Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Phoenix Reverses Immigration Enforcement Policy

Phoenix reverses immigration enforcement policy

Paul Giblin, Tribune

Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon says he will ask a blue-ribbon panel of former top federal and state law officials to craft a new policy for the Phoenix Police Department that would allow local officers to apprehend illegal immigrants and notify immigration officials if they detain undocumented immigrants.

Gordon has enlisted the aid of former U.S. attorneys Paul Charlton and Jose Rivera, former state Attorney General Grant Woods and former Maricpoa County Attorney Rick Romley to come up with a new policy.

Currently, the police department operates under a rule that prohibits officers from enforcing immigration laws. The Phoenix police union has recently asked the department to change the policy.

Gordon made the announcement at a news conference this afternoon. In a statement issued shortly before the press conference began, Gordon said the department’s current policy was written years ago and does not take into account today’s public safety, social and political concerns.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/103316
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well well that sounds good, do you think the famous sheriff from there is making the rest of them look bad Something tells me he is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!!! 12/3
    HELP STOP "NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNITY COLLEGES" FROM ADMITTING ILLEGALS !!(This could come to your community college next)
    WATCH VIDEO!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zxJZBecp_0
    ACTION THREAD( Instructions @ contact information)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-92808.html
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC Please Contribute!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    It would seem that way. I am assuming the citizens have had a belly full of these corrupt politicians
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

December 4, 2007
    Phoenix Mayor Shifts on Officers’ Asking for Immigration Status
    By RANDAL C. ARCHIBOLD
    LOS ANGELES, Dec. 3 — Under pressure from advocates for stricter immigration laws, the mayor of Phoenix said on Monday that he no longer backed a Police Department order barring officers from routinely asking the immigration status of people it arrested and announced a panel to study a policy change.

A spokesman for Mayor Phil Gordon, Scott Phelps, said the policy was “written for another timeâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

its about time, you would have thought they would have done it sooner before losing two policemen in the past few months

May the City of Phoenix take back it's City and receive all the enforcement they can from all levels. Backing DHS & ICE will allow them to move forward in fighting the problems that the illegals bring about.

Anybody know if there's a fund set up for the children of this officer? Not that Christmas is just around the corner but this family deserves to know that we support them as they move forward with their lives. I'm sure it will be a sad Christmas for all of them.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

I think that city officials see this country is sitting on a powder keg. I don't want law-abiding American citizens taking things into their own hands. It seems inevitable if the law enforcement officials themselves don't do something. I guess Texas is getting real close down there according the the director of the movie "The Border".

Please let this attitude come to NYC.

What about Texas? I haven't heard anything encouraging - LE wise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast