Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Roland Martin is on Lou Dobbs defending Obama. Martin says Obama told the truth. He says Obama should not apologize for his comments. I hope Obama pays dearly for his comments.
    I just watched that. Someone should tell that big mouth Roland Martin that it's not immigrants were are angry about. It's illegal immigrants.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Michael Goodwin (on Dobbs)

"In think this is a disaster for Obama and he'll have to apologize"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Geez, someone pinch me. Ralph Nader is looking better all the time...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Michael Goodwin (on Dobbs)

"In think this is a disaster for Obama and he'll have to apologize"
    So Micheal Goodwin believes Obama can remedy a disaster by simply apologizing?

I wonder how many "disasters" Obama is going to be allowed to get away with from those who support him and from a MSM that apparently doesn't want to challenge him on much of anything.

This insult will be remembered at election time. Maybe fed and state aid to cities should be redirected to small towns. After all these cities are filled with benefit grabbing illegal aliens. Perhaps the money can be used to attract employers to the towns who have lost an employer to China or Mexico.

In NJ small towns are having state municipal aid cut while enormous aid is directed to cities to fund new schools and free daycare for illegal aliens.

Does Obama think we should be smiling. York Peppermint Patties is closing and moving to Mexico. Let's have a party!!

« Obama Explains Why Some Small Town Pennsylvanians Are "Bitter" | Main | Speaking of Small Towns... »

McCain, Clinton Bash Obama's "Small Town" Comments; Obama Campaign Responds
    April 11, 2008 6:53 PM

"Barack Obama apparently believes that for Americans less privileged than him, religion is an economic-based and not faith-based condition," Mark Salter, a senior campaign adviser for Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., tells ABC News.

"It is hardly news that Senator Obama's 'new' approach to politics is based on the presumption that voters are easily fooled," Salter continues, "but the arrogance and elitism he shows here is truly astonishing, and very revealing about how he would govern this country."

Salter was reacting to Obama's comments about the "bitter"ness of small town Pennsylvanians who then cling to their guns, or religion.

In Philly, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, implies that Obama "looks down on" these small town Pennsylvanians.

"I saw in the media it's being reported that my opponent said that the people of Pennsylvania who faced hard times are bitter," Clinton said this afternoon. "Well, that's not my experience. As I travel around Pennsylvania, I meet people who are resilient, who are optimistic, who are positive, who are rolling up their sleeves. They are working hard everyday for a better future, for themselves and their children.

“Pennsylvanians don't need a president who looks down on them, they need a president who stands up for them, who fights for them, who works hard for your futures, your jobs, your families."

McCain adviser Steve Schmidt called Obama's thoughts on small town Pennsylvanians a "remarkable statement and extremely revealing...It shows an elitism and condescension towards hardworking Americans that is nothing short of breathtaking. It is hard to imagine someone running for president who is more out of touch with average Americans."

The Obama campaign sent out spokesman Tommy Vietor to respond, saying, "Senator Obama has said many times in this campaign that Americans are understandably upset with their leaders in Washington for saying anything to win elections while failing to stand up to the special interests and fight for an economic agenda that will bring jobs and opportunity back to struggling communities. And if John McCain wants a debate about who's out of touch with the American people, we can start by talking about the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans that he once said offended his conscience but now wants to make permanent."

I'm not sure that's going to be enough, Tommy.

It is a very difficult comment to explain -- for attendees at a San Francisco fundraiser, Obama described small town Pennsylvanians who "fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

The Huffington Post first reported the story; you can listen to the audio here.

The National Republican Congressional Committee has sent out an email attacking Rep. Chris Carney, D-Penn., who comes from Northeast Pennsylvania, who has not endorsed either Clinton or Obama.

“It’s time for Congressman Chris Carney to step up and denounce Barack Obama’s condescending attitude about families who live in small towns and who hold a viewpoint other than Obama’s,â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

MW
    PhredE wrote:

Geez, someone pinch me. Ralph Nader is looking better all the time...
    In my eyes, not even Obama can can make Nadar more interesting. They, along with the Hildabeast & McCain, are all a lost cause.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Anti-immigrant sentiment? So, apparently illegals are grabbing the jobs there, too, and Obama chastises the people for having an anti-immigrant sentiment? This man does not have a clue, just like the other candidates. If you complain about what the illegals are doing to this country, you're automatically labelled as anti-immigrant? Give me a constitiutional break!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Its on Hannity & Holmes tonight.

Obama has insulted a large majority of Americans!

All the candidates are louses - Obama takes the lead. So far.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have a problem with your guest

Hi Lou,

I love you and your show….You I feel like most your round-table guests are Americans who are honest, forthright and for the middle class..

But I have a problem with your guest Roland who always takes the position on obama with excuses for his behavior and rhetoric and said that the news will more or less be accepted in the way people like him spin it..."people may not like the truth but obama spoke the truth and (Roland) SAID I wouldn't apologize."
    What I find questionable is Roland's predictable opinion where black people are concerned and his also predictable opinion where white people are concerned, two different set of values.

Spin this...Roland …If obama felt that was the truth, why didn't he say it directly to the PA's Small town citizens?

The truth as I see it….

Americans have the right and reason to be bitter towards illegal immigration, lawlessness, abusive treaty agreements, corruption and the miss-use of our tax dollars for all these injustices. Nothing will be done until some political family member's suffer at the hands of illegal aliens.

For obama to say: PA's Small town people are bitter and cling to their guns, religion and therefore are prejudice as an excuse for their problems isn't only disingenuous but despicable, elitist, undermining, contemptible and hypocritical.

Let's out-source some of these commentators' jobs so they won't act and espouse stupid divisive comments.

Also out-source some Senators' jobs, so they no longer make $165,000 for showing up 200 days out of 365 and let them be out of work for 6 months to a year (without money) with a family and bills to pay, HOW BITTER WOULD THEY BE?

My thought is… if elected and appointed representatives of Americans aren't listening. …Their jobs should be missing…
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast