Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Mel Martinez: ‘I Do Not Support Amnesty’

Sen. Mel Martinez: ‘I Do Not Support Amnesty’

Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2007 10:28 a.m. EST

Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla., said he is not worried about opposition within the GOP to President Bush’s illegal immigration policy, saying the debate is healthy as long as a solution is achieved.

Martinez, appearing Wednesday on Fox News Channel, said the most important thing is to secure the U.S. borders.

"I do not support amnesty,” Martinez said. "The first thing we have to do is get the border right. We have to have stronger border security, but it’s important to find a way to have a guest-worker program to take the pressure off the border and do something about the 12 million immigrants who are here.”

The Cuba-born Martinez, who was recently elected general chairman of the Republican National Committee, said some of his GOP colleagues are unreasonable when they call for mass deportation of illegals already in the United States.

"How do you deport 12 million Americans?” he asked. "It’s not realistic. They will all become Americans, they will all contribute to our economy. We need to work together to make this happen.

"I’m working with other Republicans on this. We may not see eye to eye, but we are working together,” he said.

Beyond the immigration issue, Martinez said the Republicans should receive more credit for the success of the U.S. economy, which President Bush has been promoting in speeches this week.

"The good news of the economy doesn’t get talked about enough,” he said. "We’ve had tremendous job growth for 42 straight months. There’s a lot of good to talk about.

"We need to talk about the economy because it is important to America’s families,” Martinez continued. "Nearly 4 1/2 percent unemployment means more Americans are working. Wages are up. That’s good news for American families.”

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007 ... html?s=icp

"I do not support amnesty,” Martinez said. "The first thing we have to do is get the border right. We have to have stronger border security, but it’s important to find a way to have a guest-worker program to take the pressure off the border and do something about the 12 million immigrants who are here.”
    Have at it guys, lol..........flush away

in case anyone needs a little extra help this might come in handy
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Martinez said how do you report 12 million Americans!?we need to all e-mail him and tell him we are not trying to deport 12m Americans we want to deport 12M illegal aliens and we can do it threw attrition, so don't try to sell us that crap!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The term, "Snakeoil Salesman" comes to mind.

This argument is getting pretty old and American's just are'nt buying it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just E-Mailed Martinez and told him we know what his agenda is and he and the rest of the congress had better listen to the citizens in this country.
    We want our laws enforced thru attrition, no amnesty, we want local law enforcement to be able to enforce our immigration laws.
    Do not repeat 1986
    And they better stop listening to special interest groups, or we are going to clean house in 2008 because we are livid out here and sick of the crap we are being feed!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

First he says, "I do not support amnesty." Then he says they will all become citizens.

Geez. Come on Mel!! Do you know how many illegals you just sent running across our borders with those words!!

The borders are not even yet secured and look what you're doing!!!

You Bushites are tooooooo much. Even the Dems haven't done that!!

"Nearly 4 1/2 percent unemployment means more Americans are working. Wages are up. That’s good news for American families.”
    This guy can't possibly believe this bull.

LIES

LIES

AND MORE LIES!

Legal, this guy's from Florida, right?

How in the world did y'all put up with him?

what an IDIOT. deport 12 million Americans???

i thought the population was over 300 Million, and he wants to get rid of only 12???? ROFL

he surely cant tell us that he thinks the 12 million illegals are already american citizens?

Where's the barf avatar? I need it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast