Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sob-Unjust immigration laws destroy families harm workplaces

Connecting the Attacks
    Photos and text by Sarah Phelan.

Unjust immigration laws destroy families and harm workplaces, said protesters at today's anti ICE rally at City Hall.

If you are part of San Francisco’s immigrant and/or transgendered community, chances are you’ve figured out that a three-pronged attack on the protections that this City offers is in full swing.

If you are not, then today’s rally at City Hall helped people connect the dots.

1. ICE raids have intensified. (On average, San Francisco has one a year, but there have already been two in 2008. The first was May 2 at El Balazo Taquerias. The second was September 11 at a residential residence.

2. The City’s Sanctuary Ordinance is under attack following a series of embarrassing leaks ( under investigation by the Public Defender’s Office) about how San Francisco has been handling undocumented juveniles felons.

3. Mayor Gavin Newsom says implementing the municipal ID legislation, which the Board of Supervisors has already approved, isn’t a priority.

Claire Bohman, co-chair of the San Francisco chapter of Pride at Work, told the Guardian, that many within San Francisco’s immigrant and transgendered community came to this city precisely because they saw it as a sanctuary.

“So we understand the importance of the City’s Sanctuary Ordinance for all marginalized people,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SANCTUARY CITY STATUS HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE GAY COMMUNITY THAT EXISTS HERE.

SANCTUARY CITY STATUS WAS DEVELOPED FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ONLY. IT WAS IN 1989. GAY PEOPLE ALREADY HAD A COMMUNITY HERE AT THE TIME.

BTW, BEING GAY IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW, SO GAY PEOPLE DONT NEED "SANCTUARY". THIS IS AN ATTMEPT TO USE THE POWER OF THE GAY COMMUNITY. TO MAKE THEM FEEL THREATENED...OR TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THERE IS SOME KIND OF THREAT TO THEM.

THERE IS NO THREAT TO THE GAY COMMUNITY IF THERE IS AN END TO SANCTUARY CITY STATUS IN SAN FRANCISCO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why would anyone in the gay community associate their plight to that of illegal invaders. Why would they align themselves with law breakers! How in the world is this going to help their cause for equal treatment and or acceptance.

I guess the transgendered community is more concerned with their hardships than the lives of three American citizens who were murdered in cold blood on those very streets.

I dont get it! This world cannot be this insane can it? I think I need to see my doctor and make an inquiry as to the possible use of drugs. Lots of them!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    get out ..... you are not welcome here. We will push to have our laws enforced until you wackos are deported or thrown into jail for breaking our laws

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Why would anyone in the gay community associate their plight to that of illegal invaders. Why would they align themselves with law breakers! How in the world is this going to help their cause for equal treatment and or acceptance.

I guess the transgendered community is more concerned with their hardships than the lives of three American citizens who were murdered in cold blood on those very streets.

I dont get it! This world cannot be this insane can it? I think I need to see my doctor and make an inquiry as to the possible use of drugs. Lots of them!
    I DONT THINK THIS WAS WRITTEN BY ANYONE IN THE GAY COMMUNITY.

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO MOBILIZE THE POWER OF THE GAY COMMUNITY IN FAVOR OF SANCTUARY CITY STATUS.

I DONT THINK THAT IT WILL WORK BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE SANCTUARY CITY POLICY WAS NOT CREATED FOR THEM. THEY WERE HERE LONG BEFORE THIS.

BUT THIS IS AN ATTEMPT BY (MAYBE SF LEGISLATORS) SOMEONE TO MOBILIZE THE POWER OF THE GAY COMMUNITY. THEY (GAYS) STICK TOGETHER.

BUT SANCTUARY CITY POLICIES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAY COMMUNITY. HOWEVER THIS IS AN ATTMEPT IN THAT DIRECTION.

THEY (SF SUPERVISORS AND MAYOR) MUST BE GETTING DESPERATE TO SAVE THE SANCTUARY CITY STATUS. THEY MUST BE GETTING BIG MONEY FROM SOMEWHERE.

I AM THINKING THE BIG HOTELS IN SF WANT TO SAVE THE STATUS AS MANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE ILLEGAL USING FALSE IDENTITY. THOSE BIG HOTELS HAVE LIKE 1000 EMPLOYEES EACH. IT WOULD COST THEM BIG BUCKS TO HIRE ALL LEGAL PEOPLE.

JIMPASZ: DO YOU HAVE A LINK TO THIS STORY? I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO TRACK DOWN WHERE THIS IS COMING FROM. THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO MOBILIZE THE POWER OF THE GAY COMMUNITY IN FAVOR OF SANCTUARY CITY STATUS.

I DONT THINK THAT IT WILL WORK BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE SANCTUARY CITY POLICY WAS NOT CREATED FOR THEM. THEY WERE HERE LONG BEFORE THIS.

BUT THIS IS AN ATTEMPT BY (MAYBE SF LEGISLATORS) SOMEONE TO MOBILIZE THE POWER OF THE GAY COMMUNITY. THEY (GAYS) STICK TOGETHER.

BUT SANCTUARY CITY POLICIES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAY COMMUNITY. HOWEVER THIS IS AN ATTMEPT IN THAT DIRECTION.

THEY (SF SUPERVISORS AND MAYOR) MUST BE GETTING DESPERATE TO SAVE THE SANCTUARY CITY STATUS. THEY MUST BE GETTING BIG MONEY FROM SOMEWHERE.

I AM THINKING THE BIG HOTELS IN SF WANT TO SAVE THE STATUS AS MANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE ILLEGAL USING FALSE IDENTITY. THOSE BIG HOTELS HAVE LIKE 1000 EMPLOYEES EACH. IT WOULD COST THEM BIG BUCKS TO HIRE ALL LEGAL PEOPLE.
    I don't know RP, You may very well be right. But then I read statements like this:

[quote]Claire Bohman, co-chair of the San Francisco chapter of Pride at Work, told the Guardian, that many within San Francisco’s immigrant and transgendered community came to this city precisely because they saw it as a sanctuary.

“So we understand the importance of the City’s Sanctuary Ordinance for all marginalized people,â€

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

I don't know RP, You may very well be right. But then I read statements like this:

[quote]Claire Bohman, co-chair of the San Francisco chapter of Pride at Work, told the Guardian, that many within San Francisco’s immigrant and transgendered community came to this city precisely because they saw it as a sanctuary.

...Pride at Work is joining up with the Labor Coouncil for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA) to call for a moratorium on mass roundups of undocumented workers by the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).....

prideatwork.org

YEP THEY ARE IN FAVOR OF ILLEGALS. THEIR WEB SITE SAYS THEY ARE A PART OF THE AFL-CIO. SO I DONT KNOW THAT THEY REALLY REPRESENT THE AVERAGE GAY PERSON IN SAN FRANCISCO. THEY ARE HAVING A CONVENTION AT THE WESTIN ST. FRANCIS NEXT YEAR. I THINK THEY HAVE HOTEL CONNECTIONS BEHIND THE SCENES. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast