Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Study: California Leads U.S. in Illegal Immigrants

Study: California leads U.S. in illegal immigrants

Study shows state is home to 23% of the nation's population

From staff and news services
    Posted: 09/01/2010 07:13:20 PM PDTUpdated: 09/01/2010 07:27:52 PM PDT

A new study says nearly a quarter of the nation's illegal immigrants live in California, despite a nearly 4 percent drop in the state's illegal population.

A Pew Hispanic Center report released Wednesday estimates California had 2.55 million illegal immigrants in 2009, a 3.8 percent decrease from the year before. The state accounts for 23 percent of illegal immigrants in the United States.

The study also says illegal immigrants now compose 6.9 percent of California's population - the highest percentage in the country.

But Los Angeles County officials said they have actually seen an increase in the costs of providing services to undocumented immigrants and in the number of citizen children of undocumented parents receiving Food Stamps and welfare benefits.

The amount of money the county spends on health, welfare and criminal justice services for undocumented immigrants increased from $1 billion in 2008 to $1.4 billion in 2009, according to figures provided by county Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich. By including the education costs for the children of undocumented immigrants, Antonovich's spokesman, Tony Bell, said the annual costs now exceed $2 billion.

"It's been increasing gradually, but consistently over the years," Bell said. "It leads me to believe that illegal immigration continues to have a catastrophic financial impact on county taxpayers without regards to surveys showing a smaller population or not."

From January to July, the number of citizen children of undocumented parents receiving Food Stamps in the county increased 4 percent from 103,238 to 107,504, according to the Department of Public Social Services.

Other findings

Residency: The states with the highest percentage of illegal immigrants were California (6.9 percent), Nevada (6.8), Texas (6.5) and Arizona (5.8). The numbers are expected to play an important factor in whether those states lose or gain U.S. House seats after the 2010 census.

Foreign born: Illegal immigrants make up about 28 percent of the foreign-born population in the U.S., down from 31 percent in 2007.

Employment: The unemployment rate for illegal immigrants in March 2009 was 10.4 percent.

http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_15966333
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California is FLAT BANKRUPT!

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

Number of illegal aliens in CA., AZ., USA down
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-211023.html

Thousands of Illegal Immigrants Leave Nevada
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-211087.html

Illegal immigration from Mexico declines overall, but not in Texas
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-211052.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    This disgusting SANCTUARY STATE is full of them! They're crawling all over everywhere and have most of the blue collar construction, repair, hotel service, kitchen restaurant, fast food, maintenance, trucking, house cleaning, agriculture, and landscaping jobs. It's certainly not the America I grew up in where all nationalities and races used to have these jobs and were proud to have them. But then fancy Californians are really spoiled rotten aren't they?

I hate going out anymore because I feel like I'm in Mexico. Do they want to speak English? Forget it! They just laugh at you for thinking that. Other than some ethnic settlement neighborhoods of of one kind or another, the population here is mixed and crowded out by heavy Latino movement. Seriously, I have to go to the Midwest and Central South once in a while to feel like I'm still in America because the population and general labor force there is still composed of Euro and Afro generational families. ( I know, gripe, gripe, gripe...)
    Well maybe I am griping but I still say we should go back to an immigration quota system and really crack down on illegals.
    No amnesty or path to citizenship either.

2.55 million illegal in Calif???? LOL! That many in LA county alone.

And why not, when Calif keeps doing this nonsense.

Wonder why California is broke??? Senior Illegal aliens!

Yes, there are plenty of reasons, and here is just one! California gives over and above what the feds give to Illegal Aliens. Yesterday I was at my doctor's office and picked up a booklet funded 'with a generous grant from the Calif. Bar Foundation', titled, "Seniors & the Law" A Guide for Maturing Californians. They pointed out many programs, such as property tax deferment for seniors in financial trouble, that have been eliminated because of budget cuts...but they didn't cut this one!
    Pg. 3 (Hit link to see document)

Highlights:
    "California's cash Assistance Program is for Seniors.... turned down because of their immigration status....such seniors may be able to get almost the same amount of cash as they would have through SSI"

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/searc ... +aliens%21
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AuntB
    2.55 million illegal in Calif???? LOL! That many in LA county alone.

And why not, when Calif keeps doing this nonsense.

Wonder why California is broke??? Senior Illegal aliens!

Yes, there are plenty of reasons, and here is just one! California gives over and above what the feds give to Illegal Aliens. Yesterday I was at my doctor's office and picked up a booklet funded 'with a generous grant from the Calif. Bar Foundation', titled, "Seniors & the Law" A Guide for Maturing Californians. They pointed out many programs, such as property tax deferment for seniors in financial trouble, that have been eliminated because of budget cuts...but they didn't cut this one!
    Pg. 3 (Hit link to see document)

Highlights:
    "California's cash Assistance Program is for Seniors.... turned down because of their immigration status....such seniors may be able to get almost the same amount of cash as they would have through SSI"

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/searc ... +aliens%21
    I agree! LA County alone probably has close to two million illegal invaders, if not more, currently squatting within it's borders.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Those numbers don't seem right to me either....they should be higher...in our rural area there are so many....there are more of them than any one else...It makes me sick! Why are people OK with paying for them?

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I agree! LA County alone probably has close to two million illegal invaders, if not more, currently squatting within it's borders.
    Over the last few year many legal and illegal Mexicans have moved out of the L.A. area and moved to Riverside and San Bernardino counties where rent, land and homes are cheaper.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hate going out anymore because I feel like I'm in Mexico.
    I thought the same thing, can't go to the park, can't go to the river, so I thought I live in the country; I will fix my yard like a park and just stay home. Problem is sound carries in the country. To the left of me they have some sort of party going on every weeked and to the right and back of me they have built some sort of arena on their property and are having fiesta's and rodeo's. I can't sit in my yard and enjoy peace and quiet or carry on a conversation with my husband without shouting over the Mexican Music. I am beginning to believe there is no escape, the border crossed me and I am now living in Mexico.

I live in WA state and they are all coming here in droves.
    I took my grandson and granddaughter to chuckie cheese Sunday and at 12:30 they came they came with kids who had kids grandmas grandpas daddy's,mommys omg they were at least 60 of them so I thought wow this is a small place and it got hot and stuffy and I was out numbered all I heard was Spanish. Nobody spoke Spanish at the counter so they had a boy maybe 11 order the pizza. The kids ran all over the place pushing out other kids who were playing a game lets just say I felt sick to my stomach..
    I said I'm outta of here and told the person at the counter that i wont be back since they ignored the little anchors monsters pushing other kids around and did nothing and she said they can't say anything because they act like they don't know English they have tried and there is nothing they can do.She said they are looking for someone who speaks Spanish to help control the problem..HAHAh funny why not tell them to leave in English and if they don't get the security guard to make them leave.......Not our problem they don't understand,so I told her that the kids seem to know English so have them translate and she said another can't we cannot go through the kids to get to the parents..OMG wth!!!

Ok so I go to JC Penney's and nice and quite for like 15 minutes and here come more a little at a time within 20 minutes the Mexicans and the language out numbered whites and blacks ..They are rude out of control and the Kids are brats..They were throwing down clothes everywhere and not one time did they speak English all talk Spanish so I took my grandson and said Time to get out of little TJ and a man with his kids said I know what you mean ,this mall use to be nice and now it stinks and the employees cant keep up with the crap they throw all around while they are in a store.

This is a mostly white and black some asian community and I see now that in every town they have 100s moving in..leaving no place without them...My husband said I need to let it go someday someone will follow me home cause i always say something to them..I told him NO that is what they want,us to be scared to say anything that's how we got where we are now..I left CA to get away from this.......Its a sad day for Americans when Mexicans Illegals and there spawns out number Whites and Blacks in the stores and Chuckie cheese...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast