Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

One more comment.

How are the legal citizens of this country ever going to regain control over our country when we have senators saying things like this?

Senator Martinez, words cannot express the deep concern that I as an American citizen as well as a legal resident of Florida have over the fact that you would say what you said.

If 2,000 people fly into Miami International today from all over the world and overstay their visas and find someone willing to break the law and employ them......are they also now Americans?

Senator Martinez, I think that I am just one of millions of Americans around the country who will find your statements to be seriously flawed and extremely irresponsible.

We would appreciate it if you would think about the ramifications and effects that your words have on our country and act accordingly.

(This post is staying).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Beyond the immigration issue, Martinez said the Republicans should receive more credit for the success of the U.S. economy, which President Bush has been promoting in speeches this week.

"The good news of the economy doesn’t get talked about enough,” he said. "We’ve had tremendous job growth for 42 straight months. There’s a lot of good to talk about.

"We need to talk about the economy because it is important to America’s families,” Martinez continued. "Nearly 4 1/2 percent unemployment means more Americans are working. Wages are up. That’s good news for American families.”
    I keep hearing his lies about this economy. Wages are depressed, foreclosures are at a record level, and American's savings are at the lowest since the Great Depression. Somethings not lining up.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Beyond the immigration issue, Martinez said the Republicans should receive more credit for the success of the U.S. economy, which President Bush has been promoting in speeches this week.

"The good news of the economy doesn’t get talked about enough,” he said. "We’ve had tremendous job growth for 42 straight months. There’s a lot of good to talk about.

"We need to talk about the economy because it is important to America’s families,” Martinez continued. "Nearly 4 1/2 percent unemployment means more Americans are working. Wages are up. That’s good news for American families.”
    I keep hearing his lies about this economy. Wages are depressed, foreclosures are at a record level, and American's savings are at the lowest since the Great Depression. Somethings not lining up.
    Being in banking, I see people's financials all day long. The real problem isn't the economy, it is how people choose to spend their money. Most people make a reasonable wage, they just have a hard time holding on to it. I am willing to bet, the people that you see with the nice car, house and clothes have less money than the one that look like they have little. And, you would be surprised to hear how many people think that having bad credit is normal...it's not. It is really a lack of common sense. Look in your newspaper...are there jobs in the help wanted section? I bet that there are. The economy is not bad right now.

Well, I guess he should be happy. We switched subjects from illegal immigration to talking about the economy!! Just as he asked us to do!! We are so good.

He's trying to get us to look the other way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Well, I guess he should be happy. We switched subjects from illegal immigration to talking about the economy!! Just as he asked us to do!! We are so good.

He's trying to get us to look the other way.
    The economy and immigration go hand in hand, especially while discussing illegal immigration. Unfortunately, it has to hurt some people while others benefit from it. The risks far outweigh any benefits, as far as I can tell. And, we are definetely not going to look the oter way.

I understand, Neese.

But can you believe what he said? What a jerk. Seriously.

dlm1968

I live here in Florida,too. Ain't it great.
    I have contacted Martinez so many times, it is
    ridiculous. Most of the time, no response back and
    many times, incorrect response to the issues I written
    to him about. Perhaps, his constituents do not speak English
    since that is what I write to him.

And you know what , Neese. The economy is good for the
    ones who already have money. And if you do not use
    credit and depend only on what you have in the bank ie
    debit cards, NO credit....it gets pretty bad. Your spendings
    get very, very limited. I am sick of hearing about how good
    things are ,......
    I see tons of people here in Florida who can not afford to buy
    or rent a home.
    I do not know where you live....but housing is out of kilter with
    what people can do in Florida. More are leaving this state than
    staying in it....and that is a first for this state.

And who reports the job growth....
    One of these companies that hires illegal aliens?

And then reports how great it is that they have hired so
    many more employees.....does not mean they are legal ones,
    does it?

Cthelight - We are some of those that are leaving. I am a native Floridian and it is time to kiss my state good-bye and never come back. You are absolutely correct about the economy in Florida. Between taxes and insurance we are paying more than our actual mortgage. I do not believe the economy is doing as well as is reported either. From where I sit everything from housing, food, utilities, etc. is going up at a rate that income cannot keep up with. The paychecks keep having to be stretched further and further.

didn't some economist say a few months back that with inflation our paychecks were comparable to 1979 I believe he said it was?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast