Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rivera: Rush Limbaugh 'Dean' of 'Nativist Reaction'

Geraldo Rivera: Rush Limbaugh 'Dean' of 'Nativist Reaction'
    By Justin McCarthy | March 3, 2008 - 13:27 ET

According to Geraldo Rivera, Rush Limbaugh is "the dean of the academy" of a "nativist reaction" and "the most savage talk radio campaign every in history." Appearing on the March 3 edition of "The View," the Fox News correspondent promoted to his book, "His Panic: Why Americans Fear Hispanics in the U.S." Rivera also said McCain’s virtual lock of the Republican nomination is "a victory for the decency wing of the GOP." Rivera also claimed Mitt Romney "was such a nice guy" as governor of Massachusetts, but "suddenly became an anti-immigrant radical."

Geraldo also said he refuses to even shake CNN correspondent Lou Dobbs’ hand. The relevant transcript is below.

WALTERS: But when we have someone like John McCain, and, and others who say "look, let’s let the illegals work their way back, be identified, pay a fine," you know, have to have certain steps, it’s called "amnesty."

GERALDO RIVERA: I don’t think that that’s amnesty at all. And thank God John McCain is basically the Republican nominee because he is, his victory is a victory for the decency wing of the GOP. The other candidates, Mike Huckabee, a wonderful guy otherwise, he put the co-chairman of the Minutemen on his advisory committee.

HASSELBECK: And Mitt Romney.

RIVERA: And Mitt Romney, I mean, who was such a nice guy when he was mayor- governor of Massachusetts, suddenly became this anti-immigration radical. And the reason conservatives don’t have Mitt Romney to vote for is that the hispanics in Florida listen to his hateful rhetoric, and they said "forget about it. We don’t care that you come down here and drink café com leche and say ‘Cuba si,’ and ‘yankee no’ and all these other formulaic things. If you are slandering people that look like me and sound like me, we’re not going to vote for you." They voted for John McCain five to one. That’s why he’s out.

BEHAR: Wasn’t that to appeal to the base? And why would the base go along with something like that?

RIVERA: Well, you know, where, it stems from kind of a nativist reaction that started really at the grassroots and it’s driven by the most savage talk radio campaign ever in history.

BEHAR: Name names.

RIVERA: Well, I think that Rush Limbaugh is the dean of the academy. Lou Dobbs on CNN has been shameful in his hate mongering.

BEHAR: I heard you won’t shake his hand.

RIVERA: I would not shake his hand because this is a man who has done more damage to the cause of sensible comprehensive reform than anyone else with a microphone. And for him to be banded about as the next presidential candidate or an independent candidate. What? On the backs of these poor people, the most vulnerable? He’s scapegoating. He’s falsely blaming them for crime, for disease, for terror, for stealing jobs, and if you examine the studies, all of it is untrue.

http://newsbusters.org
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RIVERA: I would not shake his hand because this is a man who has done more damage to the cause of sensible comprehensive reform than anyone else with a microphone. And for him to be banded about as the next presidential candidate or an independent candidate. What? On the backs of these poor people, the most vulnerable? He’s scapegoating. He’s falsely blaming them for crime, for disease, for terror, for stealing jobs, and if you examine the studies, all of it is untrue
    Chances are, he wouldn't shake your hand either geraldo because you and your illegal loving friends have done far more damage to this country than you will ever be intelligent enough to realize through your ethno-centric colored glasses.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

someone............... QUICK
    throw another chair and break geraldo's nose again

what an A$$

Rivera is a wealthy tabloid journalist who has radical, out-of-the- mainstream views on illegal aliens and immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fear not! Why the negative connotation on the term nativist?

I am a nativist! I demand that if you immigrate here legally that you do indeed pledge your alligence to America. I expect you to become a part of America. I do not expect you to form voting blocks for your ethnicity, but that you vote according to what you feel is best for all Americans. I expect that you embrace our nativist tongue, English. I expect you to demand of our justice system, justice for all, not justice for my group, color, creed, sexual preference, or race.

If I see you holing up in some group and trying to advance your agenda towards ends that do not look favorably towards all Americans, I will stand up show you my nativists roots. Don't like it? Tough!

A nativist does not stand by and allow an onslaught from foriegners trying to become citizens that would in the end divide our country into groups and try to exterminate the native customs, religions, laws, and language in favor of their foreign customs, religions, laws, and language.

Yep I'm a nativist. The term nativist does not need to be solely negative. Preservation of ones native ways can help to prevent national suicide.

And Rivera is way off base in his analysis. McCain used his narrow wins in the early open primary states (with Huckster and Romney splitting the conservative vote) to generate momentum, and used tough sounding ads against illegal immigration (which we know are likely phony but many don't) to negate his terribly unpopular support and record of supporting amnesty.

And this past summer's "comprehensive" amnesty bill failed because it was horrendous public policy and extremely (and rightfully) unpopular with the vast majority of the American people.

lol, good one James. I think Geraldo is suffering from a self inflickted inferiority complex ever since he opened up Al Capone's safe and found it empty.

AE

PLEASE, someone here, and maybe those Americans here of Hispanic descent, why is it that so many people, including Hispanic Americans will back up illegals, all because of race? I simply do not get it. My husband works with a guy here from Mexico legally and even HE will side with them.

However, with me, if I sided with some criminal, simply because they were white, then almost all would certainly call me a racist.

Why do the people here, some Americans and some legal immigrants, side with illegals of Hispanic background, all due to that alone?
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Don't forget that Geraldo Rivera also had no respect for the safety of our men and women in the Middle East when; while doing a news broadcast a few years ago, he revealed the proximity of some of our troops in regard to enemy troop location and then openly theorized on our military's strategy against the enemy; telling the whole world about it and endangering out troops. His intelligence is highly questionable, so of course he doesn't understand the ramifications of Illegal Aliens in respect to our national security.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

and Geraldo is the lower ranking Captain of the ethno-supremacist, pro-illegal alien, anti-American brigade....los miserables.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast