Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rick Santorum accuses Ted Cruz of supporting ‘amnesty’ for illegal immigrants

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rick Santorum accuses Ted Cruz of supporting ‘amnesty’ for illegal immigrants

By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Friday, September 25, 2015

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum vowed Friday to pursue immigration policies that protect American workers, while warning voters that some of his GOP rivals have embraced a much softer approach to the issue.

Mr. Santorum, the runner-up in the 2012 Republican nomination battle, urged the crowd that converged on a hotel in Washington, D.C., for the annual Values Voter Summit to recognize that a couple of the speakers before him — Sens. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz — have previously supported “amnesty” for illegal immigrants.

“You have a lot of people that come up here and talk about how tough they are, but they actually support amnesty. The speaker just before me running for president, he will tell you how tough he is,” Mr. Santorum said, alluding to Mr. Cruz. “He offered an amendment to allow people to stay in this country indefinitely. To me, that is amnesty.”

Mr. Santorum has struggled to gain a foothold in national polling and is running near the back of the pack.

With that as a backdrop, the 57-year-old has staked a lot in the immigration debate.

He also has touted the conservative record he compiled in Congress, including authoring legislation aimed at changing the leadership of the Iranian government.

Mr. Santorum served in the House from 1991 to 1995 and in the Senate from 1995 to 2007 when he lost his re-election bid to Democrat Bob Casey Jr. by a 59 percent to 41 percent margin.

But Mr. Santorum did not get the answer here Friday he was looking for when he asked the crowd who they will trust and who they think has the vision to lead the nation.

“Ted Cruz!” someone shouted.

Mr. Santorum countered that if people support misguided immigration policies, than Mr. Cruz could be their choice, but said he would move in a different direction by adopting immigration policies that will defend the American worker.

“If you want policies that are going to work for the working women and men in this country who want someone to stand for them, against Wall Street, against the big employers that want cheaper labor in this country, then you’ve got one choice, and it’s not a bad choice,” Mr. Santorum said, alluding to himself. “It is a choice you can trust on the issues you care about at a time when we need strong leadership to put this country back on the right track.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ting-amnesty-/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh Good, Santorum can boot Cruz so Trump won't have to!

Excellent.

Way to Go Santorum!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Rick Santorum would be my #1 choice for President of the United States right now. However, that isn't likely to happen since he is now polling at or very near the bottom. Mr. Santorum has always been mister consistent on the immigration issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would probably support a Trump/Santorum card. I do not think that I can fully support Trump until I know something of his running mate. Trump cooled my jets quite a bit when selling out to Priebus, obviously not getting any return support from Priebus. Mr. Tough Guy looked very soft.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I would probably support a Trump/Santorum card. I do not think that I can fully support Trump until I know something of his running mate. Trump cooled my jets quite a bit when selling out to Priebus, obviously not getting any return support from Priebus. Mr. Tough Guy looked very soft.
    Well, take a look at these free trade votes by Santorum when he was in the Senate:

Rick Santorum on Free Trade

Click here for 15 full quotes on Free Trade OR other candidates on Free Trade OR background on Free Trade.

Think about the people that free trade effects. (Apr 2014)
    I'm for making US more competitive than China. (Oct 2011)
    1993: Voted against NAFTA because it hurt PA industries. (Jun 2011)
    Voted YES on free trade agreement with Oman. (Jun 2006)
    Voted YES on implementing CAFTA for Central America free-trade. (Jul 2005)
    Voted YES on establishing free trade between US & Singapore. (Jul 2003)
    Voted YES on establishing free trade between the US and Chile. (Jul 2003)
    Voted YES on extending free trade to Andean nations. (May 2002)
    Voted YES on granting normal trade relations status to Vietnam. (Oct 2001)
    Voted YES on removing common goods from national security export rules. (Sep 2001)
    Voted YES on permanent normal trade relations with China. (Sep 2000)
    Voted YES on expanding trade to the third world. (May 2000)
    Voted YES on renewing 'fast track' presidential trade authority. (Nov 1997)
    Voted YES on imposing trade sanctions on Japan for closed market. (May 1995)
    Rated 100% by CATO, indicating a pro-free trade voting record. (Dec 2002)

http://www.ontheissues.org/Rick_Santorum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Well, take a look at these free trade votes by Santorum when he was in the Senate:

Rick Santorum on Free Trade

Click here for 15 full quotes on Free Trade OR other candidates on Free Trade OR background on Free Trade.

Think about the people that free trade effects. (Apr 2014)
    I'm for making US more competitive than China. (Oct 2011)
    1993: Voted against NAFTA because it hurt PA industries. (Jun 2011)
    Voted YES on free trade agreement with Oman. (Jun 2006)
    Voted YES on implementing CAFTA for Central America free-trade. (Jul 2005)
    Voted YES on establishing free trade between US & Singapore. (Jul 2003)
    Voted YES on establishing free trade between the US and Chile. (Jul 2003)
    Voted YES on extending free trade to Andean nations. (May 2002)
    Voted YES on granting normal trade relations status to Vietnam. (Oct 2001)
    Voted YES on removing common goods from national security export rules. (Sep 2001)
    Voted YES on permanent normal trade relations with China. (Sep 2000)
    Voted YES on expanding trade to the third world. (May 2000)
    Voted YES on renewing 'fast track' presidential trade authority. (Nov 1997)
    Voted YES on imposing trade sanctions on Japan for closed market. (May 1995)
    Rated 100% by CATO, indicating a pro-free trade voting record. (Dec 2002)

As presiding officer over the Senate how many votes would actually come his way, only have a tie breaker. But, he would have knowledge of "walking in the halls of Congress" to solicit support that Trump does not have. We have to consider, "Mr. tough Guy looked very soft."added sentence
    Last edited by kevinssdad; 09-25-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added sentence

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    As presiding officer over the Senate how many votes would actually come his way, only have a tie breaker. But, he would have knowledge of "walking in the halls of Congress" to solicit support that Trump does not have. We have to consider, "Mr. tough Guy looked very soft."added sentence
    You're kidding right? You want a Vice President who sold out our country to free trade treason, cost tens of millions of Americans their jobs, benefits and retirements?!

Why not someone who is opposed to free trade treason like Trump is?! If I were running for President I would never select someone for Vice President who disagreed with my basic platform to make America great again. No one is supporting Santorum, there's reasons for that, trade high among them and also his extremist pro-life stance that wants to deny rape victims a right to an abortion.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You're kidding right? You want a Vice President who sold out our country to free trade treason, cost tens of millions of Americans their jobs, benefits and retirements?!

Why not someone who is opposed to free trade treason like Trump is?! If I were running for President I would never select someone for Vice President who disagreed with my basic platform to make America great again. No one is supporting Santorum, there's reasons for that, trade high among them and also his extremist pro-life stance that wants to deny rape victims a right to an abortion.
    Well, at least it can never be said that Rick Santorum supported an illegal immigrant amnesty! With maybe the exception of Cruz, who happens to have other problems in the immigration arena, that can't be said of any other candidate.

Who really knows what kind of record Trump would have if he had served in the U.S. Congress. Remember, up until recently he was a Democrat and he has a record of supporting liberals and liberal agendas in the past. Cherry picking your arguments against various candidates doesn't really wash because the last perfect person in the world walked on water. I know of no living being that can do that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rick Santorum on Abortion
    Click here for 27 full quotes on Abortion OR other candidates on Abortion OR background on Abortion.

Roe v. Wade was a rogue decision, not settled law. (Aug 2015)
    Pushed legislation to protect the unborn. (May 2015)

In partial birth abortion, doctor kills baby after delivery. (Feb 2015)
    Gingrich's abortion stances compared to Santorum's. (Jan 2012)
    States have the right to ban contraception, but shouldn't. (Jan 2012)
    No abortions even in cases of rape; one violence is enough. (Aug 2011)
    I've not only taken the pledge; I've taken the bullets. (Jun 2011)
    FactCheck: Under 1/4 of pregnancies end in abortion, not 1/3. (May 2011)
    FactCheck: No, female suicide & crime not worse under Roe. (Feb 2011)
    Plan B morning-after pill is abortion, and dangerous. (Sep 2006)
    Exception for rape & incest ok, even though they take a life. (Sep 2006)
    Partial birth abortion is not used only for abnormalities. (Apr 2006)
    Scientifically, an embryo is human from moment of conception. (Apr 2006)
    93% of abortions are post-conception birth control. (Apr 2006)
    Partial birth abortion allows killing baby if only toe is in. (Apr 2006)
    There is no federal right to privacy. (Apr 2003)
    Responsible stem cell research doesn't destroy embryos. (Aug 2001)
    Protect any child born alive from botched abortion. (Jun 2001)
    Partial birth abortion should shock your conscience. (Dec 1995)
    Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
    Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
    Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
    Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
    Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
    Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 199
    Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
    Supports the Pro-life Presidential Leadership Pledge. (Jan 2012)

And people wonder why the world has an overpopulation problem? People like Rick Santorum is why, men who think they can control women and therefore control the world. Problem is: they're stupid and don't have the money to put where there mouths are.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Well, at least it can never be said that Rick Santorum supported an illegal immigrant amnesty! With maybe the exception of Cruz, who happens to have other problems in the immigration arena, that can't be said of any other candidate.

Who really knows what kind of record Trump would have if he had served in the U.S. Congress. Remember, up until recently he was a Democrat and he has a record of supporting liberals and liberal agendas in the past. Cherry picking your arguments against various candidates doesn't really wash because the last perfect person in the world walked on water. I know of no living being that can do that.
    Hopefully Santorum will stay in long enough to make it to a North Carolina ballot and you can vote for him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast