Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Romney won't say he'll overturn immigration order

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2/28/2009

http://www.alipac.us/f12/illegal-ali...-draft-140122/

Student's Guide to Financial Aid | Selective Service Registration

Male non-citizens (including illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, ... Conscientious objectors are required to register. If a draft is instituted, they will have an ... But they must nevertheless register with Selective Service. ...
    FinAid | Student's Guide to FinAid | Selective Service Registration
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Not currently, this law change or rule change would allow illegal aliens to enter the military as a condition for their legalization.

W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe illegal aliens are required to register for the U.S, draft if they reside in the U.S., regardless of citizenship status.

Here's the catch: THEY MUST PASS A National Security Agency background check before they can be accepted for enlistment. This eliminates any illegal alien with a rap sheet, or who fails to pass the background checks the NAS does while interviewing character references, in many cases.

Under Obama's amnesty, Mexican illegal aliens will FLOOD the ranks of the United States Military enlisted corp.

Also, Obama immediately pardoned EVERY ILLEGAL ALIEN residing in the U.S. under the age of 31, making them eliglible to become U.S. citizens as long as they go down to the nearest recruitment agency and raise their right hand. This will be a problem though, since the U.S. is drawing down its forces as the Iraq campaign ended, and the Afghanistan pullout is scheduled to be completed by 2014.

Where will the U.S. military put illegal aliens within its forces when American Citizens are being turned down from enlisting? Where is the GOP, and why aren't they raising the roof on this? Hint: ANOTHER MITT ROMNEY MOMENT . .

H2
    Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 06-17-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I am quite sure that illegals in the military IN EXCHANGE FOR FULL CITIZENSHIP WAS A POLICY started by george bush. I remember seeing one at least getting his naturalization papers, in uniform,after returning from the mid-east.

Update: I just googled it. George Bush signe the executive order July, 2002. Retroactive for anyone after 9-11.
    That 2002 executive order allowed "NON-CITIZENS" to join the military, NOT illegal aliens.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Expedited Citizenship through Military Service:

Policy and Issues
    Summary
    Since the events of September 11, 2001, and the war against terrorism started
    with Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Noble Eagle, there has been
    interest in legislation to expand the citizenship benefits of aliens serving in the
    military, which has increased considerably since the beginning of Operation Iraqi
    Freedom in March 2003. The reported deaths in action of noncitizen soldiers have
    drawn attention to provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) that grant
    posthumous citizenship for those who die as a result of active-duty service during a
    period of hostilities. The INA also provides for expedited naturalization for
    noncitizens serving in the United States military. During peacetime, noncitizens in
    the military may petition to naturalize after 3 years aggregate military service rather
    than the requisite 5 years of legal permanent residence. During periods of military
    hostilities, noncitizens serving in the armed forces can naturalize immediately. On
    July 3, 2002, President George W. Bush designated the period beginning on
    September 11, 2001, as a “period of hostilities,” which triggered immediate
    naturalization eligibility for active-duty U.S. military servicemembers, whereupon
    the Department of Defense and the former Immigration and Naturalization Service
    announced that they would work together to ensure that military naturalization
    applications were processed expeditiously. This has sparked interest in legislation
    to further expedite the naturalization process for military servicemembers. As of
    February 2003, there were 37,000 noncitizens serving in active duty in the U.S.
    armed forces, almost 12,000 foreign nationals serving in the selected reserves, and
    another 8,000 serving in the inactive national guard and ready reserves.

Multiple bills provide for expedited or posthumous citizenship as the result of
    military service (H.R. 1275, H.R. 1588, H.R. 1685, H.R. 1691, H.R. 1714, H.R.
    1799, H.R. 1806, H.R. 1814, H.R. 1850, H.R. 1953, H.R. 1954, H.R. 2887, S. 783,
    S. 789, S. 897, S. 922, and S. 940). Variously, these bills would, among other things,
    reduce or eliminate the 3-year requirement for peacetime service, permit proceedings
    to be conducted abroad, waive processing fees, modify posthumous citizenship
    procedures, and provide some type of immigration benefit to surviving immediate
    relatives of citizens (including posthumous citizens) who die as a result of serving
    in active duty or, more narrowly, in a combat zone during wartime.
    Of these bills, H.R. 1588 and H.R. 1954 have emerged as the two major
    legislative vehicles. H.R. 1588, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal
    Year 2004, has been in conference since July 2003. On September 23, 2003, the
    House voted in favor of instructing their conferees to agree to the Senate-version
    provisions comprising the Naturalization and Family Protection for Military
    Members Act of 2003, concerning military naturalization and family immigration
    benefits. On June 4, 2003, the House passed H.R. 1954, the “Armed Forces
    Naturalization Act of 2003, by a 414-5 vote. H.R. 1954 was reported by the Senate
    Judiciary Committee with an amendment in the nature of a substitute as the
    Naturalization and Family Protection for Military Members Act of 2003.
    This report will be updated as legislative activity occurs or other events warrant.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL31884.pdf
    NO AMNESTY

Thanks JohnDoe, you are the one with the encyclopedia!! I do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Thanks JohnDoe, you are the one with the encyclopedia!! I do appreciate it.
    GOOGLE does most of the work.
    I just do some digging and try to figure out what to post.
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Isnt this the same as him saying HE WONT OVERTURN THIS DECREE?

W
    I don't think so. IMHO, I just think he is being careful not to alienate the majority of Hispanic voters. If Romney was to come out and say such a thing right now he would fire up the left, especially the Hispanic voters. Personally, I think he's approaching this in the right way by keeping his yapper shut on the issue. Folk need to realize this is an election year and revealing your hole cards isn't always in your best interest (depending on the issue). Right or wrong, that's my opinion on the issue.

I still say it's better to take a chance on Romney when considering what another 4 years under Obama would mean.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I don't think so. IMHO, I just think he is being careful not to alienate the majority of Hispanic voters. If Romney was to come out and say such a thing right now he would fire up the left, especially the Hispanic voters. Personally, I think he's approaching this in the right way by keeping his yapper shut on the issue. Folk need to realize this is an election year and revealing your hole cards isn't always in your best interest (depending on the issue). Right or wrong, that's my opinion on the issue.

I still say it's better to take a chance on Romney when considering what another 4 years under Obama would mean.
    If they succeed in making millions of illegal aliens permanent here and eventually voters, it is not going to matter much whether a D or an R served the 2013-2017 Presidential term.

If Romney had come out and said he would reverse this decree merely on the grounds that it was improper and probably illegal and unconstitutional for Obama to do this as all of us know it to be, then Romney would have just won the election this weekend.

Obama just ordered the exact same thing that Rubio and Romney (by his own recent admission) both support!

The major difference here is that Obama, while a dictator, has been direct about what he wants to do.

What Romney is saying conflicts with all of his major immigration promises over the last 5 years and at the same time informs us that he has some other plans that he has that are contradictory but as of yet have not been revealed to the American public.

If Romney wont stand up and say he will repeal this order by Obama, then he is just as much of a dictator as Obama.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just saw this for the first time tonight. It is from 2007, but I cant believe we missed this clip in the past... or at least i did...

Mitt Romney On Illegal Immigrants & Amnesty

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

not sure if ALIPAC uses these, or, if so, where they should be posted

ACTION ALERT! Obama implements DREAM amnesty by executive fiat! http://bit.ly/LUk3L8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast