Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanDescendant
    In fact, the 14th ammendment specifically mentions that birthright citizenship is only for children born here whose parents have no legal ties to any other country. This specifically EXCLUDES illegal invaders who are mexican - or other - nationals.
    I've stated on here before that if an Illegal Alien from Mexico is entitled to representation from a Mexican consulate when arrested for a crime surely proves that Alien is NOT SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION OF! So how can it be interpreted that the child is?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can't believe they would say in this article that it wouldn't make a difference for new babies to have to prove citizenship!

You take away the American birth certificate with the birth of an anchor baby, and the illegals no longer can get food stamps or benefit checks for their kids! Want to bet, a lot of them would stop having kids altogether, as the gravy train would be over? The amount of illegal alien births would drop significantly, I'd bet.

Frankly, I know some people don't like the idea of the new smart ID cards, but frankly, at some point we're going to need those electronic i.d. cards that need to be scanned (with a finger print on file to verify your identity).

While we still have paper birth certificates, plastic ID cards, paper social security cards, etc., it's going to be nearly impossible to stop the rampant identity theft.

And I agree it would be nearly impossible for a hospital to prove the legal status of one or both of the parents to determine the citizenship of a newborn child, with the current system of paper and plastic documents, which can be so easily forged.

A lot of the identity theft would be stopped for good, and it would be a simple scan of the card or fingerprint in the hospital to determine legal status or not.

I do agree that employers using E-Verify is great, but it's just the first step in a process of finding and booting out illegals.

They're already working on digitizing your medical history (just saw a story on it on CBS Sunday Morning last week, with Kaiser Permanente changing all their hospitals to digital only). It's going to happen someday with our identity cards, not only the prove your identity, but it will be used to prove your citizenship, your age (stopping some underage drinkers with fake I.D's), and whether you have any warrants out for your arrest.

But I feel the corporate world will fight this for years, as it would be VERY difficult to sneak in the illegals to work if everyone is forced to have a valid new electronic I.D. card.

TexasGal

Birthright citizenship
    Should United States citizenship be automatic for everyone born on U.S. soil?
    Yes. It would be too burdensome and costly to have everyone prove their citizenship.
    22%

No. We need to cut off the costly benefits to the children of parents who are in the country illegally.
    74%

I don't know.
    4%

Total Votes: 1935
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123