Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Sanctuary City: Now Endorsed by 17,945 Law Enforcement Agenc

Sanctuary City: Now Endorsed by 17,945 Law Enforcement Agencies Nationwide
    Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 09:23:03 AM
    By Benjamin Wachs

Despite Gavin Newsom's recent flipping (or is it flopping? Or swaying-to-and-fro?) on the issue of exactly how San Francisco's "Sanctuary City" policy will be enforced in the case of felons, the overall concept of Sanctuary City has gotten a big endorsement:

Some 18,000 law-enforcement agencies nationwide have implicitly declared themselves in favor of Sanctuary City policies by refusing to coordinate with U.S. Immigration and Customs.

In fact, only 55 law enforcement agencies, in the whole country, have signed on the fed's dotted line, according to the Washington Post.

Why? For exactly the reasons SF's policy is in place. Says the Post:

Although they face public and political pressure to crack down on illegal immigrants, officials say such efforts can backfire by making immigrants reluctant to report crimes, exposing departments to lawsuits, and putting local police officers in confusing and dangerous situations that can lead to mistakes and abuse.
    This doesn't mean that these jurisdictions are going quite so far as to not turn over juvenile illegal immigrants convicted of crimes - as is the San Francisco policy now being debated. But it's still a big -if quiet- statement of fact: pretty much every police agency, everywhere, sees checking immigration status as contrary to effective law enforcement.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/200 ... sed_by.php
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Look like the conversion of law enforcement in this country into enabling federal law-breakers is complete. They are all shameful!

I'll remember this next time they call for donations to their latest gang deterrant program. They can get their $$ from the illegals.

Added: As far as I am concerned, every cop who has had a hand in these sanctuary policies have their hands stained with the blood of American citizens.

"Although they face public and political pressure to crack down on illegal immigrants, officials say such efforts can backfire by making immigrants reluctant to report crimes, exposing departments to lawsuits, and putting local police officers in confusing and dangerous situations that can lead to mistakes and abuse."

If you cannot stand the heat---get out of the kitchen. I will wager for every active policeman in America there are two citizens who would love to have their jobs and would be willing to spend the effort to stand the heat.

Here's a question to challenge the logic of those 18,000 police forces. Who are the majority of those who prey on the illegal aliens??? (Other than the slave owning businessmen.) They are illegals who got here the same way. What the Sam Hill is wrong with the thought processes of our police?? If the illegals were not here, most likely, neither would be the predators. The entire culture of corruption is permeating American society, even so far as to have our police make stupid, asinine statements, like, "officials say such efforts can backfire by making immigrants reluctant to report crimes". Shouldn't that really be--"the crimes WE want to work on???" Did you give up your patriotism when you put that uniform on?? If so, take it off and go out to work with those you refuse to arrest.

Yet another reason I believe there will be blood in the streets. And these noble policemen will be very quick to support federal laws against their own countrymen.
    What the hell has happened to America?????

ELE

"Santuary Cities" kill Americans!

I think the risk of illegals being involved in a crime and not coming forward is less important than the number of illegals that have invaded OUR country!

We hear more excuses and nonsense, the fact is that, they, and their children ( "anchor and otherwise") must be deported!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is a reasonable statement-- from RI--

“I’m not a zealot. I’m not planning on raiding any factories. I’m not planning on setting my troopers on the highway looking for illegals,â€

READ THIS CAREFULLY

The blogging editorialist seems to take the lack of action on 287 to be an active endorsement of a sanctuary city policy. This is definitely a leap of logic, there are plenty of our police forces that would turn someone who had committed some traffic infraction over to ICE. Not all those police forces which are opposed to accomodating illegal immigrants have gone through the commitment of officer time and departmental resources to join the program.

The police forces did not endorse sanctuary city policy they just did not join 287
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

18,000 law enforcement agencies? How many of those include the cities where there are only 10-18 legal residents left while the majority are illegals that need to be protecting so as to keep these law enforcement guys feeling like they are doing something.
    I have been in plenty of towns where there is only one stoplight at the intersection of Main & Market Streets. And then there are small communities where the head law enforcement official also serves as the minister, and pulls teeth for a few extra bucks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Frankly I don't give a jimmy crack corn about illegal aliens "reporting" crimes, especially since the majority of the crimes are committed by illegal aliens themselves! In addition most illegal aliens wouldn't report the crime anyway due to fear of retaliation from the criminal. I wouldn't believe a word out of an illegal alien's mouth.

I would be more concerned about protecting AMERICAN citizens and LEGAL immigrants from illegal aliens. Where is OUR sanctuary? Sanctuary cities MUST be abolished, they do nothing to protect law-abiding people, but protect the criminals!
    "

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    The only thing that might make me feel a little better about all of this is if Congress made it mandatory in their so-called comprehensive immigration reform that all police departments and state troopers across the United States be ordered to check the immigration status of every person stopped, detained, or arrested in their jurisdiction and to turn anyone determined to be illegal over to I.C.E. personnel.

Local cops and traitor mayors can whine all they want but if it is mandatory to be in compliance with federal immigration law, they will have to shut up.

Police officers can be replaced. I am sure there are many Americans that would love to enforce our laws, including 287g. The EXCUSE that illegal aliens wont report crimes is an STUPID EXCUSE.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast