Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul has said he would dismantle Homeland security. He says it doesn't work and Katrina was evidence of that. He said we have better ways of caring for our citizens.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think Paul would have a problem dealing with Congress. He has many supporters on both sides of the aisle. Besides, if he emphazizes legislating strictly by the Constitution, they don't have any choice but to work with him. If you shrink our government the way he wants to do, lobbyists won't be lining the halls and will be forced to pay attention to the will of the people. To understand how a Paul administration would work, people really need to watch all his videos and really listen to what he is saying.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    tiny wrote:

Ron Paul has said he would dismantle Homeland security. He says it doesn't work and Katrina was evidence of that. He said we have better ways of caring for our citizens.
    Okay, exactly what does he have plans to use in place of Homeland Security? Remember, the INS was disbanded when Homeland security was created. Is he basically saying we would have no organization dedicated to dealing with enforcement of our immigration laws? Under the right administration, DHS could be an asset worth their weight in gold in dealing with illegal immigration. Hmmm.......will the FBI chase down criminal illegal aliens too? That definitely wouldn't be practical because they already have enough on their plate.

As for Katrina, exactly what was their mission there? I would probably agree that DHS was not needed during the Katrina disaster. Heck, I'm not even sure of what their mission was.

I don't think Paul would have a problem dealing with Congress. He has many supporters on both sides of the aisle.
    That's definitely not what I've heard. Furthermore, Ron Paul has never passed a bill in the U.S. Congress. IMHO, Paul would have an extremely difficult time attempting to influence the Congress.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The program is not currently mandatory for employers, except in Arizona. Of course it won't work if not everyone is required to participate.

Did his vote stop it?

Now there is a big leap from 'authorized' to actually deployment of those BP guards. Suppose he will actually put them there and not entice them to go to Iraq and not tie their hands regarding enforcement?

If they've have been 'authorized' what's the beef with his statement? He'll put them on the border - I don't understand.

Yes, in order to understand Ron Paul's ideas, one has to give up all the conditioning that has been done to us for the last 40 years. Those things that say 'the government must - the government will - we need the government, etc', and begin to look at the constitution as written.

Get over the 'we need the government' - the federal government. It is very few, specifically given powers under the consitution. All others belong to the people - through their state and local governments.

Remember, anything substantive that has been done on illegal immigration has been done by the state and local governments. The federal government has done less than nothing. Suppose the states didn't have the fear of federal interference or federal judges? How much could we do toward fixing the immigration problem?

That's just one of the things. Consider education, welfare, even taxes. States must raise taxes to pay for federally mandated programs that states could eliminate or replace.

Imagine if we wanted a law enforced, passed or changed, we only had to convince our own local or state lawmakers - people we could actually see, talk with - not some behemoth that sends us back canned reponses?

That seems to frighten some - it sounds great to me.[/b]

MW
    Forgive me for not responding, nntrixie, but I've come to the conclusion that your mind is closed to any concerns, opinions, or suggestions I may have. Plus, I find some of your arguments nonsensical.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Not true, mw not true at all.

I do read your posts - and give them thought - most of them.

I don't agree with the spin, buzz words and sound bites - but honest opinions I read and think about.

But when you say something and I counter - then I'm close minded?

We would still have immigration officers, but we don't need a big beauracratic organization to enforce the laws. Paul has also said state and local law enforcement should be allowed to enforce the laws. Katrina was a joke. There was more fraud going on there than we even know.

As for the border patrol, Paul would bring them home from the Middle East and put them on our own border.

We have been conditioned to think that we need big government for too long. We have to stop looking to the federal government to solve all our problems in each state. Until we get a different mindset on the role of federal government we are never going to get out of this mess.

tinybobidaho -

We have been conditioned to think that we need big government for too long. We have to stop looking to the federal government to solve all our problems in each state. Until we get a different mindset on the role of federal government we are never going to get out of this mess.

You know I think that is the problem. Far too many have been conditioned to think the federal government is our only hope. I think the founders realized it was a potential threat - and I think it has turned out that way.

Again, anything substantive that has been done on immigration has been done on a local or state level. Our federal government has done it's best to see the laws are not enforced.

Imagine what a state like AZ or OK could do without the fear of federal intervention or federal courts. I'll bet both states would be illegal free by now.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Forgive me for not responding, nntrixie, but I've come to the conclusion that your mind is closed to any concerns, opinions, or suggestions I may have. Plus, I find some of your arguments nonsensical.
    And that is the exact same I feel about you MW. Your mind has been closed on Paul since the beginning, you have a pre-determined notion on him and anything said would bounce right off of you without you giving it a nanosecond of thought.

Like someone else said earlier in this thread, you have given your opinion of Dr Paul ad nauseum, why don't you just leave the Ron Paul threads alone if you have nothing new to say or positive.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Here you go, MW. Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and listen for yourself. Then come back and give us your opinion.

http://www.paulvids.com/ron_paul_videos.php

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast