one-way doggy door at the bottom. In front of the slide is a false door that reads "Apply for amnesty here"

How different our country would be if our elected officials

lived on the national average income and
    had to live in our neighborhoods,
    send their own children to fight our wars,
    sent them to our hospitals infested with IAs and their diseases,
    send their kids to our schools so their kids can get dumbed down by all the attention IAs get, etc., etc., etc.

Mayor Antonio Villaragosia: "It is not enough to elect Latino Leadership, if their supporting legislation that denies the undocumented they don't belong in office friend, they don't belong here" "We are millions, we just have to survive, we have an aging white America, they are not making babies, they are dying, it is a matter of time, the explosion is in our population"

How does this man remain in office. This is treason to suggest that illegals take over our wonderful country by multiplying like rabbits.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Any solution would have to be bipartisan, she said, so it may require sacrificing some of Democrats' past priorities, such as giving illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.

"Maybe there never is a path to citizenship if you came here illegally," Pelosi said. "I would hope that there could be, but maybe there isn't."

and what's the message here? Amnesty is not a high priority for the Obama Administration, and i'm not surprised at all given the economic climate.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    And that would be the final nail in this country's coffin.
    <div>
    </div>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast