Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote]“Well, I just think the Constitution charges Congress with the health and well-being of the people,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    </a>

They take an oath to uphold the constitution but don't know or understand it ...or last but not least, don't give a damn what the constitution says or means.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SOSADFORUS, I think it is the latter half of your statement.

I have been trying to make sense of all of this by following the old adage follow the money. I am believing that they know what the Constitution means explicitly yet the monied interest have their hands tied. If no debt, means no money, then expansion is hindered, and the bigger the system expands the more debt is required. Hence our state of affairs throws the baby out with the bath water just to keep the system ever growing deeper in debt. The burden has become cumbersome and the Constitution was really torn up when the Federal Reserve Act was passed in 1913, ironically right around this time of year on such a schedule as the health care bill of present. The winter solstice brings more debt. A private bank set up to remove politics or limit the politicians from influencing the bank, yet the bank walks into the House and DEMANDS trillions of dollars! Perhaps the politics of that game should be reversed.

There are just too many things that could be done to help health care that are not being brought up, and I am furious, my blood boils when these idiots say that health care is a RIGHT! If that is the case then I have a RIGHT to a vacation in Fiji as that would help my blood pressure! Perhaps, just like Goebels said, if it is repeated loud enough and long enough, it becomes fact.

Legalize hemp!

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    SOSADFORUS, I think it is the latter half of your statement.

I have been trying to make sense of all of this by following the old adage follow the money. I am believing that they know what the Constitution means explicitly yet the monied interest have their hands tied. If no debt, means no money, then expansion is hindered, and the bigger the system expands the more debt is required. Hence our state of affairs throws the baby out with the bath water just to keep the system ever growing deeper in debt. The burden has become cumbersome and the Constitution was really torn up when the Federal Reserve Act was passed in 1913, ironically right around this time of year on such a schedule as the health care bill of present. The winter solstice brings more debt. A private bank set up to remove politics or limit the politicians from influencing the bank, yet the bank walks into the House and DEMANDS trillions of dollars! Perhaps the politics of that game should be reversed.

There are just too many things that could be done to help health care that are not being brought up, and I am furious, my blood boils when these idiots say that health care is a RIGHT! If that is the case then I have a RIGHT to a vacation in Fiji as that would help my blood pressure! Perhaps, just like Goebels said, if it is repeated loud enough and long enough, it becomes fact.

Legalize hemp!
    YEP, all about the almighty $$$$$$$.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Here is what Feinstein says about this sham. It does appear that in the broadest sense our Congress has used its powers to impose taxation of the whole to pay for massive programs.

• Thank you for writing to express your views concerning the constitutionality of enacting healthcare reform legislation. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this topic and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I support reforming our healthcare system. The key is to find a healthcare plan that provides coverage, as well as limits cost. My colleagues in the Senate and I have been working on this, but it is a difficult issue and must be carefully thought out. I understand that you have concerns about the constitutionality of enacting healthcare reform legislation. Although specific proposals have not been finalized, I can provide a general overview of how Constitutional principles might apply to the issue of healthcare reform.

Article I, section 8 of the Constitution states that "Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States..." The power to raise and expend revenue for the general welfare is one of the broadest powers in the Constitution. This provision has afforded the Constitutional basis of government health programs in the Social Security Act, including Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program.

One of the significant ways the federal government can encourage state behavior is by imposing conditions on the receipt of federal funds. The Supreme Court has held that when Congress imposes conditions on federal funds that go to the States, these conditions represent a valid exercise of Congress' power under the Constitution's Spending Clause.

Additionally, the Commerce Clause of the Constitution empowers Congress "to regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes." The Supreme Court has found that the Commerce Clause allows Congress to regulate "those activities having a substantial relation to interstate commerce." This power has been cited as the Constitutional basis for a significant portion of the laws passed by Congress that affect the domestic economy across states.

I appreciate hearing your views on this matter. Please know that I will be sure to keep your comments in mind as my colleagues and I continue to examine ways to make healthcare affordable for all Americans.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope that you will continue to keep in touch on issues of importance to you. If you should have any further questions or comments, please feel free to call my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Also, may I take this opportunity to wish you a happy and healthy holiday season. And may 2010 be a good year for us all.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
      United States Senator

I just watched Jim DeMint on CSPAN2 where he thinks the cloture requirement on the Senate may be unconstitional because in a Senate RULES change there must be a 2/3 majority and there is not here.

The Health Care bill does not permit any future Congress from amending or changing the body of the bill. There is a paragraph in the bill stating this.

This is a change in the rules by which the Senate conducts business. De Mint was shot down but I don't think this is the last of it.....

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Perhaps a tax revolt from those that will not pay taxes for abortion?
    Or a "conscientious objector" refusal to pay taxes for abortion.

I wrote to all the Republican Senators and told them this:

Dear Senator:

This health care bill you are debating is unconstitutional in that it mandates that Americans get health insurance or face fines or imprisonment. Regardless of the other provisions in this bill that give this government control over our lives, the unconstitutionality of this bill alone should be enough to kick it to the curb.

As an elected official, you took an oath to uphold the Constitution, yet I have not seen any Republican on the Senate floor fighting for the integrity of this document. Even Hillary Clinton was advised by the CBO that it would face Constitutional challenges when she tried to put this same provision in her health care bill when Bill Clinton was President.

If the Democrats win this victory to control the American people, we lose our freedoms. So, get up there on the floor and fight for the majority of the people who DO NOT want this bill, and fight for the integrity of our Constitution because this is the only thing that is going to stop this train wreck.

At least Jim DeMint was listening.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tinybobidaho worte
    I wrote to all the Republican Senators and told them this:

Dear Senator:

This health care bill you are debating is unconstitutional in that it mandates that Americans get health insurance or face fines or imprisonment. Regardless of the other provisions in this bill that give this government control over our lives, the unconstitutionality of this bill alone should be enough to kick it to the curb.
    Thanks, Bob!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12