View Poll Results: Arresting the employers of illegal aliens would be:

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • More effective than arresting illegal aliens.

12 92.31%
  • Less effective than arresting illegal aliens.

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Welcome Jim:

Once again, I repeat. Going after employers alone will not work and neither will adding security to our border alone.

We need to go after employers, secure our borders, remove incentives/rewards for illegals, and yes arrest illegal aliens.

It's like building a chair. It won't work without all four legs.

W
    William is absolutely correct. Especially as the "employers!" point is so often used by the pro-illegals crowd to justify doing nothing about the illegals. I think they are aware that just chipping at one leg of the table won't topple the thing... especially the strongest leg.

Fact is, if I had to choose any single one thing to crack down on, it would have to be the illegals. The more of them there are, the greater their negative impact on wages will be, which will make more tempting profit margins to tempt more employers to employ illegals.. which in turn will attract more of that portion of illegals whose motivation is to find work.

But as William says, we must take on the whole system. Each part is mutually reinforcing. This is an EXTREMELY important point.

The goals then, are:

Try and stop amnesty.

Stop employers from using illegal aliens with information that will enable them to make good decisions, and then fines where persistant abuse is found.

Secure our borders!

Remove incentives/rewards for illegals to come north.

Arrest illegal aliens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

I have to go find it, but the Republicans are in moving toward a battle on the matter of illegal aliens.

Not all Republicans approve of enforcing the existing law. We need to send post cards to those guys!! We cannot contact them by email... only lobbists from the Hispanic Leagues can. Maybe a call will work, but I am on a serious budget and long distance is expensive.. but Postcards get through at 25 cents apiece.

So in line with the initial goal of stopping amnesty, a post card effort of a mild sort to the Republican Party House leader and Senate leader may be a good move. And of the two houses, apparently the Senate is the one most reluctant to enforce the existing law. So, postcards to the leaders of the Republican Party in the Senate and the House.

Please, don't support amnesty. Please.. support the American Poeple and American Workers.

Do it nice and they read.. do other ways, and they don't read. They are very powerful men and threats just do NOT work. Do it nice.

Shaw,

I like your postcard idea and will use it in addition to emailing, faxing and calling.

By the way, there are toll-free numbers for Congress. One of them is 1-877-762-8762. That connects you to the main switchboard. Then, you just ask for any Senator or Representative you want.

thank you Hoosier Momma. There is a thread on it someplace down low I think.

I like post cards because the people who run the mail room look at them and gossip. People don't throw the cards as quickly as they delete the e-mail, and I think they may work a little better than many forms of communication.

My plan

I agree go after the employers. As William says though we must have a multi-pronged approach.

My idea is to offer cash incentives to get illegals to turn in their employers. I would also offer an expidited green card to those that do.

My reasoning is that if they did turn in an American scofflaw,despite their original felony they would have demonstrated some modicum of respect for us and our laws. At this point they would be documented too. Give 'em a chance.

We are ALREADY paying for these people. Housing, schooling, food, welfare, medical care, what else? So why not get these people to do the dirty work for us? Identifying those hiring illegals would in this manner be a Cakewalk. Clearly they are here for economic benefits let's give them that (WE ARE ANYWAY) and get this most important job accomplished.

Wages for working people would go up and there would likely be more money in the hands of the average guy. You would see some business' "disappear" for a while only to return once the had figured out how to fly right. Those that couldn't, well GOOD RIDDANCE!! This issue is not just economic, it is MORAL.

So whaddya think? There would be some rats jumping ship I could tell you that. Out where i live the cedar shake roofing material is all cut by illegal labor and then processed by americans, americans run the cutting crews. In my view cedar shingles are a luxury and only the wealthy buy them. I know they would still buy them even if they had to pay the "REAL" price. The difference is currently going into scumbag american pockets. Be outraged,I am. The Shake mill owners wife drives around town in a Hummer. You figure it out. cheers naturalglenn

A good idea Naturalglen...

So... a small reward for turning in an illegal alien. Husker wants a lot of reward, and when I worked it out on 30 million illegal aliens... big rewards would NOT be good. At all. Ever Husker.

And.. a small reward to the illegal alien if he supplied the information that put the guy who recruited him/employed him in jail. And as you point out.. that would be a heck of a lot cheaper than doing welfare, hospital, education, and more.

Could we get that in place today?

You know... that really would make a damned good postcard to the whole congess. A good post card to say the least.

stealth politics

My idea of giving a small cash reward and an expedited green card to illegals willing to turn in their employers is sneaky.

Here's how. Once you caught an illegal you would just say who are you working for. If they didn't tell you, you would ask, "Don't you want a green card?"

Those who said no are here to abuse us. They like getting largesse AND enjoy the benefits of working illegally.

I would deport them immediately and start building a biometric database of these kinds of illegals.

If they said yes and told us who they work for, we scuttle a scofflaw american, and now have a registered alien(like I always was). We want this.

There is no way to work illegally if you have the green card. Who would hire you that is an immigration cheat?

We would also get taxes out of these workers and we would KNOW how much money they really made so we could determine their elegibility for social programs.

So much from one little program. Feedback please.

cheers glenn

Imagine if McDonalds lost a store because the owners were jailed, the stored was sold at auction, and the illegals were jailed for a year, recorded, then banned from ever coming back.

Imagine if the bank lost a mortgaged home because they sold to an illegal, the bank loan officer and approving executive jailed, and the bank fined $250,000.

Imagine if the auto dealer lost his license, the sales guy and his manager jailed, and the dealership fined $250,000.

Imagine the welfare technician and her manager jailed, the county fined $250,000.

there would be no illegal immigration because they would have no place to live, work, or eat.
    They are "undocumented" border patrol agents, not vigilantes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast