Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexicans' cash sent home drying up
    along with work
    Immigrants' remittances drop for the first time
    By JENALIA MORENO and SUSAN CARROLL
    Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    Jan. 27, 2009, 10:08PM

Graphic: Locations of new border checkpoints More
    Complete coverage of immigration issues Freddy Arroyo returned to his home in the village of La Parota, Michoacán, two weeks ago, penniless.

The Mexico native spent months scrapping for work at Houston’s day labor sites, trying to save money to send back to his wife, who was nearly nine months pregnant when he left home.

He stuck it out in Houston after his daughter was born last spring, hoping to find work painting houses, but gave up this month and headed home.

“He came back because there was no work,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why doesn't Arnold use some of those muscles in his head to do some thinking? He wants to raise taxes on California's citizens but not on the illegals and their remittances? How come? If he imposed a 10% tax on the remittances they send home that would bring in about 2 billion. Why is it okay to raise the sales tax in L A county to 10%?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mexico, unfortunately, is largely a parasitic nation, which is unfortunate considering all the resources that country has.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Economy
    A state with abundant natural resources, Michoacan is one of Mexico's main producers of agricultural products. Mining is also a leading industry in the state, with significant production of gold, silver, zinc, and iron. Steel industry production is the largest in the country. Lazaro Cardenas port is a large and important one for containers.

Other important economical activities in Michoacán include the energy industries, as well as tourism and art gatherings like expositions, ancient and contemporary theatrical shows and film festivals. Every year in the month of October Morelia hosts an international film festival, which is rapidly growing to become of the top festivals in the whole country and which features international film stars such as Gael Garcia, Diego Luna and Martha Higareda.
    Aroyo does not come from a poor area of mexico. Very fertile fields and lots of work. The one thing they don't have that we do is WELFARE programs. Quick your whining, stop having kids and make wifey get a job too!
    "

[b]“So far, I haven’t been able to save anything,â€

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The remittance money all too often has gone to enabling farm families to buy packaged food instead of farm improvements. If their money had been properly spent it would not cause these problems when the remittance flow went down because Mexican village production would be up instead of down.
    I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THEM BEING ABLE TO SEND MONEY HOME. THEY ARE SENDING MONEY HOME FROM JOBS THAT THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LEGAL CITIZENS. THEY ARE THE ONES WITH JOBS SOME OF THEM AND ITS THE AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO ARE OUT OF WORK. WHATS RIGHT ABOUT THAT? SO YOU SEE IT WOULDN'T MATTER TO ME IF THEY NEVER SENT ANOTHER PENNY TO MEXICO. MEXICO IS GETTING MONEY FROM THE U.S. LEFT AND RIGHT AND THEN THEY HAVE GOT THE NERVE TO DEMAND MORE MONEY FROM THE U.S. TO FIGHT THEIR PROBLEM. THIS IS A BUNCH OF BS. I WISH THEY WOULD ALL GO HOME AND ANY JOBS THAT MIGHT BE CREATED SHOULD ONLY GO TO AMERICANS AND THOSE WHO PLAYED BY THE RULES

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Where are the stories of American workers with hungry babies crying in the background as they beg their mortgage banks for mercy unable to meet the required taxes and interest payments?

The attention is always externalized toward people suffering in other nations instead of Americans that are falling down like flies in a sealed jar.

Why are these human interest sob stories always about others and not Americans?

The American dream is circling the bowl on the way down and they want to transfix us with concern about others instead of our own people!

W
    I WISH I KNEW WHAT THE ANSWER TO THAT ONE WOULD BE. THERE HAVE BEEN HUNGRY AMERICANS LONG BEFORE THE ECONOMY TOOK A NOSE DIVE. BUT THE PEOPLE WE ELECT AND SEND TO WASHINGTON ARE ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT THOSE OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND THOSE WHO ARE HERE ILLEGALLY. JUST LOOK AROUND AT THE HOMELESS AND THE HUNGRY CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. I SAY LET MEXICO AND THE REST TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN PROBLEMS. AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR HUNGRY AND HOMELESS CITIZENS.

"They sent $100, and this is all we have left," he said, holding up a cardboard box of dwindling beans and rice bought with the last money wire. "I don't have enough to eat. I'm scared."

My 6 year old can grow beans, easily, in the dried up dirt we have here in Tucson. She learned how at age 2 1/2 in daycare, so how hard could it be?
    She digs a little hole, throws in a pinto bean (the dried kind that come in bags, of which you can get hundreds for 99 cents), cover it with dirt, or not (she's 6 and spills alot, but even the ones just thrown on the ground will grow with a little water) and in a few months, she has big pinto bean plants, which then get white flowers, and voila, hundreds of beans on each plant.
    I don't know how to grow rice but growing beans, in AZ or in Mexico, is easy. Maybe they should try it.

[b]“Everyone says the same thing, that there’s no work. If there’s no work, there’s no point being there,â€
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast