Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Skipping School, Snickering In Courtroom Gets 2 Sisters Depo

Skipping School, Snickering In Courtroom Gets 2 Sisters Deported
    By KENNETH DEAN
    Staff Writer

WINONA - Skipping school is usually met with fines and the threat of jail time; but, for two sisters, the punishment was much worse - they were deported.

Smith County Justice of the Peace Mitch Shamburger said he presided over truancy court last month when Brisa and Lluva Amante, both 17, snickered in his courtroom.

The John Tyler High School students were before him for skipping school and Shamburger said he fined them each for the action and told them to go to school every day and not to come back to his courtroom.

"I thought they would take it seriously and I wouldn't see them again," he said Friday.

However, the twins and a younger sister were brought before him on Feb. 14 for another charge of truancy.

"I asked them if they didn't understand and they just kind of snickered," he said.

Shamburger said he instructed the bailiff to handcuff the two sisters and hoped that would sober up their mood.

"It cut down on the giggling, but they stood against the wall and still kind of laughed," he said.

Shamburger said he called the two teens in front of his bench and told them they were both adults in the eyes of the law and he was sending them to the Smith County Jail to do time for skipping school.

"I told the deputy constable that if the twins had a come to Jesus meeting then he could turn around, but they didn't so he proceeded to the jail to book them in," he said.

What happened next took Shamburger by surprise.

"The officer called me and said I wouldn't have to worry about them skipping school anymore because ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) placed a hold on them and was deporting them back to El Salvador," he said.

Shamburger said he hoped the girls would learn a lesson from visiting the jail, but was not prepared for the news.

"In all of my years on the bench I have never had someone deported for truancy," he said.
    http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080 ... /802230305
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go ICE

The court should have know of their status. HAAAAA
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

This is the reason our schools are failing. Some cultures have no respect for education. They don't need an education to breed like rabbits and collect welfare. They don't buy into the "dream" of bettering themselves and earning more with an education. Why bother, when they can get bennies for free?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Bet they aren't laughing now

I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Stories like that have to drive the ACLU absolutely bonkers!

From the 'lessons learned' file...

1. If you are going to come here illegally, and
    2. If you are going to enroll in school, and
    3. If you are going to go to school, and
    4. If you choose to skip school, and
    5. If you're unfortunate enough to be caught and go in front of a judge.
    6. Don't fail to take the court stuff seriously!

C-Ya!

"The officer called me and said I wouldn't have to worry about them skipping school anymore because ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) placed a hold on them and was deporting them back to El Salvador," he said.
    This may the best news yet. Great job, Judge, ICE and all others involved.This is how it's supposed to work!

These illegals have absolutely no respect for education and are nothing more than a nuisance and distraction for those American Citizens who actually want to get an education.

And we as American Citizens have to pay for this kind of garbage to infiltrate our schools.

They don't buy into the "dream" of bettering themselves and earning more with an education.
    This is the problem miguelina. Where these invaders come from, getting knocked up and being able to have a government subsidize your uncontrolled breeding is considered a "dream." An education is something they laugh at.

GOOD! The disrepectful ILLEGAL ALIEN TRUANTS, got exactly what they deserved! :P
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They weren't deported for "truancy" you idiot judge! They were deported because they were here illegally!

Good riddance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast