Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So once agan, E-verify is not law except in Arizona.
    Oklahoma also has the law, in effect for public works now, for everyone July 1st of this year.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Ron Paul will be on Bill Moyers PBS show tonight at 9 pm EST.Now that should be interesting
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Sippy, if you take away all the incentives for illegals to be here, the border isn't going to be as great of a problem. As far as the fence, it's not much good anyway unless it's manned. So you're actually paying for two things. Bringing the border patrol back from Iraq like he wants to do, helps by securing our own borders.

I just now heard that Ron Paul is kicking butt in New Hampshire. His polls are in the double digits. Yahoo!!!
    TB, you are correct there, but the border would have to be manned with or without a fence. For me, the fence just adds another method to either keep them out, or slow them down consideribly enough for the BP to catch them. But the benefits, birthright citizenship, and all the other goodies definately need to go.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW
    kniggit wrote:

Oklahoma also has the law, in effect for public works now, for everyone July 1st of this year.
    Okay, so that's two states that the law will be mandatory in come July. What about all the others? This is one reason I support the SAVE Act., it would make E-verify mandatory nation-wide. This is something that each state can't be relied upon to do. Just another example of why our federal government needs to get up off their pandering butts and pass a law requiring E-verify nationally!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

There is already laws on the books concerning a person's qualifications to work in the US. It is funny that that same law worked for many, many years.
    I beg to differ! The law has not worked for "many, many years" - that failure is one of the many reasons we're having the problems we are.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

UsPatriot, what channel is Bill Moyer on?

As far as the E-verify, it doesn't really matter whether it's a law right now or not. What matters is that states have had the authority all along to enforce immigration laws (1996 Illegal Immigration and Immigrant Responsibilty Act) and it's already illegal to hire illegal aliens. All we need to do is enforce the laws we have, and I can't see Ron paul changing those laws.

I think the fear some are having of Ron Paul is that they still think the Federal Government should take care of us and many are reluctant to leave that comfy, cushy life. Just remember, that kind of life was obtained by taxing the life out of all Americans. I say again, you are not going to get substantial change out of the current candidates, Hunter included, until we are willing to make a complete change. All the othe stuff like E-verify and the fence are all minor arguments that don't amount to anything. I suppose you could get Romney to put up a fence, but what do you really end up with. Same old crap.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I beg to differ! The law has not worked for "many, many years" - that failure is one of the many reasons we're having the problems we are.

No, the law works - when used - when enforced.

It has not been used or enforced for many, many years. No law is any good unless it is enforced.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    UsPatriot, what channel is Bill Moyer on?

As far as the E-verify, it doesn't really matter whether it's a law right now or not. What matters is that states have had the authority all along to enforce immigration laws (1996 Illegal Immigration and Immigrant Responsibilty Act) and it's already illegal to hire illegal aliens. All we need to do is enforce the laws we have, and I can't see Ron paul changing those laws.

I think the fear some are having of Ron Paul is that they still think the Federal Government should take care of us and many are reluctant to leave that comfy, cushy life. Just remember, that kind of life was obtained by taxing the life out of all Americans. I say again, you are not going to get substantial change out of the current candidates, Hunter included, until we are willing to make a complete change. All the othe stuff like E-verify and the fence are all minor arguments that don't amount to anything. I suppose you could get Romney to put up a fence, but what do you really end up with. Same old crap.
    Your Local PBS station, you will have to look in your area to see which channel.Look for Bill Moyer that will give you a hint.

My local Public Broadcast channel is 30
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

No, the law works - when used - when enforced.

It has not been used or enforced for many, many years. No law is any good unless it is enforced.
    That's not what you originally said, nntrixie! Here is what you said:

There is already laws on the books concerning a person's qualifications to work in the US. It is funny that that same law worked for many, many years.
    Please say what you mean and mean what you say. You clearly said the law worked for many, many years.

tiny wrote:

As far as the E-verify, it doesn't really matter whether it's a law right now or not.
    Hmmm...........it seemed to "matter" when you thought it was the law of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

I haven't heard him put a figure on the number, I'll take you word for it.

I don't want any temporary workers of any kind - but we have to be realistic - we are going to have foreign workers - for a while - legal or illegal. That's a bitter pill - I know.

The fact is, we have had temporary workers, legally, for a very long time in this country - at least here in Texas.

I don't understand making a decision to not vote for someone because they are being practical and realistic about the situation.

This man doesn't believe illegals should be here working, using freebies and getting citizenship. He believes we should enforce the laws and if that is done, they will be gone - to a great extent. That would be very cost effective, and not embroil us in millions of expensive (taxpayer funded) lawsuits that keep them here for years picking our pockets.
    I don't object to importing some foreign workers to fill positions where there is a genuine-lack of American applicants, although if the politicians who are boosting amnesty were honest they would admit that the applicant pool for most of the jobs where we "need" foreign workers, e.g. computer technicians, farm workers, etc., is much larger than they say it is, and that those Americans who are currently unemployed are more willing to work under a livable wage scale for the same positions.

However, I do not want them to be "guest workers," which is just another euphemism for permanent aliens who will never leave the country. The people that are allowed to become permanent residents or citizens should be told to immigrate here legally, and our Congress should not try to rush them in under the tarp of a fallacious "guest-worker" program.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast