Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Also when Geraldo was in Afghanistan, in the beginning of that war, his journalistic ethics were questioned.

http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=36&aid=887

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I'm a nativist and I'm proud to be one. Anyone against any persons born in the USA is against all other native born citizens.

Geraldo is an idiot.

I bet he cant even give away his crappy book HIS PANIC. If you mixed

the letters around, you could spell SPAINICH, which sounds like spanish.

Even show hosts dont seem a bit interested. Haha!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Too bad he didn't get stuck in Capone's vault way back when. lol.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Fear not! Why the negative connotation on the term nativist?

I am a nativist! I demand that if you immigrate here legally that you do indeed pledge your alligence to America. I expect you to become a part of America. I do not expect you to form voting blocks for your ethnicity, but that you vote according to what you feel is best for all Americans. I expect that you embrace our nativist tongue, English. I expect you to demand of our justice system, justice for all, not justice for my group, color, creed, sexual preference, or race.

If I see you holing up in some group and trying to advance your agenda towards ends that do not look favorably towards all Americans, I will stand up show you my nativists roots. Don't like it? Tough!

A nativist does not stand by and allow an onslaught from foriegners trying to become citizens that would in the end divide our country into groups and try to exterminate the native customs, religions, laws, and language in favor of their foreign customs, religions, laws, and language.

Yep I'm a nativist. The term nativist does not need to be solely negative. Preservation of ones native ways can help to prevent national suicide.
    Completely agree with you. 100%.

I am a foreign born American. I assimilated the culture, customs
    and all you mentioned above.
    Maybe I am a nativist as well. The fact is I have
    no allegiance to NO RACE, background, religion or
    ethinic blocs. I pledge allegiance to the United States
    and I will do what's best for America.

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    PLEASE, someone here, and maybe those Americans here of Hispanic descent, why is it that so many people, including Hispanic Americans will back up illegals, all because of race? I simply do not get it. My husband works with a guy here from Mexico legally and even HE will side with them.

However, with me, if I sided with some criminal, simply because they were white, then almost all would certainly call me a racist.

Why do the people here, some Americans and some legal immigrants, side with illegals of Hispanic background, all due to that alone?

I have few theories for that:

The first one is just race. For most people,
    they're indoctrinated since birth to be loyal to their
    heritage and birthplace as if it was sacred and holy.
    Remeber no one has a choice where one will be born,
    therefore this is a CHOICE OF GOD. Be loyal to death/

Secondly, here in the US the media plays with the race card
    and divide people into those color blocs. So one will
    feel like picking a group that best represents him and
    will start listening to whatever a so-called community leader
    preaches.

Another thing is the preassure from within those immigrant
    communities. They will try to make you feel like if you are
    an immigrant (legal) you MUST support the immigrant's cause
    no matter what (illegal). If you dont support their cause you
    are a hypocrite and traitor, etc.

Well, all these arguments are erroneous and never worked for me.
    I can only speak for myself. I have no contact or friends in
    any ethinic enclave becaus of my opposition to illegal
    immigration. But so be it because the distiction between
    legal (right) and illegal (wrong) is completely unrelated
    to my ethnicity, background, national origin, and so on.

I'm a nativist and I'm proud to be one. Anyone against any persons born in the USA is against all other native born citizens.
    It's just amazing how Geraldo Rivera revels in Mexicans being in our country ILLEGALLY, being proud of their country, flying their flag, speaking Spanish in our country, YET, here we are IN our country, where we LEGALLY live and WE do not have a RIGHT to be proud of our country or concerned and having the desire to protect it.

Isn't there a slight double standard to this, Senor Rivera?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have been speaking out and doing so on a national basis ...however, the ethno-supremacists don't want to hear us and are even more vicious in their attacks against any perceived "Latino" who oppose illegal immigration, open borders, and the giving away of our nation to foreign nationals who could care less about our laws, our customs, our norms, our language.

www.dontspeakforme.org

And Geraldo, you are a Dean of the racist invasion. I would rather be a nativist than a racist anti-American cheerleader.

Concerning the word nativist.

Webster's: native, adj. 1. being the place or enviroment in which a person was born or a thing came into being: one's native land.

as a noun: 9. one of the people indigenous to a place, esp. as distinguished from from strangers, foreigners, colonizers, etc.: the natives of Chile.

Nativism as a noun: 1. the policy of protecting the interests of native born inhabitants against those of immigrants. 2. the policy or practice of preserving or reviving an indigenous culture. 3. the doctrine that certain knowledge, ideas, behavior, or capacities exist innately.

native from the latin, nativus: inborn, natural

I find nothing negative in these definitions of the term native or nativism.

The MSM and liberals have hijacked the word and placed a negative connotation to it for the purpose of propaganda. In a clever way they have twisted the meaning of the word by placing a negative connotation with the word nativist, thereby avoiding, or hiding, or camouflaging, there true intent of implying bigot, or xenophobe. Thus the term nativist becomes a means of politely calling one a bigot or a xenophobe. Those who are deeply hurt by names will ofcourse avoid by all means becoming a nativist. Better to stand under the shelter of propagandists, than chance being called a bigot or xenophobe. IMHO that is the way I see it. Opinions please, as I like to investigate the censorship, and propaganda issues in the MSM. Am I too far off base?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast