Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I called today too and spoke with the Secretary...I told her that many Hispanic Americans don't believe in these types of "advisory" boards b/c it's just divisive and the state has no business forming special commissions based on ethnicity or race to address issues that are of universal concern to all legal constituents. If there are concerns or issues regarding poverty, jobs, economic opportunities, business investment, education and health care...that should be addressed for all constitituents. She was happy to hear that and told me she had written most of it down to pass on ...she mentioned that she was keeping tally of the calls she was receiving.

Thanks for calling everyone. When I've called, the governor's staff has always been pleasant.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: RI = Hispanic advisers resign to protest R.I. governor

Quote Originally Posted by FedUpinFarmersBranch
    R.I.
    Hispanic advisers resign to protest R.I. governor
    By Ray Henry
    Associated Press Writer / August 14, 2008
    PROVIDENCE, R.I.—Eight people serving on Gov. Don Carcieri's Commission on Hispanic Affairs have resigned to protest Carcieri's immigration crackdown in Rhode Island.
    In computer science it goes by the acronym GIGO: "Garbage In Garbage Out"

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Eight people serving on Gov. Don Carcieri's Commission on Hispanic Affairs have resigned to protest Carcieri's immigration crackdown in Rhode Island.
    YA-HOOEY! Replace the 8 with some real Americans who REALLY want to uphold and obey immigration laws.

To the 8 who resigned - see ya!

I say see ya too and go back to Mejico where your TRUE loyalty apparently lies. I am going to contact this governor too and give him my support too!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234