Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South American Nations Condemn 'Racist' Arizona Immig. Law

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

South American Nations Condemn `Racist' Arizona Immigration Law

By Shane Romig
    Dow Jones Newswires

LA RESERVA CARDALES, Argentina -(Dow Jones)- The leaders of South American nations issued a joint statement Tuesday sharply criticizing the U.S. state of Arizona's recent enacting of a tough, new immigration law.

The Union of South American Nations, or Unasur, "rejects the criminalization of migrants [which will] allow people to be detained because of their racial, ethnic, language, and migratory status," the group said Tuesday.

The law could "legitimize racism [and] increase the risk of racist hate violence," the Unasur leaders said at an annual conference in Argentina.

Formed in 2004, Unasur includes Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guyana, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Surinam, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Arizona last month enacted a law making it a crime to be present in the state without legal immigration status, and authorized police to question people suspected to be illegal immigrants about their status.

Mexico was quick to criticize the state law, with U.S. federal officials also questioning the bill.

Mexico issued a travel alert to its residents and citizens, criticizing the "negative" political environment for immigrants, due to the new law.

"It must be assumed that every Mexican citizen may be harassed and questioned without further cause at any time," Mexico's foreign ministry warned.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has equated the law with racial profiling.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/market ... st+News%29
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Those people are more racist then any citizen I know here in America and they are more violent then any of us are
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I am ashamed that my country of birth would pull this crap.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Interesting,....perhaps not. It is coming across the Dow Jones Newswires.

Does Arizona have anything other than Hispanic illegals? Are there any other races involved? (sarcasm)

How dare Arizona upset the status quo! (more sarcasm) Perhaps South America would like to foot the bill for the expenses incurred by the state from uncontrolled borders and illegal immigration? (not sarcasm)

Why do the South American countries think our racially neutral immigration laws are racist?

Dixie

They're upset that we will no longer allow them to use the U.S. as their safety valve for social malcontents and for their penal colony.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Illegal aliens just want to stay in the country and make our country open the gates to further immigration from Mexico, Central and South America, and the Middle East. We already have "comprehensive immigration laws" but they arent being enforced.
    We have been invaded and occupied by millions of people. If they were wearing soldier uniforms they would have been treated like enemies and attacked. But our government treated them as future voters and big business got cheap labor. Now congress wants to legalize illegals and in a few years our country will be an Hispanic nation in language, culture, and criminal chaos will abound. America will no longer be America, but just another politically fragile 3rd world dump.
    There is nothing any different about Arizons's law than the federal law already on the books. Illegal immigration is alreay a crime. All countries have the right to protect it citizens by refusing entry to foreigners. Mexico has some the harshest immigration laws in the world. Why arent Hispanics calling Mexico racist?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn