Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Republicans shredding their registration cards in Arizona!

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.22.2007
    advertisementPHOENIX ¡ª

The head of the Arizona Republican Party launched
    criticism Monday at a U.S. Senate immigration compromise bill, saying the
    party base is "incensed" by the deal and, particularly, by Sen. Jon Kyl's
    involvement in drafting it.

"We have people coming in every day, tearing up their registration cards and throwing them on the floor, or coming in and changing their registration from Republican to independent," said party Chairman Randy Pullen during a press conference at the state headquarters in Phoenix.

Pullen held up what he called a "graphic" representation of how Republicans feel. It was a drawing of a hand with the middle finger pointing up and highlighted.

"This is basically the outlook that many of our party faithful are feeling
    right now about the Republican Party," he said.

Kyl defended his stance on the Senate floor, referencing criticisms from his Arizona constituents, noting in a chamber now controlled by the Democrats that it's necessary to work with them to get things done.

Kyl's involvement in the compromise - he was a lead negotiator in the deal and has defended it on the national stage - has exacerbated conservative border activists' ire over the proposal.

"He understands that the party base is unhappy with it," Pullen said of Kyl.
    "He also understands that a lot of that unhappiness is with him and where he is on this issue."

While Pullen said criticism has also been directed at Sen. John McCain -
    someone accustomed to ruffling the right-wing base - Kyl's prominent role has drawn most of the fire his way.

Pullen isn't the only Arizona Republican taking aim at the bill. Former U.S.
    Rep. J.D. Hayworth, who lost his congressional seat in November, appeared Monday on the Fox News Channel to criticize the bill.

Kyl, whose Washington staff did not return late-afternoon phone calls, has
    said while he doesn't like every aspect of the bill, with Democrats now
    controlling Congress, the legislation is the best opportunity for action on
    immigration.

He reiterated that position Monday on the Senate floor, stating: "Of all of
    the criticism that I have received for being one of the sponsors of this
    legislation, the one that I don't quite understand from my constituents is,
    why would I sit down with Sen. (Ted) Kennedy," Kyl said, according to a
    transcript provided by his office.

"And what I've tried to tell them is, I understand your anxiety about
    sitting down with Sen. Kennedy, but on the other hand, in a body of 100
    senators that are supposed to try to work together to find solutions to
    problems, do you not at least acknowledge that every now and then you have to sit down and talk to each other, even when you're on the other side of the aisle?"

But Pullen and others in the conservative wing of the party think the bill
    amounts to amnesty, since illegal immigrants will be allowed to remain in
    the country if they pay fees, $5,000 in fines and the head of the household returns to his or her home country to apply for citizenship.

Pullen said the bill is "10 percent Republican and 90 percent Ted Kennedy."

Nevertheless, the issue has divided pro-business Republicans from border
    activists in the party.

Margaret Kenski, a Southern Arizona Republican strategist who has worked for Kyl, said the plan divides both parties.

"I think we're seeing a real bipartisan effort to solve a problem that
    bothers a lot of us, and in the process, not everyone got what they wanted," she said. "In the long run, I have a hard time seeing the core Republicans voting for Democrats because they are unhappy with the compromise."

Democratic Party Chairman David Waid said although he would have preferred for Kyl to have been an advocate for comprehensive overhaul during his campaign last year against Democrat Jim Pederson, Waid defended Kyl's support for the Senate bill.

"He's come around to a position that is in the best interest of the people
    of Arizona," Waid said. "The inflexible, complete partisan approach doesn't work."

Contact reporter Daniel Scarpinato at 307-4339 or
    dscarpinato@azstarnet.com.

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/184151
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Going Democrat is no way to go. And simply because there are a few reps out there disguised as liberal democrats (Kyl, Mclamebrain just to name a few) do not truly represent the Rep party.

Here's my message, keep your Rep registration cards and vote for Ron Paul!

If you go dem, do you seriously think BILLARY or Obama will do anything about illegal immigration? Oh most certainly they will, they will follow kennedy's lead and hand out citizenship cards to destroy this nation.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    sippy wrote:

If you go dem, do you seriously think BILLARY or Obama will do anything about illegal immigration? Oh most certainly they will, they will follow kennedy's lead and hand out citizenship cards to destroy this nation.
    How true. Unfortunately, sipply, a lot of people fail to realize that. Folks, our only real chance to turn this latest attempt at amnesty rest with the Republican party. It'll definitely be easier to get what we need from them. It's well established that the Democrat majority are a lost cause.

sippy wrote:

Here's my message, keep your Rep registration cards and vote for Ron Paul!
    I say the same thing, but my first choice is Duncan Hunter. Let me ask this, how many Democrat presidential candidates will not support an amnesty? Let me answer that for you, none. At least we have three Republican candidates that will stand with us in our fight against amnesty. Changing your party affiliation will serve no purpose. Honestly, I doubt immigration is the issue that brought most of us to the Republican Party in the first place. With that said, immigration is the number one issue with most of us and the current emotions being expressed against the Republican politicians on the issue are completely understandable, especially in view of the high powered traitors we have in the party. Perhaps our cause would be better served if we directed our anger specifically at those we feel have let us down, not the whole party. My recommendation, don't change your party affiliation while in an emotional state - wait and see how this thing shakes out. Just my opinion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kyl, said the plan divides both parties.
    "I think we're seeing a real bipartisan effort to solve a problem that
    bothers a lot of us, and in the process, not everyone got what they wanted,"
    she said. "In the long run, I have a hard time seeing the core Republicans
    voting for Democrats because they are unhappy with the compromise."
    I think you better get some new glasses then bud, cause many of the VOTING Americans are upgrading their bi-focals and looking more closely at traitors like you! Take notice all you criminal politicians: Formerly disconnected citizens like myself are keeping scorecards on your voting record and paying NO HEED to your lip service! Party affiliation is of no importance when considering the survival of a nation, and I for one intend for my descendents to live as Americans! Take that promise to your special interest and foreign born task masters, and tell them if I can't find an honest man with integrity to vote for I'll give up my career and run myself! What do you say America? More lawyer scumbags in Washington, or honest, hardworking citizens who love their country and have the common sense God intended and the will to use it?

April
    He understands that the party base is unhappy with it," Pullen said of Kyl.
    "He also understands that a lot of that unhappiness is with him and where he is on this issue
    ....But he could care less and is doggedly determined to send our country to its demise. There are alot of Americans that are out here Senator Kyl that are as mad as hell and ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

JAK
    I for one intend for my descendents to live as Americans! Take that promise to your special interest and foreign born task masters, and tell them if I can't find an honest man with integrity to vote for I'll give up my career and run myself! What do you say America? More lawyer scumbags in Washington, or honest, hardworking citizens who love their country and have the common sense God intended and the will to use it?
    ........AND MILLIONS OF US WILL VOTE FOR HIM!!!!

we are sick and tired of the same sorry excuses that hold public office!

honest, hardworking citizens who love their country and have the common sense God intended and the will to use it
    These are the ones we need in our government...those who cannot be bought, but are looking to serve their country....FOR THE LOVE OF COUNTRY...and it's citizens!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

What I heard about this is they tore up there cards and registered indpendant , I don't think that they are happy with either party.

They also said that 42 per cent of registered voters right now in the U.S. is registered Independant, evidentily alot of voter are trying to send a message, or just damn mad.

I guess in some states you have to be registered by party, here in Idaho you don't , just have to show a drivers license or picture ID and a recent utility bill for residency.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Lou Dobbs today reported there are now more Independent registered voters than either Reps or Dem.

People are fed up with both parties for good reasons.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JAK
    The only reason I haven't changed is Tom Tancredo!!

Or I would have already changed!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast