Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Romney picks Paul Ryan as VP running mate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    SNIP
    I believe mandatory E-Verify, the very thing Romney is pushing for, will go along way to alleviate a lot of your concerns. If they can't find work elsewhere, they'll be very reluctant to screw their chance for further seasonal work. Additionally, I believe Romney will do a lot more to enforce our immigration laws than Obama has.
    Romney On Mandating, and Enforcing, E-Verify http://bit.ly/KL3ZWg

Mitt Romney will develop an effective, mandatory employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work.

On Obama's Dream Act fiat

Bob SCHIEFFER: But would you repeal this? . . .

ROMNEY: My anticipation is I’d come into office and say we need to get this done, on a long-term basis, not this kind of stop-gap measure. What the president did, he should have worked on this years ago, if he felt seriously about this he should have taken action when he had a Democrat House and Senate, but he didn’t. He saves these sort of things until four and a half months before the general election.
    Last edited by Buzzm1; 08-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Well there goes that. That's all the research I need on this Ryan person. So Romney and Ryan are both stooges for the businesses who'd rather employ foreigners than raise the wages of American workers. Combined with Romney's perplexing response to illegal immigration these past couple of months, has the GOP completely lost it???

For those who actually support Romney on the need for more VISAs for, say, foreign farm labor, are you actually saying you have faith that the GOVERNMENT will not screw this up and let them wonder around and stay put in this country? Where did this blind faith in government come from all of a sudden. Is Romney somehow going to restore the competency of big government???
    Googler we are not saying we support any need for more VISAs. We are just trying to make lemonade out of lemons. Just like the hi-tech industry. They bring in workers because they can't find enough Americans to fill the jobs. Wrong! They toss engineers to the curb when they turn 40. They want young engineers, with new ideas. America can't pump out kids in that field fast enough. American kids have to fight for their education and are competing with kids from other countries that don't require general ed to get a degree.

You find someone leading the march from our northern border to our southern border deporting every illegal immigrant; I will be right there in the front line. You find someone willing to cut work Visas's for at least 10 years; I wil be right there.

Right now I am waiting for someone, anyone in our Federal Government that is strong enough to take on California. California cannot wait another four years. You and I know we are being run by the far left liberals, anchor babies and the 9th Circuit Court. Hope and Dreams are all we have.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Somehow you make the farmers legally responsible. They lose one then the farmer looses his right to bring anymore into the country. I would like to then put the farmer in jail, but I don't think it would fly.
    You can take away the farm's right to bring in more people
    and you could even put the farmer in jail

and the missing people are still missing, and free to roam about the country.

(The farmer can't go get them and make them come back
    he can't even keep them from leaving because
    he isn't law enforcement
    and they aren't slaves that he can hold against their will.)

We have the same problem with student visas and work visas right now.
    They don't leave when their visas expire they just melt into the shadows.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

More on Immigration from Mitt Romney's campaign website http://www.mittromney.com/issues/immigration

The United States is projected to face a shortage of 230,000 science and technology workers by 2018. At the same time, we have set the caps on high-skill visas so low that, for some countries, an entire year’s quota has been filled in an hour. Mitt Romney will ask Congress to raise the caps on visas for highly skilled immigrants.

will prioritize efforts that strengthen legal immigration and make it more transparent and easier; will boost legal immigration. will make it easier for legal immigrants to bring their spouses and children to America
    Population Forums for Justice - View Single Post - Population http://bit.ly/hZYsN6

more non-citizens would be able to stay legally in the United States under Romney's plan because he would exempt from current numerical caps on green cards the spouses and minor children of green card holders.

will expand temporary work visas for low-skilled workers Forums for Justice - View Single Post - Visas - they work cheaper http://bit.ly/dHjTcW
    Last edited by Buzzm1; 08-11-2012 at 07:21 PM.

I know you are absolutely right JohnDoe2 I was just dreaming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    More on Immigration from Mitt Romney's campaign website Immigration

Mitt Romney will ask Congress to raise the caps on visas for highly skilled immigrants.

will boost legal immigration. will make it easier for legal immigrants to bring their spouses and children to America

more non-citizens would be able to stay legally in the United States under Romney's plan because he would exempt from current numerical caps on green cards the spouses and minor children of green card holders.

will expand temporary work visas for low-skilled workers
    WRONG WRONG WRONG. Why do these supposed highly educated politicians continue to spout this nonsense. I'm a skilled software programmer and so are many others in this country. The problem here is people like Obama and Romney feel the solution to the labor shortage is to allow big businesses to bring in more labor for high skilled and low skilled work. This is simply another form of outsourcing, except now these corporations don't actually have to spend a dime building offices overseas, they get our leaders to bring the labor here.

Right now I am waiting for someone, anyone in our Federal Government that is strong enough to take on California. California cannot wait another four years. You and I know we are being run by the far left liberals, anchor babies and the 9th Circuit Court. Hope and Dreams are all we have.
    That's right, and so far neither of these two are that. We need to dump these two parties before November and figure something out quickly before it's too late. They're becoming complacent because they know the American public only has two choices. The situation is getting really dire folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    More on Immigration from Mitt Romney's campaign website Immigration

The United States is projected to face a shortage of 230,000 science and technology workers by 2018. At the same time, we have set the caps on high-skill visas so low that, for some countries, an entire year’s quota has been filled in an hour. Mitt Romney will ask Congress to raise the caps on visas for highly skilled immigrants.

will prioritize efforts that strengthen legal immigration and make it more transparent and easier; will boost legal immigration. will make it easier for legal immigrants to bring their spouses and children to America
    Population Forums for Justice - View Single Post - Population http://bit.ly/hZYsN6

will expand temporary work visas for low-skilled workers Forums for Justice - View Single Post - Visas - they work cheaper http://bit.ly/dHjTcW
    Buzzm1, cold chills is what I feel reading this. The only changes I see are only in the chosen verbage. The political parties have purposely given me and many others no choice but to vote against both parties. Will the quaified candidate for office please step forward?

I know you are absolutely right JohnDoe2 I was just dreaming.
    We could solve all of the country's problems

if everyone would just do what we tell them to do.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    . . . I believe Romney will do a lot more to enforce our immigration laws than Obama has.
    Me too. It's pretty much a no-brainer.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Ron Paul is not a senator, but a US house rep. from Texas. His son Rand Paul of Kentucky is the senator.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast